Oscar

themightyblue

Describing Oscar?

Well he is much more than typical #10, but also much less too.

He will never reach the level of Mata when comes to individual performance. He fits the system better and obviously is class, but Mata is a #10 that Oscar simply will never be.

The main question is if we will do better with typical #10 or an all round CAM.

Describing Oscar?

He will never reach the level of Mata when comes to individual performance. He fits the system better and obviously is class, but Mata is a #10 that Oscar simply will never be.

Here's a question....will number 10s like Ozil and Mata become a thing of the past?

Look at Real Madrid, Bayern and us. We use Isco, Kroos/Gotze and Oscar respectively, none of whom is in the same mould as Mata/Ozil/Kaka but who are harder working players. They each has similar numbers of goals/assists too.

Maybe the game is moving towards this more all-round AM? Just a thought.

Describing Oscar?

How do you know he will never reach 20 goals? Assists probably not, cause he sucks at corners and set peices (right now).

Also, your talking about Oscar playing under Mourinho tactics. Not Oscar getting a free role under Rafa. TWO DIFFERENT Circumstances. People on this board dont understand this.

RDM, Scolari, Mourinho, AVB, Mendes all saw something in Oscar. Not just his defensive capabilities.

How do you know he will never reach 20 goals? Assists probably not, cause he sucks at corners and set peices (right now).

Also, your talking about Oscar playing under Mourinho tactics. Not Oscar getting a free role under Rafa. TWO DIFFERENT Circumstances. People on this board dont understand this.

RDM, Scolari, Mourinho, AVB, Mendes all saw something in Oscar. Not just his defensive capabilities.

Hi Korea~~~ I'm Korean too also, 알싸 하시죠?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I think some people are finally starting to see exactly what kind of player Oscar is (they're incredibly late btw, he's been here for 18 months) and they're unhappy that he isn't the super-silky, tricky Brazilian player they thought he was. No, in fact it turns out he's a very good all-round footballer, tactically aware, hard-working player and that doesn't fit their idea of a #10. They prefer a #10 who is really good at playing through balls and creating chances. It's a matter of preference.

I'm very happy with Oscar personally and believe he will get better at creating for others. He's too good and smart not to, and what's he's contributing to the team now is more than good enough.

Yeah. More like Sneidjer than any Brazilian No.10 I know of.

He is a breath of fresh air without all those fancy footworks and unnecessary step-overs.

To a certain extent, it's not much of a surprise. Mata was our No.10 for the past 2 seasons and did great for us and then Mourinho came in and suddenly declared Oscar was his No.10. So, you can perhaps the see connection and argument why this is happening.

That's true but nobody with a common sense wil say that Oscar is doing worse than Mata. Mata had his fair chance this season if you ask me and didn't show up except the Arsenal game. Oscar is doing great in my opinion, sure i miss the Mata magic and passes but we aren't playing in a system that fits him.

And to make things clear, i dont really care if Mata or Oscar play as long as the team is doing fine, my main issue is that it looks like people here are divided into Mata fans and Oscar fans. This shouldn't happen since this is CFC not Mata FC not Oscar FC not. Support the players and support whoever is on the team sheet.

Only reason to not like a player of your club is if he pulls out a Benayon and speak bad in the media about the club but that's a different story.

He's going to be unfairly compared with Mata for the rest of his Chelsea career. That's simply the reality of the situation.

There's going to be unreasonable, back-breaking expectations and pressure on him depending on how well Mata plays for those Manc cunts. And it's only going to get worse with every Goal and assist Mata gets. Sad to see a 21 year old with that amount of pressure on his shoulders, can't believe Mourinho would put him in such a situation.

He's going to be unfairly compared with Mata for the rest of his Chelsea career. That's simply the reality of the situation.

There's going to be unreasonable, back-breaking expectations and pressure on him depending on how well Mata plays for those Manc cunts. And it's only going to get worse with every Goal and assist Mata gets. Sad to see a 21 year old with that amount of pressure on his shoulders, can't believe Mourinho would put him in such a situation.

Compare all you want, as long as we're higher in the table, neither Oscar nor anyone else will care. Secondly, don't talk about pressure getting the best of Oscar. While he may be young, on the pitch, mentally and even physically he's no 21 year old. Dude has never hid in a big game, yeah he may have bad games but he doesn't go hiding. I can't recall anytime he's let pressure get the best of him in Chelsea colours.

he's 22!!!!! I haven't even heard much of Mata when he was 22. Of course he won't be as consistent as a 25yo guy. But that 22 yo is a key player in Brazil NT something that Mata was never capable of being in Spain, even if he's 25. Yeah, we don't have as much talent in the position as Spain has, but do you think, regardless of how bad the other options are, it's easy to step into Brazil's #10 position? You guys have no idea what Brazil NT is for Brazilians in general. The boy showed a lot of character doing it at age 21 and OWNING our midfield, even if he didn't do it offensively. He didn't need to do that when Neymar and Hulk were down on the flanks running the show (not much Hulk ofc). But he's dictated our tempo, controlled the midfield and killed oppositions. That's no easy feat.

I'll agree with anyone who says he's inconsistent ( I just liked a couple of posts saying as much), but how much do we expect from a 22yo that got transferred to European football only 18 months ago? Let's not allow our expectations to be higher than they should. He'll never be as creative as Mata, I'm positive of that, but he might end up being a better football player...

He already is in my opinion, and one of the best managers in the world seems to think the same too.

He already is in my opinion, and one of the best managers in the world seems to think the same too.

I'm sure he already is more useful because he's more versatile and more tactical. He's also more complete.

Mata is a hell of a footballer, so I wouldn't be as bold as saying Oscar is already better (even if they're different), but I can see why some may think so. Different profiles, both top class, but I think Oscar has a very high ceiling, so it's sort of only a matter of time before him being better (or at least considered as such by more people).

I'm sure he already is more useful because he's more versatile and more tactical. He's also more complete.

Mata is a hell of a footballer, so I wouldn't be as bold as saying Oscar is already better (even if they're different), but I can see why some may think so. Different profiles, both top class, but I think Oscar has a very high ceiling, so it's sort of only a matter of time before him being better (or at least considered as such by more people).

Agreed. To think Oscar is this good now at 22 you can dream of him becoming a truly world class player if he continues to develop.

And for the record, Mata is a very good player and I'd be really sad to see him go.

He'll handle it with ease.

This was a kid, until very recently, wearing the shirt of Pele for Brazil.

Oscar has got this.

Yeah. More like Sneidjer than any Brazilian No.10 I know of.

He is a breath of fresh air without all those fancy footworks and unnecessary step-overs.

Nah, Sneijder has brilliant vision, which is one thing Oscar hasn't got (yet hopefully) in his game. Sneijder has insane technique in a lot of things he does, so I wouldn't compare him to Oscar at all.