Oscar

themightyblue

Have not said much cos there is not much to say but tge way people are defending oscar is just irritating. We have GC, IVA, AZPI, HAZARD, WILLIAN. ATLEAST these 5 pkayers who have been used more than oscar for 2 whole months now. His drop in FORM ( not to be in anyway confused with CLASS) is simply that, drop in forn. He had 10 whole days of rest after the wba game. He played 20 minutes of pro football in those 10 days and to say that he was poor, no wait, down right pathetic against everton due to lack of rest is simoly silly and for a lot of users (considering what I have read in other players' thread) a HYPOCRITE

Oscar has been average at best for sometime now and he has got more rest than a lot of our other players. He will get back to his best and I feel thwre is only one way to go from here and that is better as this evertin performabce was rock botton.

So, I'm not the only one who wasn't fully convinced by Oscar. Apparently Mata wasn't Jose's AM, because of the new system and whatever, but judging from his 1,70 seasons with us Oscar might not be the one as well. He was arguably the weakest link from our attacking trio last year, while he had his moments of brilliance early in the season, he was completely overshadowed by Mata and Hazard later on. You might say he was played on the wings back then, because his spot was fully occupied by Juan, but this year the CAM spot is all his and we still notice a similar trend. In the first couple of months he played well, but recently he doesn't look very good and is about to be benched even though he's the only natural CAM left in the team. Of course he's young, he might even go on to prove me in the next couple of weeks and that outlook can change in a flash. Hopefully he'll do that.

Yes. Jose statted an injured plauer against everton after a week's rest, while havibg schurrle and a cup tied salah on the bench. Also jose must definitely have known the impact of this fixture on the title race and the impact of dropping points.

That can mean only one thing - Josr has lost his marbles.

Blah excuses........

Wasnt he injured against Everton? I wonder how long it will be before the "We should have kept Mata" brigade gets here.

did you miss last page? It already started, along with KDB should have stayed.

According to the experts here you play a crazy amount of matches for 2 years in a row with reduced vacation, playing more than any other player in the world and you aren't entitled to have some fatigue. Robert Downey Jr should watch out for his Iron Man role...

The best part is that no one is exempting him from being poor. Does it really matter if the guy is poor because he's injured, tired, or just having a dig in form? Doesn't the main fact remain? He's been poor more often than usual in 2014 and no one here is denying it. Some of us are just reasoning what may have caused it, what could help and the fact that he hasn't been the only one to alternate good and bad matches... It's too much logic for the usual bandwagoners... I'm positive he'll miss some matches - just like he's missed the FA Cup. Hopefully the rest of the amazing and over-performing players we have will do a better job without the poor performing detractor. If we lose the EPL title it's because of Oscar. You've heard it here first. #sarcasm

Yes. Jose statted an injured plauer against everton after a week's rest, while havibg schurrle and a cup tied salah on the bench. Also jose must definitely have known the impact of this fixture on the title race and the impact of dropping points.

That can mean only one thing - Josr has lost his marbles.

Blah excuses........

maybe you should read this from the official website... José himself admitted the mistake of trusting the player's assessment. José talked about Oscar's bad fitness before and after the match. Is he a future teller now too? Could he predict Oscar would have a terrible match because of physical issues or was he just honest Friday and then again Saturday when he admitted Oscar was in bad physical form before and during the match?

'Today he was saying he could cope with the pain, it's not a dangerous one, just a painful one. He said he could cope with the situation, clearly he couldn't.

'We have three days so let's see. With Mikel and David Luiz, I don't know if they can recover. It's important we have at least one of them because we don't have Matic for the Champions League.

'Ramires had a similar situation to Oscar, I tried to protect him and not play him but the game demanded I play him. Clearly, though, he could cope with the situation.'

did you miss last page? It already started, along with KDB should have stayed.

According to the experts here you play a crazy amount of matches for 2 years in a row with reduced vacation, playing more than any other player in the world and you aren't entitled to have some fatigue. Robert Downey Jr should watch out for his Iron Man role...

The best part is that no one is exempting him from being poor. Does it really matter if the guy is poor because he's injured, tired, or just having a dig in form? Doesn't the main fact remains? He's been poor more often than usual in 2014 and no one here is denying it. Some of us are just reasoning what may have caused it, what could help and the fact that he hasn't been the only one to alternate good and bad matches... It's too much logic for the usual bandwagoners... I'm positive he'll miss some matches - just like he's missed the FA Cup. Hopefully the rest of the amazing and over-performing players we have will do a better job without the poor performing detractor. If we lose the EPL title it's because of Oscar. You've heard it here first.

