Oscar

themightyblue

Yeah, that's true and it was a poor signing. He's a decent player, but not near elite. Still, the overall group of midfielders signed in this range (and even lower) is excellent.

Brazil players are all bought via potential....

LUCAS. Oscar and neymar will follow with high transfer cost. Even freaking ganso was going to be sold high a few seasons ago.

On a side note, what players actually fulfilled their high transfer cost this season........

Besides rvp and santi.

Oscar has LOADS of potential but there is something seriously wrong with him, It seems he's not mentally ready for anymore action. It's not 'bout his fitness. Dayum! Passing and crossing has nothing to do with the fatigue, There weren't a single cross that reached it's destination, and his passing was a little better than Mikel which is no achievement -__-

I could be completely wrong but if i were Rafa, I would only use him as a sub, only in the games where we are aready leading by two goals or something.

Imo He has done his work for this season, and I believe, his next season would be lots better with a proper pivot (:

Wrong.

Your skill related fitness suffers if your physical fitness levels (ie. cardio respiratory endurance) drops.

Being tired means you can only perform at 60-75% percent of your ability which can result in poor passes/crosses/dribbles etc.

Only time PE theory has ever come in useful...

Brazil players are all bought via potential....

LUCAS. Oscar and neymar will follow with high transfer cost. Even freaking ganso was going to be sold high a few seasons ago.

On a side note, what players actually fulfilled their high transfer cost this season........

Besides rvp and santi.

It depends what you mean by high cost. There were really only 3 expensive players coming into the Premier League this season (over 20M) so obviously not going to be a lot of bargains there. Lots of good value at lower costs though. (Nestasic, Michu, Vertonghen, Benteke, etc...)

even mikel had a 85% pass completion, does that make him better than mata statistically.

Oscar also made the most tackles in the match. More than ramires, mikel and mata combined. Its not a shame to say mata had a terrible game for us yesterday, because he did. The only reason oscar looked almost as bad as him is because he played in the wings in the first half. If oscar was rated only when he played in the center, he would be the man of the match for chelsea.

I think he'll be fine. He was brought in to our future main attacking midfielder I feel. I think he's only being played on the wing due to lack of options. Really though, he should be rotating with and covering for Mata at the moment, with a proper winger on the right.

Let's say we buy someone for the right hand side - Hulk for example. That gives us Hazard - Mata - Hulk.

On the days where Mata isn't needed/wanted, or we want someone with a higher work-rate than Mata, that line changes to Hazard - Oscar - Hulk.

When those days come where Oscar gets to play in the centre but with our #1 wingers on each side of him, he'll get the chance to even displace Mata if he's good enough.

Oscar's future depends not on what he does, but what the board does.

It would be best for him to play second-fiddle to Mata in the central position (for now) with a proper winger in his position, than to have him as the starting winger so often on the right hand side, which both deters his natural game and brings down our team in general.

He's not Brazil's best player (if you discount Silva perhaps) due to magic. He's talented. Very talented.

We'll only see the best of him when he's playing in our best possible team with him included and Mata sitting out. It's as simple as that.

He's still young too, so being used on the wing one game then central the next must just confuse him making him more prone to error. He's human.

Hopefully he reaches Kaka's heights and not Diego's unfulfilled promise.

Oscar also made the most tackles in the match. More than ramires, mikel and mata combined. Its not a shame to say mata had a terrible game for us yesterday, because he did. The only reason oscar looked almost as bad as him is because he played in the wings in the first half. If oscar was rated only when he played in the center, he would be the man of the match for chelsea.

no one is saying that mata dint have a poor game but oscar was awful too. he is been playing on the wings since FSW took over and that is november. 4 months should be more than enough for him to make the apt and suitable adjustments in his games and especially show some character in such a big game.

i totally agree that he was good when playing in the pivot. but that does not give us any solutions to our current predicament. oscar cant play as a DM even if our only option there is MIKEL. he seems so fatigued i seriously doubt if he can play in the box to box role and do as good as rambo in that role. which leaves him behind the striker. that position is fixed for mata and justifiably. plus sending mata on the wing would be going down the same road as RDM's where iva was exposed thoroughly due to absolutely no cover from the winger. so the point is if oscar fits our current system with his current limitations specially since we have a more than good replacement in moses.

no one is saying that mata dint have a poor game but oscar was awful too. he is been playing on the wings since FSW took over and that is november. 4 months should be more than enough for him to make the apt and suitable adjustments in his games and especially show some character in such a big game.

i totally agree that he was good when playing in the pivot. but that does not give us any solutions to our current predicament. oscar cant play as a DM even if our only option there is MIKEL. he seems so fatigued i seriously doubt if he can play in the box to box role and do as good as rambo in that role. which leaves him behind the striker. that position is fixed for mata and justifiably. plus sending mata on the wing would be going down the same road as RDM's where iva was exposed thoroughly due to absolutely no cover from the winger. so the point is if oscar fits our current system with his current limitations specially since we have a more than good replacement in moses.

how is watching Football on 240p working out?

