Oscar

themightyblue

Willian at least keeps the ball and keeps moves flowing. When Oscar is off he is fully off and can't even do the simple things, controlling the ball almost becomes a chore. Willian offers the same workrate but much better technical ability.

Yea I wasn't saying Oscar shouldn't be dropped, just that it might not solve our problem.

Maybe move Hazard there and Schurrle to the wing, or hv a change of formation to stop using the number 10

Maybe.. But Schurrle hasn't convinced me yet either.

Why is everyone so against considering the option of bringing in another AM? we could use some competition and we could also use some more depth. We had plenty untill Mata and KDB were sold. Now we only have Schurrle and Salah.

Kalou, Bosingwa and Malouda was with us when we won the Champions League, infact we won the league with these 3 (something we didnt manage with Mata in the team)....do we show them as much respect?

Oscar spent all of his time on the wing when Mata was no.10. He did the donkey work, whilst Mata went in with his lazy challenges. To say we are challenging because of Terry and Cahill is ridiculous. Yea they are a great partnership, but theres a lot more to it than our CB's.

I cant believe half of Oscars thread is covered in Mata comparisons.

Just hope this guy recovers his form, can be deadly when he gives a shit.

You are right. There is more to it than just the CBs for our improvement in the league this season compared to the last 2 but at the same time, there's also more to it than just Mata for our problems in our last 2 seasons in the league and not the picture that people seems to be painting like Mata is the main and sole reason for the problem.

If that PSG rumour is indeed true, I had offer my personal services and drive him to Parc des Princes myself. They can have Luiz and Torres on a buy one get 2 free offer as well as a sign of good gesture.

Good One..

Hazard should be given a go at #10 with Salah and Schurrle either side.

And what has either done to warrant a start.

Not been sent off and not been awful since January 1st.

Oscar is woefully out of form. He still contributes defensively but he's a fraction of the player he was earlier in the season.

I agree.

However, if Mourinho barely plays either, what exactly can they contribute to Mourinho?

Either Oscar/Willian need to start for Chelsea.

So it's due to Oscar presence that we are fighting for the title? Don't forget he was there when we finished 3th, the year before, Hazard wasn't with us when we finished 6th but it's easy to forget we won the FA Cup and the CL and the Europa League with Juan.

It's too easy to turn things the way they are more convenient.

The main reason we are fighting for the title is because we are more solid at the back with Cahill and Terry partnership

And it's not being a "Mata fanboy" to show him a bit more of respect for what he does for us.

no, it's the change of the system that doesn't afford a player like Mata... it's a whole system, not one-guy system, as if that wasn't very clear by now...

Oscar has played a ridiculous amount of games in 12 months.

The guy needs a rest

He's a young lad..

Yes his performances lately have suffered - BUT he was single handedly carrying the team at the start of the season!

It's a steep learning curve for him, Hazard and Willian - another summer will help...

Please lets stop bashing him - only 'your' unrealistic expectations of a player are making him look bad...

You are right. There is more to it than just the CBs for our improvement in the league this season compared to the last 2 but at the same time, there's also more to it than just Mata for our problems in our last 2 seasons in the league and not the picture that people seems to be painting like Mata is the main and sole reason for the problem.

When has any one blamed him for those 2 seasons? As good as Mata was it doesn't change the fact we as a team unit were inconsistent at best and abysmal at worst in those 2 seasons, so when the reasoning to play him is "he was the best player in the last two seasons" then the fact he barely had any competition for that acolade will be brought up, it's not his fault its just fact.
Also, when we hear he would have made such a difference on saturday, then it's only fair for the sake off a balanced argument to mention that he played when Villa in their lowest ebb under McLeish beat us 3-1 at Stamford Bridge.

When has any one blamed him for those 2 seasons? As good as Mata was it doesn't change the fact we as a team unit were inconsistent at best and abysmal at worst in those 2 seasons, so when the reasoning to play him is "he was the best player in the last two seasons" then the fact he barely had any competition for that acolade will be brought up, it's not his fault its just fact.
Also, when we hear he would have made such a difference on saturday, then it's only fair for the sake off a balanced argument to mention that he played when Villa in their lowest ebb under McLeish beat us 3-1 at Stamford Bridge.

No, the point is that (and it took Mata widows long enough to do it) that they said if Mata were here he would be playing better. First of all, he wouldn't. He's created a few chances, but he's only had 2 assists in more than 15 matches... so he doesn't fit the system. And then I made a point that last seasons despite having whatever number of assists (the widows posted the precise amount) we were still 12 points behind the leader and struggling to secure a #3 spot. So I'm not sorry I don't miss the 'Mata days' where we were terrible in the domestic league... UCL and other cups it's about getting into the quarters. From there on anything can happen and the year we deserved the least to win it (compared to other years where we reached F or SF) we won it because it was written in the stars... That's the point is hard for understand. Mata - while a great player - isn't useful for us in the system and the previous system - that showcased him as THE GUY was inefficient as fuck.

The perfect world Mata and Oscar are blended together and Mata gets as good as Oscar in his work-rate, space creation, and pressing skills and Oscar becomes as creative as develops such a great vision as well. Then we have two complete players by Hazard's side. That's impossible though and given the system we have now, I prefer Oscar's bad days over Mata's bad days... No one is blaming Mata nor is anyone praising/crediting Oscar for making us run for the title, but if you don't spell out all the damn words people just read it as they want - or as much as their brain allow them. I can't say.

Its not fair to blame Mata for our failings in the past seasons because they was no defensive stability like now, we never finished a full season with a manager when he was here, also most of Mata's assists were match winning assists. If he had the protection Oscar has now he would hv flourished better than 2 assists all season. By the way pple wasted the chances he created I remember this other day when Etoo missed an open net after been let through on goal by mata

If a lot of people had their way we would have a completely different team every season, consisting of the most expensive and popular players, and we would never come close to winning anything. It's a good thing the words typed here will never influence the club.

That was true last year when he played in the Brazilian league season and then came over to play for Chelsea. He hasn't played a full game since Newcastle. He's played around 400 minutes of football in the last 5 weeks. He's not 38 years old. He shouldn't be fatigued.

He has been playing non-stop! The kid looks burnt out! Trust me I've worked in Stockbroking and Games development - I know burn out - seen it and experienced it.

Whilst we should have more cover (poor decisions on loans) - we are having to rely on him.

Fatigue is not just physical it's mental too. Mourinho is an exacting coach - these players are having to think a lot more than just playing football - it's a combination of mental and physical - plus he has a World Cup to come.

Mata finally earned a rest and he didnt exactly pull up trees...

We need to support our younger players - they are the future...

Even if you don't think he's a great player - can you question his work ethic, effort or desire? Thought not - and as a fan, I appreciate that the most. If he was playing shit and acting like Vertonghen I could see the problem, but he isn't.