I agree fully with you, but I still think either of them (specifically KDB) could've stayed to help rotate with Oscar because I knew he'd burn out very soon, and because now we have Matic, we don't require our number 10 to do as much work defensively, so a guy like KDB could've perhaps been a good rotational player in place of Oscar but it doesn't really matter since we have Hazard and Willian who can also play there. I prefer seeing Hazard at number 10 though being flanked by Schurrle and Willian (and dynamically swapping with Willian).

Is there ever going to be an expiration on the fatigue caused by the natch played by oscar on say 1st jan 2012 or our people going to use this same excuse even next year saying that oscar has played a shit load of natches for the past 3 ( changed from 1 in the last season to 2 thise season).

But its fun to read this. One player (for eg - oscar ) has a dip in form and its barely due to fatigue, whilr another player who has the dip in form at exactly the same point is ridiculed ( for eg rambo, just using him as an example) shamelessly.

Well atleast somr people show support to an out of form player rather than ridiculing him.

As for osxar, he needs to get back to form. 11 PL ganes and 4 CL ganes ( hope I am wrong and there are more of them to play) to go. Essebtial that we have him at his best for those ganes.

I agree fully with you, but I still think either of them (specifically KDB) could've stayed to help rotate with Oscar because I knew he'd burn out very soon, and because now we have Matic, we don't require our number 10 to do as much work defensively, so a guy like KDB could've perhaps been a good rotational player in place of Oscar but it doesn't really matter since we have Hazard and Willian who can also play there. I prefer seeing Hazard at number 10 though being flanked by Schurrle and Willian (and dynamically swapping with Willian).

I think we don't know at all what's the matter with Schurrle tbh. Why can't Willian or Hazard play #10 and Schurrle play a couple of matches in the wing. Or maybe even Ramires (I hate it, but hey, Mourinho loves it). With their form here, struggle to fit the system and whatever motivational issue Mata and Kevin had, I really wonder if Schurrle's been so bad in training sessions so he wouldn't be picked ahead of two guys that had a lot of issues the season. Poor as piss as Oscar was he was still better than Kev imo and Mata contributed really little while Schurrle had a few good moments for us. That puzzles me.

If we didn't have a healthy Schurrle I'd agree with you. But when you think you have Schurrle, Ramires and Lampard to play among the AMs, we don't need two more options, we can rest Oscar, have one of those playing and two of them in the bench (in addition to Salah, although that's not really a viable option) even if those guys aren't what I'd call first class options for the position (giving how bad they were playing for us, neither were Kev and Mata). I don't understand some of Mourinho's decisions, but I trust him and I hope that's not a mistake (the schurrle situation) because although I trust him 100% it doesn't mean the guy can't make a mistake now and then.

Is there ever going to be an expiration on the fatigue caused by the natch played by oscar on say 1st jan 2012 or our people going to use this same excuse even next year saying that oscar has played a shit load of natches for the past 3 ( changed from 1 in the last season to 2 thise season).

But its fun to read this. One player (for eg - oscar ) has a dip in form and its barely due to fatigue, whilr another player who has the dip in form at exactly the same point is ridiculed ( for eg rambo, just using him as an example) shamelessly.

Well atleast somr people show support to an out of form player rather than ridiculing him.

As for osxar, he needs to get back to form. 11 PL ganes and 4 CL ganes ( hope I am wrong and there are more of them to play) to go. Essebtial that we have him at his best for those ganes.

dude, but that's my point. When I say he's fatigued I don't mean it to be an excuse for his poor form and therefore why he should be excused of it. I mean that he needs to rest, period. Two months ago I was screaming at the top of my lungs Ramires needed a rest. His bad matches are also influenced by fatigue, but also by his technical limitation. A fresh Ramires is a hit/miss finishing (more missing than hitting), a terrible passer, a guy with very limited vision. Those are his weaknesses and Oscar has his as well and both are worsened by fatigue. But Ramires hasn't played as nearly as much as Oscar had. Among the 1092039435 matches Oscar played he's also adapting from one of the less physical leagues in the world to the most physical one. That only make matters worse. I'm saying we should rest him so we recover him - or at least try to recover him. I'm not saying he's tired and still too young as a way to say it's okay for him to have digs of form. It affects us, but if he was our only problem, we'd easily remedy that. The fact remains Hazard is making up for the lack of creativity, but nobody is making up for our lack of strikers. That's why we don't win games more easily or why we fail to win matches we were supposed to. But I'm not saying he isn't poor and that fatigue and age should exempt him. I'm just digging the problem, but it is a problem nonetheless.

