Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar has LOADS of potential but there is something seriously wrong with him, It seems he's not mentally ready for anymore action. It's not 'bout his fitness. Dayum! Passing and crossing has nothing to do with the fatigue, There weren't a single cross that reached it's destination, and his passing was a little better than Mikel which is no achievement -__-

I could be completely wrong but if i were Rafa, I would only use him as a sub, only in the games where we are aready leading by two goals or something.

Imo He has done his work for this season, and I believe, his next season would be lots better with a proper pivot (:

The problem for me isn't whether Oscar is/will be a great player, the problem is that i can't see any way for Mata,Oscar and Hazard to be in the starting eleven next year if we want to challenge for PL and CL. As much i like him as a person and a player and i want him to succeed here and considering also his pricetag, he needs to play week in week out and i just can't think of a possible way that will benefit both Chelsea (first and foremost) and him.

Emenalo OUT ! What a brilliant idea to sign the #10 of Brazil and play him on the wings. If Oscar was envisioned to replace Lampard in that pivot then why hasn't he played there more this season? Moses and Marin should be playing on the wing more often not Oscar! Does Roman even give a fuck anymore?

You cannot be more wrong, really. I hate to use this kind of argumentation, but... Have you ever played to football, or to another extend, have you practiced any sport at all ?

If you had, then, you should know that fatigue has influence upon a lot of things, such as the accuracy of your passing and crossing game, your vision, and your decision taking.

When you're tired, you lose your lucidity, concentration, calm and self-control, and, your speed of thought is slowed down. As a matter of facts, when tired, it takes you more time to take a decision, and to take the good one as well. Also, your movements become sloppy. Therefore, your finishing and accuracy, among other things, get worse. That's nature.

Exactly, some aspects of the game can only be felt when you p,ay the sport!

You cannot be more wrong, really. I hate to use this kind of argumentation, but... Have you ever played to football, or to another extend, have you practiced any sport at all ?

If you had, then, you should know that fatigue has influence upon a lot of things, such as the accuracy of your passing and crossing game, your vision, and your decision taking.

When you're tired, you lose your lucidity, concentration, calm and self-control, and, your speed of thought is slowed down. As a matter of facts, when tired, it takes you more time to take a decision, and to take the good one as well. Also, your movements become sloppy. Therefore, your finishing and accuracy, among other things, get worse. That's nature.

Oh thanks, and I've played sports all of me life but not with the intensity they do so, I never experienced any of those. and I know he needs some weeks off to get himself together (: .

When I'm tired even my first touch becomes bad.

just to say I disagree with most here and thought Oscar had a good game. I certainly do not expect him to beat defenders on 1x1 as well as i don't expect him to be the one stopping Yaya's runs (that should've been Mickel). He should be our man linking up play from deep while at the same time helping defense which he did very well in the second half once Mickel was gone.

Far superior to Mata and Hazard. It was prob the worse I've seen Mata for Chelsea.

Oscar can't play in the wings, especially now he is fatigued. Playing there is worse off now, anywhere in the center is good for oscar than wings.

Sorry but he put in the most tackles for us(8) and had an 85% pass completion. He was our highest rated player in whoscored.com(7.7/10) especially in the 2nd half.

He was better than mata statistically.

2 Things.

1) We paid 13M for Lukaku with clauses that could take it up to 18...so half of what Oscar cost. Lots of young promising, talented players like Oxlade-Chamberlin and Phil Jones go for around what Lukaku went for. In the last 3 seasons, the midfielders who went for more than 20M have been. Hazard, Mata, Nasri, Ya Ya Toure, and Silva. All of those players were successful at a high level before the transfers. If you go a bit cheaper, you get players like Kagawa, Milner, Ramires, and Dembele.

2) Lukaku had no success his first year because he never played. He started 4 games in the entire season and 3 of those were in the League Cup. Oscar has played a full first-team season with Chelsea.

Because tho cost of transfers are spread out over the life of a contract, we're actually paying for Oscar (let's say he's making 40K/week) over 7M pounds a year. This is why despite what people want, paying big money for players you need to develop is a bad policy because you have to pay big money while they are developing which means that the financial benefit you get later in the contract is mitigated by your losses earlier in the contract... (Also, as KDB and Courtois and others have shown, you can get very good quality youngsters for cheaper anyway).

James Milner cost City over 20 million.

Oh thanks, and I've played sports all of me life but not with the intensity they do so, I never experienced any of those. and I know he needs some weeks off to get himself together (: .

Another thing to consider is that willpower is dispensable. It will only take you so far before giving in. Think of it as petrol, it gets all used up and takes time to fill back up.

Tired players may seem like they don't care, but there willpower has just been drained. Of course some players in fact, don't care.

Oscar can't play in the wings, especially now he is fatigued. Playing there is worse off now, anywhere in the center is good for oscar than wings.

Sorry but he put in the most tackles for us(8) and had an 85% pass completion. He was our highest rated player in whoscored.com(7.7/10) especially in the 2nd half.

He was better than mata statistically.

even mikel had a 85% pass completion, does that make him better than mata statistically.

just to say I disagree with most here and thought Oscar had a good game. I certainly do not expect him to beat defenders on 1x1 as well as i don't expect him to be the one stopping Yaya's runs (that should've been Mickel). He should be our man linking up play from deep while at the same time helping defense which he did very well in the second half once Mickel was gone.

Far superior to Mata and Hazard. It was prob the worse I've seen Mata for Chelsea.

You got a point there..

Mata always play bad against City I feel.. its like he's too small and when given proper marking on him he cant seem to do much, he needs freedom. I'm no tactician but there must be a way, a certain tactic that could get Mata free, cause when this guy has freedom...

Oscar just doesnt fit in the wide position he is given, he should be more of a linking man between the defence and Hazard\Mata\Torres\Ba. I feel like he would work in a more of a middle position, but seems like Mata already took charge of that position.

And another thing about Oscar, he showed good fighting spirit and will to win!

He was poor on the wings yesterday, but he really did show some heart and bite in the double pivot when Mikel went off. I think we've got to seriously think about playing him there more because I don't see him displacing Mata from the 10 spot anytime soon and he certainly isn't a winger in my opinion, especially if we get Schurrle in.

Agreed. Someone with Oscar's dynamism in the pivot is exactly what we need. He's no Essien (at his peak) as he is a totally different breed of player, but he could certainly be moulded into a Xabi Alonso-type if he is played there on a consistent basis. Just the shame the coaches don't recognise it.