Oscar

themightyblue

I did that and that's because Ramsay is an attacking midfielder who has a similar profile to Oscar but is actually producing the goods on the pitch consistently.

But I'm sure when Wales hosts the World Cup he'll take a 5 month siesta too.

I didn't mean any personal attacks, TOPTB, I just mentioned all the discussions where Oscar's name was thrown yesterday that I could remember of. You weren't the only one tot compare him to Ramsey either.

I didn't mean any personal attacks, TOPTB, I just mentioned all the discussions where Oscar's name was thrown yesterday that I could remember of. You weren't the only one tot compare him to Ramsey either.

I do agree that Oscar's getting a lot of attention but people are a little anxious about what to expect from him. He's a young player and he deserves patience but I think really just want him to step up and be consistent.

Fingers crossed he actually does start doing this.

One thing to remember with the comparison to Ramsay is that Arsenal supporters expressed very similar concerns with him and he answered all his critics. Oscar has it in him to do the same.

I compared him to Ramsey, but that comparison was more to do with Ramsey stepping up as a player and becoming influential in the face of high criticism from fans and some pundits

If Oscar can become more consistent and refine some elements of his game (as he matures both physically and mentally), it's safe to say every Chelsea supporter would be delighted!

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/juan-mata-2014-2015-performances.394002/page-2

its like the oscar page on this site.

Like I said before, two years ago was Mata's statistical peak on a top team. Mata is good, but not world class as some knuckleheads think and was never better than David Silva.

I believe the Juan Mata of the 2012/2013 season was better than David Silva, but yes you are right that overall, David is a more complete number 10 than Juan.

I compared him to Ramsey, but that comparison was more to do with Ramsey stepping up as a player and becoming influential in the face of high criticism from fans and some pundits

If Oscar can become more consistent and refine some elements of his game (as he matures both physically and mentally), it's safe to say every Chelsea supporter would be delighted!

consistency isn;t even his problem anymore, he just needs to have a good game so we can remember what it's like.

He didn't impress - but he's far from being the worst player in the world :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He played a role he did many times in the past, but there's more to him than what he's been showing.

I think just like Hazard benefited from Cesc's presence Oscar will too, not only he complements and balances Cesc out, but he can feel he can be more daring and bold and try a few things as if he fails others will offer an answer. He doesn't to have the weight of being the only one to create, I hope he improves because he can be much better than he's been lately.

He didn't impress - but he's far from being the worst player in the world :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He played a role he did many times in the past, but there's more to him than what he's been showing.

I think just like Hazard benefited from Cesc's presence Oscar will too, not only he complements and balances Cesc out, but he can feel he can be more daring and bold and try a few things as if he fails others will offer an answer. He doesn't to have the weight of being the only one to create, I hope he improves because he can be much better than he's been lately.

I didn't think he was too bad today. Good defensive work, but he gave the ball away too much. Not terrible.

I didn't think he was too bad today. Good defensive work, but he gave the ball away too much. Not terrible.

he definitely needs to improve. In matches like today when he didn't impact negatively and propped Cesc as he offered cover we won't complain much, but there will be matches we'll need him to do more than he's been doing. He needs to improve. He can improve. If he was one of those guys that weren't much better than this, we could maybe accept and move on, but he can and had showed much better than this. He needs to find the way back to his good football. Even offering balance and making our midfield solid, he has to offer more in the attack and his passing went MIA. It's a shame he's been like this.