Oscar

themightyblue

absolute class goal today, why has it gone so under the radar?

As for the goal itself, it's kinda a trend in football that when players score from outside the box with a low shot, not a lot of attention is turned toward the goal when you compare the headlines when the balls goes higher up. We don't see often the headlines of "Oscar scores a screamer to give Chelsea a lead" but instead is like "Oscar with a nice goal to put Cheerless through". It's only a nice goal ...

Oscar did well on this game but I must say I got disappointed with his passing on a few occasions. I feel he lacks the cutting edge passing to succeed as a n10 for us and this has been on my mind for quite a while.

As for the goal itself, it's kinda a trend in football that when players score from outside the box with a low shot, not a lot of attention is turned toward the goal when you compare the headlines when the balls goes higher up. We don't see often the headlines of "Oscar scores a screamer to give Chelsea a lead" but instead is like "Oscar with a nice goal to put Cheerless through". It's only a nice goal ...

Oscar did well on this game but I must say I got disappointed with his passing on a few occasions. I feel he lacks the cutting edge passing to succeed as a n10 for us and this has been on my mind for quite a while.

That's what I was thinking too. The goal gets more attention when the ball goes in the air, but Oscar's goal couldn't have been placed any better, especially since he was 25 yards out

I take this being a break or make year for him in terms of his endurance in the winter. He's 23, there's no break or make at this age if people are reasonable which doesn't mean after 3 seasons here that fans, the board or himself can't conclude he can't cope with the winter days or the league's demands physically after a few months. Maybe he runs out of gas too soon.

His technical struggles are understandable, and also frustrating, but they aren't what's going to make him break or make it here.

At the same time one could expect him to be further in his development curve, he struggled to keep up with the league from winter on. Maybe he won't ever flourish here as he could for example in Spain or France. It affected his development and could jeopardize his career here, but then it's about the league, not his quality. It's similar to what I think about Mara although they struggle with different things in England.

I take this being a break or make year for him in terms of his endurance in the winter. He's 23, there's no break or make at this age if people are reasonable which doesn't mean after 3 seasons here that fans, the board or himself can't conclude he can't cope with the winter days or the league's demands physically after a few months. Maybe he runs out of gas too soon.

His technical struggles are understandable, and also frustrating, but they aren't what's going to make him break or make it here.

At the same time one could expect him to be further in his development curve, he struggled to keep up with the league from winter on. Maybe he won't ever flourish here as he could for example in Spain or France. It affected his development and could jeopardize his career here, but then it's about the league, not his quality. It's similar to what I think about Mara although they struggle with different things in England.

If not performing in the winter is a criteria for this being a make of break season for him then we might as well sell our entire squad because excluding last season, we rarely perform in the winter. Besides, the sample size is too small to draw such a conclusion. Two seasons ago under Benitez, he didn't seem to have many problems in the winter or 2nd half of the season or whatever.

The point is the impatience some of our fans show to some of our better players is not good enough. It would make sense if Oscar was a rubbish player, but he's a fantastic player so what's the problem? ffs.

If not performing in the winter is a criteria for this being a make of break season for him then we might as well sell our entire squad because excluding last season, we rarely perform in the winter. Besides, the sample size is too small to draw such a conclusion. Two seasons ago under Benitez, he didn't seem to have many problems in the winter or 2nd half of the season or whatever.

The point is the impatience some of our fans show to some of our better players is not good enough. It would make sense if Oscar was a rubbish player, but he's a fantastic player so what's the problem? ffs.

I mean to figure out the reason why. Maybe it is because he can't cope, maybe it's because he's been burned, or last season especially was thinking about something else. Some players just don't develop as well under some circumstances compared to others. I think we could observe and come to conclusions, after all, he's been here for three seasons now. It has nothing to do with how good he is, but how much he fits. José touched this subject about him last season... he talked about his struggles. Maybe it's only a question of getting used to it, like Ramires, who also took two seasons to completely adapt, or maybe it's a question of him not performing under such circumstances. It happens sometimes.