Oscar

themightyblue

it is so obvious.

We should read your posts on how Chelsea is on a different level apparently and lost 1-3 though.

Yes.. lets read them. It will be a short reading though since I don't remember writing anything on how "Chelsea is on a different level".

I maintain my opinion that Chelsea is better than PSG, even though we lost. Every team loses sometimes.

He needs to be more adventurous in the final third, usually opts for the easy pass like he doesn't believe in his ability.

Oscar made a statement last season that when he came to England, he adapted to the way they play and instead of going for homerun passes, he goes for easy ones and keeps the ball moving.

He needs to be more adventurous in the final third, usually opts for the easy pass like he doesn't believe in his ability.

The problem with your post is you are assuming or believe he has the ability nor vision to pull off adventurous and creative passes in the final third. in my opinion, he doesn't.

Really dont see how that has to do with anything..

So because Oscar is 22 and will probably improve a lot in the future, we can't say that THIS SEASON he was mediocre?

And what does Torres has to do with this? he's obviously not an example of a striker at his peak..

Lukaku, Courtois and Hazard have done extremely well so again, I dont really see your point.

Lukaka a striker went a lot of games without scoring early this year, courtois has made his mistakes some stupid, hazard was in less form compared to oscar in the first three months and has not been at his level or consistent in the last 3 to 4 recent games. All these are inconsistencies of developing players. I have no fault with oscar because I've seen the minimal level he can achieve which i am satisfied with the inconsistency unlike many i see as a result of development and not lack of drive which may be said of players having mediocre seasons.

You can't isolate his case because it is typical of most young players. If oscar was in a less tougher league his development would naturally be faster and having a striker like torres who doesn't create space for himself against teams that defend deep can make any player look bad even the spanish midfield doesn't create enough for torres.

The problem with your post is you are assuming or believe he has the ability to pull off adventurous and creative passes in the final third. in my opinion, he doesn't.

I know that's your main problem with Oscar.

The jury is still out on that one in my opinion - but he has shown flashes for us and particularly has for Brazil - one of the main reasons Neymar has bagged so much for his NT is due to Oscar's assists and creativity. I want him to translate that to is for CFC, but I feel the system we've implemented sort of restricts him, and also someone like Willian. KDB and Mata were also restricted.

The jury is still out on that one in my opinion - but he has shown flashes for us and particularly has for Brazil - one of the main reasons Neymar has bagged so much for his NT is due to Oscar's assists and creativity. I want him to translate that to is for CFC, but I feel the system we've implemented sort of restricts him, and also someone like Willian. KDB and Mata were also restricted.

Luiz also best CB in the world form for Brazil too you know? And Mikel also play great for Nigeria often when he is in the team. Kevin was also best Belgium player probably in the WC qualifier.

Luiz also best CB in the world form for Brazil too you know? And Mikel also play great for Nigeria often when he is in the team. Kevin was also best Belgium player probably in the WC qualifier.

Luiz, Mikel, KDB and Oscar aren't bad players IMO though.

Luiz and KDB especially replicated their NT form for their clubs respectively last season, so I'm not sure what you're trying to point out.

fair point but brazil is Brazil and Chelsea are chelsea. he is yet to replicate his NT form in the blues uniform and I can only judge him based on what he does for Chelsea not brazil. otherwise Luiz would be a great defender and Mikel would be Pirlo's successor.

Luiz, Mikel, KDB and Oscar aren't bad players IMO though.

Luiz and KDB especially replicated their NT form for their clubs respectively last season, so I'm not sure what you're trying to point out.

Never said they were, in fact they are really good players(apart from Mikel). Just that what you hope for them to produce here as in national team can't just happen for different reasons such as system, team mates, mentality, game approach...etc and so on. In fact most of the time for international it is basically friendlies so opponents aren't even trying as hard as the teams that actually compete at club level. For example on paper if Brazil beat South Korea 6-0 and Oscar scored a hat trick, it would have been great for us to hear but if we actually watched the match it was probably nothing more than a training session for Brazil. They haven't really been tested in real tournaments like WC or Euro yet to judge. Even the Confederation has been a bit of so so for me, even then I notice Oscar wasn't really the star for them, Fred and Neymar and Luiz were.

Luiz actually didn't, you should have seen the criticism he is getting today(out of position, defensive problems...etc) have been pointed out last year too. He actually hasn't got any better, maybe even stagnated as you admitted. Remember we didn't even make it past group stage and finish like what 15 points behind MU. End up winning Europa after beating Basel, Benfica, Rubin. If that is their real level then I am worried for us as a club.

Never said they were, in fact they are really good players(apart from Mikel). Just that what you hope for them to produce here as in national team can't just happen for different reasons such as system, team mates, mentality, game approach...etc and so on. In fact most of the time for international it is basically friendlies so opponents aren't even trying as hard as the teams that actually compete at club level. For example on paper if Brazil beat South Korea 6-0 and Oscar scored a hat trick, it would have been great for us to hear but if we actually watched the match it was probably nothing more than a training session for Brazil. They haven't really been tested in real tournaments like WC or Euro yet to judge. Even the Confederation has been a bit of so so for me, even then I notice Oscar wasn't really the star for them, Fred and Neymar and Luiz were.

Luiz actually didn't, you should have seen the criticism he is getting today(out of position, defensive problems...etc) have been pointed out last year too. He actually hasn't got any better, maybe even stagnated as you admitted. Remember we didn't even make it past group stage and finish like what 15 points behind MU. End up winning Europa after beating Basel, Benfica, Rubin. If that is their real level then I am worried for us as a club.

I understand what you're saying in that it's a different mentality and system and stuff but my point in that post was that he has shown flashes of his ability to consistently unlock defences for Brazil, it's a fundamental thing. You can either do it or you can't - I think our system at CFC only allows for one creative player in the team to do their thing (Hazard) and subsequently, players like Mata, KDB, Oscar and Willian have suffered.

About Luiz - he had plenty of good PL + FA Cup games at CB last season, and was by far our best CB last season as well IMO. His main problem was his positioning but he was well on his way to solve that.

Even Benitez calls him a world class CB if managed properly, and Benitez was training him day in day out. Towards the end of last season he was definitely approaching that world class bracket as a CB and I thought this would be his breakout year to establish himself as a top CB, especially after his showings at the CC, but he's obviously regressed, which is a shame. Him not playing regularly in his natural position also affected him a lot this season - he's not as comfortable as he was at the back last season.

You're right in saying that it is a worry though but at the same time there are a lot of other variables that affected their performances this year. Personally I hope both Oscar and Luiz get a chance to redeem themselves next year (especially the latter in his natural position) because when they are in top form they are both fine players.

Iagree. Its probably becuase in Brazil he has a much more free role, actually being allowed to play as a natural no. 10. While at Chelsea because of Jose's obsession for defensive duties and demand that everyone tracks back may be the reason why Oscar does not create enough since he is not been given the freedom to balance his attention on the ball and what is happening around him.

Iagree. Its probably becuase in Brazil he has a much more free role, actually being allowed to play as a natural no. 10. While at Chelsea because of Jose's obsession for defensive duties and demand that everyone tracks back may be the reason why Oscar does not create enough since he is not been given the freedom to balance his attention on the ball and what is happening around him.

he was like this before Jose. The game just seems too fast for him