Oscar

themightyblue

Loving the white-knight faggotry going on.. if a player feigns a foul in the box and gets a penalty he gets praised for being clever.

In this case it was ridiculous because he was 1on1 and could've easily skipped the goalie and score. He had made up his mind to go down, a brainfart.

Its not really that ridiculous, because if he had gotten the pk and the red card, it would be 10 v 11 with their second choice keeper.....

Its not really that ridiculous, because if he had gotten the pk and the red card, it would be 10 v 11 with their second choice keeper.....

True and if he hadn't gone down we'd have scored. Anyway, he was great, no need to focus on this incident.

I think mourinho explained it better than anyone - after he's talked to Oscar himself.

Oscar tried to force a penalty (I don't think he was trying to force a red, or maybe he was, who knows?) because the contact was expected to happen and many reminded that Howard was sent off last week for just the same. But Davis is experienced, smelled the Brazilian mischievousness (and lack of fair play) a mile away and was prepared to deny Oscar the bait.

I hate that kind of reasoning. If you have a chance to score a goal, you do everything in your power to do it. A penalty doesn't equal to a goal, many have been wasted everywhere and if he planned to force the goalie to get a red card, then it's all worse.

He's a good kid, I think he flopped as someone explained, rather than dived, it doesn't change the fact I was disappointed and secondhand embarrassed by such behavior.

Now that I've got that out of the way.... he's magnificent, fantastic and whatnot. I think the partnership between Oscar/Willian/Hazard is the future. They compliment each other and they're starting to understand each other as well - as chemistry is very much important between AMs. Am I the only one getting more and more excited by the minute with the prospects here?

The balance he brings is really important and I'm happy he's contributing in the attack again :D

There is no need for him to try to cheat ! Play football as it should be played. Fairness is the name of this game.

I think it's only really the Mata sympathisers that are making a big deal out of this. He shouldn't have dived in the way he did. Inexplicable really, since all he had to do was knock it past the keeper and tap it into an empty net. We won in the end, no big deal. Makes me laugh how people can't abide Oscar diving for this penalty, but it's fine for the likes of Drogba in the past, and Hazard nowadays, to win free-kicks after going down with near enough no contact.

Hazard's no diver at all. With his speed of execution he goes down with the slightest of touches. That's how gravity works. I realise it often looks as if he's diving, (the referees seem to have agreed unanimously not to award penalties when Hazard falls down in the box), but I challenge you to find any blatant Hazard dive. You'll maybe find 1 or 2 over a season and a half.

I agree. Hazard doesnt dive....

He baits for fouls though and if he keeps doing that, his career will be shortened.

I think yesterday game he dived once though, but besides that I dont remember a single time this season. (I guess some of his falls in the box could be considered "dives.")

Am I the only one happy that he dived and the ref booked him?

I mean, Oscar isnt a diver but he did blatantly dived yesterday!

If he had a penalty, it could estimulate him to keep on diving. But the fact he got a yellow for it will enough for him to go for the finish in a future play...

I really think there should be retroactive punishment for divers who aren't caught. A yellow in the game is fine, but lots of times, the referee doesn't see it. It's an awful part of football and I think more needs to be done to get rid of it. If the punishments were severe enough, you'd start to see it stop completely.

I really think there should be retroactive punishment for divers who aren't caught. A yellow in the game is fine, but lots of times, the referee doesn't see it. It's an awful part of football and I think more needs to be done to get rid of it. If the punishments were severe enough, you'd start to see it stop completely.

NBA style....

Fine them money...

But Lebron and Chris Paul still flops..

I think it's only really the Mata sympathisers that are making a big deal out of this. He shouldn't have dived in the way he did. Inexplicable really, since all he had to do was knock it past the keeper and tap it into an empty net. We won in the end, no big deal. Makes me laugh how people can't abide Oscar diving for this penalty, but it's fine for the likes of Drogba in the past, and Hazard nowadays, to win free-kicks after going down with near enough no contact.

Hazard really doesn't dive. Don't think you can compare what Oscar did to what Hazard does. Hazard is just smart when it comes to shielding the ball and a lot of the times he's just a fraction of a second quicker on the ball then the defender.

Oscar really dived when there was no need to but i agree with you that it's really not that big of a deal. He dived, he got a yellow card, end off. See no reason to discuss this any further.

Well, stars get away with more in every sport. You can fine them, suspend them, both, I don't care but it's a problem that is actually very easy to stop if people really wanted to.

Suspend them and you lose a ton of money...

No one would do that... Its one thing to fine players so they lose their money, but its another thing to suspend them and the league/sponsors lose their own money.