Whats funny is that Oscar and Ramires are both Chelsea players. We have seen what either can do on their day, so how about we stop bitching because one or two of them have had bad games. Lets stop comparing everyone and instead be happy that Chelsea FC is number 1 in England.

Whats funny is that Oscar and Ramires are both Chelsea players. We have seen what either can do on their day, so how about we stop bitching because one or two of them have had bad games. Lets stop comparing everyone and instead be happy that Chelsea FC is number 1 in England.

Bitching??? COMPARING??? U seriously need to read better mate. Infact since the post is not directed at yiu ( and I am pretty aure the person who it was direxted at would have got the hint), just let it be.

Bitching??? COMPARING??? U seriously need to read better mate. Infact since the post is not directed at yiu ( and I am pretty aure the person who it was direxted at would have got the hint), just let it be.

I quoted your post but it wasnt directed just at you. We spend more time on this forum criticising our players & manager than showing some support.

I quoted your post but it wasnt directed just at you. We spend more time on this forum criticising our players & manager than showing some support.

Oh dear mother of god!!!!!!!!!!

That was how I ended my post which u quoted. There was no blame game in the post, thwre was no BITCHING, and I can definitely say I never COMPARED oscar and rambo in any way. Infact I explicitly said that

People shoukd support out of form players.

Please read my poat which u quoted agaib.

Haha this forum sometimes make me laugh.

It's either "he's not our guy" or "he's our player of the season".

Oscar played semi-injured and basically had a bad day, and now I see some people claiming he isnt our guy, like Mata. What some people obviousley cannot realize is that there is no player who can constantly offer a world-class performance. You sometimes hit a low, and its understandable.

What I do like about our team nowadays though is that we do have versitility. We dont have to rely too much on one guy (maybe Hazard?). I also see some people worrying about rotation, but calm down. We've had some additions to the team and everything cannot happen over night.

We're top of the league and competing in CL. Add that to the fact that we do not have the striker we need, I am damn proud over this team and their performance. That includes Oscar. We all know what he is capable of doing. He's also still young.

dude, but that's my point. When I say he's fatigued I don't mean it to be an excuse for his poor form and therefore why he should be excused of it. I mean that he needs to rest, period. Two months ago I was screaming at the top of my lungs Ramires needed a rest. His bad matches are also influenced by fatigue, but also by his technical limitation. A fresh Ramires is a hit/miss finishing (more missing than hitting), a terrible passer, a guy with very limited vision. Those are his weaknesses and Oscar has his as well and both are worsened by fatigue. But Ramires hasn't played as nearly as much as Oscar had. Among the 1092039435 matches Oscar played he's also adapting from one of the less physical leagues in the world to the most physical one. That only make matters worse. I'm saying we should rest him so we recover him - or at least try to recover him. I'm not saying he's tired and still too young as a way to say it's okay for him to have digs of form. It affects us, but if he was our only problem, we'd easily remedy that. The fact remains Hazard is making up for the lack of creativity, but nobody is making up for our lack of strikers. That's why we don't win games more easily or why we fail to win matches we were supposed to. But I'm not saying he isn't poor and that fatigue and age should exempt him. I'm just digging the problem, but it is a problem nonetheless.

Very true. Ramires is a useless footballer with very limited technical abiluty. Oh wait!!!!! Dint he produce probavly the goal of CL 2011-12 against barca in camp now among the ither 10999766393636 awesomd things he has done for us!!!!

I simply think that the fatigue excuse is a poor one. The best JUDGE of the players' ability is a manager who has won CL with pirto and inter and various domestix leaguea and cups. According to him oscar is "fit" eniugh to be our no.10 to such an extent that he sold 2 of the most obvious replacmebts of oscar. I tend to side with mou on this abd infact believe he is absolutely right.