He had a very bad first half, but improved when he went to Mikel's position. In fact, he wasn't really acting as a DM. Since we were pushing, he and Ramires were more like CMs.

That's why I think we should play 4-3-2-1/4-3-3, I fully believe Oscar can make a great CM. At least for now. He can get way too isolated as a AM in big games, probably because of our shit pivot and the fact that he lacks experience in Europe. He needs to get on the ball more, moving him back a bit would do this. He also has an amazing work-rate, the best I've ever seen from an attacking-midfielder, so I think, after a good few games, he'd have no problems at all.

Him as a CM would help a lot in the effort of trying to dictate the game. Even when he is deployed as CAM, Mata and Hazard are usually alongside on either flank with only the single striker constantly ahead of him; it's hard to be a playmaker when there's fewer players ahead of you to pass to. And he seems to get this benefit when playing for Brazil.

It also unshackles Ramires if he was in another CM spot and gives KDB another position to fill when he gets back.

I'm saying this though with next season in mind. I just hate 4-2-3-1; at least while our pivot is so fucking atrocious.

better than watching football wearing oscar tinted glasses...

4 months is enough time to change positions? ...... You probably never played sports.

You can't significantly gain dribble speed, acceleration, etc in 4 months. BPl wingers are all uber fast and direct. Oscar is not and he is not going to get faster.

Adapt? Please, Mata nor Hazard still don't track back consistently, even though it is their responsibility. Oscar, the thinnest person on our squad is also going for the challenges and tracking back. Look at our pivot players, they still can't pick up the ball from the back cause Cech don't trust them.

Attitude. I can't understand how you can see his attitude watching 240p streams... I really don't see attitude problems with Oscar, mata or Hazard. Maybe the veterans but not those 3.

I want to see him in the pivot against lesser opposition, if he puts on some weight with more experience I think he could be defensively sound enough. I think he could definitely be a dlp and use his technical ability to maintain posession instead of dribbling by defenders.

4 months is enough time to change positions? ...... You probably never played sports.

You can't significantly gain dribble speed, acceleration, etc in 4 months. BPl wingers are all uber fast and direct. Oscar is not and he is not going to get faster.

Adapt? Please, Mata nor Hazard still don't track back consistently, even though it is their responsibility. Oscar, the thinnest person on our squad is also going for the challenges and tracking back. Look at our pivot players, they still can't pick up the ball from the back cause Cech don't trust them.

Attitude. I can't understand how you can see his attitude watching 240p streams... I really don't see attitude problems with Oscar, mata or Hazard. Maybe the veterans but not those 3.

did i say its enough to change positions or "TO MAKE SUITABLE ADJUSTMENTS".. plus if oscar if so un-flexible that he cant perform against teams like sunderlamd on the wings then whats the point of such a player. (which i feel is total BS because if we he is fresh into the next season and made to play on the wings he would do a good eniugh job). for heaven's sake dint bertrand do the job, was not ramo used on the wings. or is it the first time in the history of football that a player is bein g played out of position to suit the needs of the team???

are u serious??? people here want oscar to play in the pivot so by your logic we should not expect any tackles from oscar as he is so lean. also what is next? josh is a cm but due to his physique we wont expect him to do anything. or for that matter LAHM who is one of the most dimunitive footballers i ve seen but defends crosses and what not.

is u dont see a problem in oscar's attitude after the sunderland and the kazan game amd not to forget the southampton fiasco and the united nightmare, then there is no point of this debate because u have already made up your mind no matter what i say. also i would advice growing up to you because one joke is funny once only. repeatedly saying "watching the 240p streams" is just embarassing urself because it shown u got nothing more, also i watch my games on a big flat screen tv and not a 13 inch lappy with a crappy internet feed and a closed "oscar" oriented mind but a chelsea oriented mind.

did i say its enough to change positions or "TO MAKE SUITABLE ADJUSTMENTS".. plus if oscar if so un-flexible that he cant perform against teams like sunderlamd on the wings then whats the point of such a player. (which i feel is total BS because if we he is fresh into the next season and made to play on the wings he would do a good eniugh job). for heaven's sake dint bertrand do the job, was not ramo used on the wings. or is it the first time in the history of football that a player is bein g played out of position to suit the needs of the team???

are u serious??? people here want oscar to play in the pivot so by your logic we should not expect any tackles from oscar as he is so lean. also what is next? josh is a cm but due to his physique we wont expect him to do anything. or for that matter LAHM who is one of the most dimunitive footballers i ve seen but defends crosses and what not.

is u dont see a problem in oscar's attitude after the sunderland and the kazan game amd not to forget the southampton fiasco and the united nightmare, then there is no point of this debate because u have already made up your mind no matter what i say. also i would advice growing up to you because one joke is funny once only. repeatedly saying "watching the 240p streams" is just embarassing urself because it shown u got nothing more, also i watch my games on a big flat screen tv and not a 13 inch lappy with a crappy internet feed and a closed "oscar" oriented mind but a chelsea oriented mind.

what.

