Oscar

themightyblue

This Oscar some people around here want, the guy with lots of creativity, great touches, an assist machine... who cannot defend to save his life... well that was Juan Mata!

Yet Oscar stayed and Mata is gone. So, it really comes down to jose's preferences as to how his squad should play and the characteristics of the players in the starting XI.

Reckon that what people dislike about Oscar, that he is too defensive in the AM position, is exactly what Jose wants from him.

Which brings me to my last point: perhaps Oscar cannot do ALL defensive work that Jose asks him to do AND produce as much when going forward; I mean something's gotta give and perhaps Oscar is indeed sacrificing himself for the team.

Whatever it is, it seems to be working.

As I said it before, Ozil could do it in Madrid. And there are many others #10 that can do it.

Oscar is right now one of the problems in this team... the number 10 should be capable of create something regularly

As I said it before, Ozil could do it in Madrid. And there are many others #10 that can do it.

Oscar is right now one of the problems in this team... the number 10 should be capable of create something regularly

Ozil cannot defend. He will never be able to defend because he's not quick enough. He also has very low work rate; some would say he's a bit lazy on the pitch.

Hazard is our Ozil (but quick and works harder) and Jose only allows one player to have somewhat of a free role on his squad and that role is taken by Hazard. There won't be another.

Once again Ozil was available. As was Mata (for free too!). And yet Jose sticks with Oscar because he doesn't want a 10 (already has one); he wants a number 8 - take a hint from the number on his back.

If we have a creative RW, which Willian isn't, would take pressure of him and Hazard to be creative. It would help, don't be silly.

I think it would free him up immensely to do what he does best, which is to float around the pitch and help out with a little everything. Pressing, passing whatever, but hazard costa and a rw just as potent would provide a structure for him to be his best

Ozil cannot defend. He will never be able to defend because he's not quick enough. He also has very low work rate; some would say he's a bit lazy on the pitch.

Hazard is our Ozil (but quick and works harder) and Jose only allows one player to have somewhat of a free role on his squad and that role is taken by Hazard. There won't be another.

Once again Ozil was available. As was Mata (for free too!). And yet Jose sticks with Oscar because he doesn't want a 10 (already has one); he wants a number 8 - take a hint from the number on his back.

And in Madrid was Cristiano. All the others did defensive work a lot, specially against Barcelona. And even Ronaldo and Hazard have defensive work to do. Madrid at that time played with Di Maria, Ozil and ROnaldo obviously 2 of them had a lot of defensive work to do.

THe thing Oscar does is exactly the same Ozil did, the same Di Maria did in Real Madrid with Ancelotti, and many other players and still they can produce in attack. Mata has no place in in big european teams, he don't have quality enough and his work rate is realy bad. It has nothing to do with what Ozil was in Madrid.

Fabregas playing in the CM also has a lot of work to do defensively and produces a lot in attack.

Since when does Eden have a free role? Most of the time he is a linesman on the pitch; far too deep and wide, he also tracks back at every opportunity against every team.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/02/jose-mourino-eden-hazard-chelsea-sacrifice-himself

I understand your points, but my point remains: it's Jose's team.

He did not like a flamboyant defender and sold him. He did not like an assist machine and sold him.

Despite of what people on here say, Oscar remains his go to man.

@Rom2013, agree to disagree because for me Ozil cannot defend to save his life. His languid pace prevents any serious defending from happening.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/02/jose-mourino-eden-hazard-chelsea-sacrifice-himself

I understand your points, but my point remains: it's Jose's team.

He did not like a flamboyant defender and sold him. He did not like an assist machine and sold him.

Despite of what people on here say, Oscar remains his go to man.

That's Jose critizising him for not defending.. not that Eden has a free role from Jose.

Ozil can't defend to save his life. Sorry but I'll have to disagree. Di Maria worked his socks off, Ozil was criticised for his lazinees. Poor guy struggled to complete 90 minutes due to fitness issues. His role in the Real team was a #10. Oscar's isn't.

In Madrid Ozil never was lazy, and he had defensive responsabilitylike all the others had except Ronaldo that had a more freedom. Di Maria, Ozil, Khedira, Alonso, Benzema/Higuain everyone had to work for the team.

The difference is that Oscar can't do both. And that's a problem for a number 10.

In Madrid Ozil never was lazy, and he had defensive responsabilitylike all the others had except Ronaldo that had a more freedom. Di Maria, Ozil, Khedira, Alonso, Benzema/Higuain everyone had to work for the team.

The difference is that Oscar can't do both. And that's a problem for a number 10.

You just said that Oscar can't defend and that Chelsea uses a #10. :lol:

I'm sorry, I'll just go.

The difference is that Oscar can't do both.

Sure you didn't. :lol:

No, I didn't :lol: .

ANd yes Oscar is a number 10. That does almost nothing in attack.

Yes, and Chelsea does use a number 10 right? Clearly why we need Fabregas to rotate with him...

"Oscar, in this moment, is not a number 10," the Blues boss said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9524354/premier-league-mourinho-praises-oscars-evolution

Sure you didn't. :lol:

Yes, and Chelsea does use a number 10 right? Clearly why we need Fabregas to rotate with him...

"Oscar, in this moment, is not a number 10," the Blues boss said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9524354/premier-league-mourinho-praises-oscars-evolution

Obviouly can't do both at the "same time" (defending AND attacking).

On the paper he should be a number 10, he isn't because he can't. It's that simple. The same way he couldn't in the last 6 months of last season. And that's also why players like Hazard, Costa, Matic, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Courtois are the undisputed number 1 options and Oscar is one more player...

The number 10 position, the RW and the CB positions are the ones where we need to improve.

Obviouly can't do both at the "same time" (defending AND attacking).

On the paper he should be a number 10, he isn't because he can't. It's that simple. The same way he couldn't in the last 6 months of last season. And that's also why players like Hazard, Costa, Matic, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Courtois are the undisputed number 1 options and Oscar is one more player...

The number 10 position, the RW and the CB positions are the ones where we need to improve.

neither can Ozil. He has been lazy ever since he has moved to Arsenal. Even got subbed before half time when at Madrid. He is not a player built to do that. Di Maria is. Ozil can attack, he can't defend. Khedira's role was to only defend.

On paper he shouldn't be a number 10 because Chelsea doesn't facilitate the use of a number 10. Jose uses Oscar to pin opposition back, drop deep so that Fabregas can go forward, and holds the midfield line just before Matic has to come into play. If anything, Fabregas plays more like a #10 with less defensive duties. If he can't play as a #10, he wouldn't be playing quite well with Brazil.

Don't even know how you came to the conclusion of undisputed #1's and removed Oscar from it.

We don't need to improve in the #10 position because we negated the role of DLP and #10 using one stone, i.e. by playing Fabregas as a part of the midfield trivium. The only space left is to have a holding midfielder along with a more defensive minded one. Oscar and Matic fill it in. Watch how he and Nemanja go untouched.

Definitely shouldn't sell him, he is a very useful player whonhopefullybgriwsnmore consistant. Maybe his place is to be. Small team king, to score against the bottom half of the league or pull out spectacular free kicks every now and then. I mean, there's still a load of teams his skills are suited for in this league. But the big games, as has been under just since he came he really, he will end up being dropped. Not doubt if we buy another attacking after that could become a foregone conclusion