As I saif before oscar has BARELY had a dip in form. It will happen. Like u said, he is young, still finding his feet in the gane and he will have a lot to learn and grow a lot more as a player. He has a long way to go. But simoly can't underatabd this "rest" thing. How do we rest oscar? What amount of time will be apt? On one hand u want oscar to be rested in a team fighting for PL and on the other habd u just made a sarcastic remark abiut people who wanted either of kev/ mata to stay??? Simply cabt get it!!!!

The truth of the mattet is oscar is chelsea's no.1 no. 10 and even brazil's no.1 no. 10. He is NOT going to get a rest or an extended vacation. After the season, he will go to the training camps with his NT, playvthe WC, get a week' s rest and then play our pre- season before anitger season. I am pretty sure that this lad along qith the other numerous professional footballers who go thru the sane ordeal year after year are pretty much ready for it

Very true. Ramires is a useless footballer with very limited technical abiluty. Oh wait!!!!! Dint he produce probavly the goal of CL 2011-12 against barca in camp now among the ither 10999766393636 awesomd things he has done for us!!!!

I simply think that the fatigue excuse is a poor one. The best JUDGE of the players' ability is a manager who has won CL with pirto and inter and various domestix leaguea and cups. According to him oscar is "fit" eniugh to be our no.10 to such an extent that he sold 2 of the most obvious replacmebts of oscar. I tend to side with mou on this abd infact believe he is absolutely right.

As I saif before oscar has BARELY had a dip in form. It will happen. Like u said, he is young, still finding his feet in the gane and he will have a lot to learn and grow a lot more as a player. He has a long way to go. But simoly can't underatabd this "rest" thing. How do we rest oscar? What amount of time will be apt? On one hand u want oscar to be rested in a team fighting for PL and on the other habd u just made a sarcastic remark abiut people who wanted either of kev/ mata to stay??? Simply cabt get it!!!!

The truth of the mattet is oscar is chelsea's no.1 no. 10 and even brazil's no.1 no. 10. He is NOT going to get a rest or an extended vacation. After the season, he will go to the training camps with his NT, playvthe WC, get a week' s rest and then play our pre- season before anitger season. I am pretty sure that this lad along qith the other numerous professional footballers who go thru the sane ordeal year after year are pretty much ready for it

Now, why does things have to be so polarized? Just because we acknowledge a player's limitations or weaknesses it doesn't mean we're ignoring his qualities and strengths. Don't we talk all the time about how Oscar isn't as creative as we'd like for a #10? Or as fast and strong as we would think useful, etc? While acknowledging that, we still acknowledge the things he does do well. We're currently talking about digs of form, so I was focusing on that. Ramires in the pivot has his problems, but also a lot of good things. As a RW though - as he's been used way more often than I'd like - those things I've said are exposed further. Still with all his problems in the RW Ramires played WAY better than Oscar did last match, so while he has problems it's not like he's a donkey in the wing. We could start Schurrle and use Rami as a sub (or moving him from the pivot the wing if he's already in the pitch) and spare Oscar a couple of matches.

I'm not saying Ramires is useless, but I do believe we should get an upgrade once our stakes also rise. Improving a team is always a nice objective and I wasn't saying the other days Ramires is useless (as this is about my view on Ramires, not necessarily my view on Oscar).

I think Oscar should miss 2-3 matches without taking any part at all. Do you think he made a positive difference against Everton? If he's going to play that bad, then we better rest him. We have players to replace him.

I further explained my point with Mata and Kevin in my answer to The Skipper. We have depth and neither Kev or Mata left while playing outstanding football for us - despite their very amazing potential - so why can't we use those players and rest Oscar? Mourinho found ways to rest Ramires - less than he's wanted I suppose, so he can find a way to rest Oscar too. But even he Mourinho decides to drop Oscar for bad form and not just to rest him, we should have enough replacements without saying we should have kept two players that didn't adapt to the system at all. That was the main problem for both Kev and Mata. They had struggled (Mata even physically at the beginning of the season) mainly because the system doesn't suit their style. Kev also had to adapt to the league. So if they were struggling a lot with the system, how could they be useful now? I mean in an objective way, not hypothetically. If they're just numbers, then we can use Schurrle, Rami, Lamps and even Salah.

I honestly don't understand what the problem with André is, but as I said I trust Mourinho on that and in all other matters, but we have replacements for the #10 (Willian or Hazard and even Lamps) and enough depth to replace them in the wings (Schurrle, Ramires himself, Salah) and regardless of Oscar's situation, we should be giving Schurrle play time to prepare him for next season.