What are suitable adjustments to playing a winger? (Also, Berts and Rambo both suckass on the wing)....

Am I serious what? Oscar is the only attacking player on our team that tracks back.... I'm pretty sure in Brazil he never had this responsibility, however, since coming to Chelsea he has embraced it 100 percent. Also, what midfield/forward players actually presses on Chelsea? Rambo. Moses and Oscar.

Your the only one that questions his attitude. I don't see it. Only thing I see is someone that is getting burned out from playing too many games and running back and forth too much....

what.

What are suitable adjustments to playing a winger? (Also, Berts and Rambo both suckass on the wing)....

Am I serious what? Oscar is the only attacking player on our team that tracks back.... I'm pretty sure in Brazil he never had this responsibility, however, since coming to Chelsea he has embraced it 100 percent. Also, what midfield/forward players actually presses on Chelsea? Rambo. Moses and Oscar.

Your the only one that questions his attitude. I don't see it. Only thing I see is someone that is getting burned out from playing too many games and running back and forth too much....

suitable adjustements would be crossing the ball, and crossing it so that it beats the wing back and reaches the D, then sticking to the wings instead of trying to always come in the center. stop loosing the ball in double figures in every match while trying to go past a defender specially we wgot mata and hazard. bert and rambo might suckass on the wings but one of them played a big part in UCL final and the other scored an out of a world goal against BARCA from the wing/wingback to give us some hope. so they have paid their dues and proved that players need to ADJUST TO WHATEVER ROLE THEY ARE DEEMED TO BE THE BEST FOR THE TEAM.

oscar tracks back because he has to. mean while i would think that hazard and mata would be very much advised to stay up the pitch for a counter under normal situation but to say they never track back tells me exactly what u see while watching a match. hazard provides enough cover for his wingback while i seriously doubt mata is supposed to generally fall back and infact be a way out of defense,

if he is so fatigued, then tell me how is he fit to play a role in the pivot??? specialy consideringt that he cant play the dm role so the only role left is the box to box role. do u think that is condusive for a player who is supposedly that fatigued???

suitable adjustements would be crossing the ball, and crossing it so that it beats the wing back and reaches the D, then sticking to the wings instead of trying to always come in the center. stop loosing the ball in double figures in every match while trying to go past a defender specially we wgot mata and hazard. bert and rambo might suckass on the wings but one of them played a big part in UCL final and the other scored an out of a world goal against BARCA from the wing/wingback to give us some hope. so they have paid their dues and proved that players need to ADJUST TO WHATEVER ROLE THEY ARE DEEMED TO BE THE BEST FOR THE TEAM.

oscar tracks back because he has to. mean while i would think that hazard and mata would be very much advised to stay up the pitch for a counter under normal situation but to say they never track back tells me exactly what u see while watching a match. hazard provides enough cover for his wingback while i seriously doubt mata is supposed to generally fall back and infact be a way out of defense,

if he is so fatigued, then tell me how is he fit to play a role in the pivot??? specialy consideringt that he cant play the dm role so the only role left is the box to box role. do u think that is condusive for a player who is supposedly that fatigued???

And who crosses well on Chelsea? Heck, our corner set pieces are usually duds.

LOL, he tracks back cause he has to? So, I guess that is only his responsibility and not Hazard or Mata.

Also, you do realize Oscar went from Brazil season straight to Olympics straight to Chelsea..... I guess your not suppose to be fatigued from playing football without any breaks since April... But than again, I doubt you ever play sports to know anything about that.

And who crosses well on Chelsea? Heck, our corner set pieces are usually duds.

LOL, he tracks back cause he has to? So, I guess that is only his responsibility and not Hazard or Mata.

Also, you do realize Oscar went from Brazil season straight to Olympics straight to Chelsea..... I guess your not suppose to be fatigued from playing football without any breaks since April... But than again, I doubt you ever play sports to know anything about that.

so if no one crosses well in chelsea, oscar is also not supposed to cross well? nice argument dude.

what is LOL if i say he is supposed to track back??? he plays as a winger and since his pool days FSW has been known to play the defensive winger strat... and also how do u say hazard does not track back? also again i say this... mata is supposed to be the guy who transitions our play from defence to attack so GENERALLY he is higher up the pitch so as to provide the link up play. u would know that if u had ever played any sort of good football at some good level instead of in your 5 on 5 in your street football matches.

if oscar has had a long hard season what would u say about mata. he literally played every match for us last season, then went to euros, then went to olympics and now he again not only plays 95% of chelsea's matches but also carries the whole team on his shoulders. and that burden was supposed to be distributed between players like oscar who was brought for 25MILLION POUNDS. but so far has had an average season.