Oscar

themightyblue

shaqlol_medium.gif

I look forward to the day when you finally gain the ability to respond to people's posts with valid points to justify your opinion rather than just posting GIFs to try and mock them.

I won't be holding my breath though...

Yes...??

I can understand people questioning certain aspects of Oscar's game where it is clear that there are deficiencies, but I wouldn't expect anyone to question the kid's natural ability. You only have to watch the way he can make a ball talk to see that he has some very special talent. Granted, he is not putting that talent to full use at the moment, but I can't quite understand how one cannot acknowledge the immense natural ability that Oscar has at his disposal.

As for his vision, I think some of the balls he's played this season (some in particular that have set up goals) answer any queries in that department.

This is just so utterly wrong that you can't really blame lionsden for responding with a gif.

I look forward to the day when you finally gain the ability to respond to people's posts with valid points to justify your opinion rather than just posting GIFs to try and mock them.

I won't be holding my breath though...

Ability, you say?

Ht5qULv.jpg

Oscar is anything but skillful and flambouyant.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I think our definition of skillful is slightly different here - I gather that you're talking more about his skills in general play and on the ball (particularly when under pressure), which I completely agree are well below par. However, I was simply agreeing with the statement in the article that I quoted which said that Oscar had a great deal of natural ability going forward (i.e. shots, assists, fancy backheels/flicks etc.) as it was implied in the article that these are the types of skills that were being referred to. As the article says and as I have already said previously in this thread, being able to turn these skills into consistent showings is his big issue.

And to top it off you presented that view as though his "dazzling skills" are so obvious and a major aspect of his game that it will be difficult to deny for anyone that's ever seen him play which couldn't be further from the truth.
That wasn't my intention, I was merely referring to how eye-catching these displays of skill can be from Oscar on the occasions when he does showcase them, and that I would therefore expect people to acknowledge them, but obviously I was wrong.

Thanks for your response.

I'm surprised nobody annoyed that Oscar getting a called up for Brazil.

Why ?

Oscar has already 50 caps for Brazil. That's astonishing for 23 years old, no matter what nationality, but to play that for the nation which produced the most flair players in the history, you would think that this guy Oscar, to play 50 times for that nation in an offensive position as 23 years old, he has to be some special player, a pure quality who oozes with flair and excitement.

Why ?

Oscar has already 50 caps for Brazil. That's astonishing for 23 years old, no matter what nationality, but to play that for the nation which produced the most flair players in the history, you would think that this guy Oscar, to play 50 times for that nation in an offensive position as 23 years old, he has to be some special player, a pure quality who oozes with flair and excitement.

Tell me a Brazilian AMF that's performed well the last 2-3 years?

He's in the team as the current crop of Brazilian players aren't that special. Neymar and Silva are the only two WC players IMO.

He's in the team as the current crop of Brazilian players aren't that special. Neymar and Silva are the only two WC players IMO.

Firmino, Coutinho, and Lucas Moura.

Everything always black and white on this forum. If you are not skilled as Messi, Hazard, Neymar, etc then you are not skilled.

Cant believe it, is it funny for someone to suggest Oscar is talented with ability and skill?

WTF is he doing starting on a regular basis for Brazil and Chelsea? Not sure if trolling or just plain stupid.

Firmino, Coutinho, and Lucas Moura.

Everything always black and white on this forum. If you are not skilled as Messi, Hazard, Neymar, etc then you are not skilled.

Cant believe it, is it funny for someone to suggest Oscar is talented with ability and skill?

WTF is he doing starting on a regular basis for Brazil and Chelsea? Not sure if trolling or just plain stupid.

Lucas Moura is a winger, Coutinho has just started to perform this season (possibly the reason behind him getting called up), and Firmino isn't performing to the same standards as last season (22 in 37 last season compared to 9 in 28 this campaign). If you read what I said properly, you would see I clearly stated players performing at the same level for 2-3 years, but none of the players who mentioned have been.

Finally, neither. Oscar's ability isn't in question, but his consistency is. Less of this trolling nonsense, as what I'm saying is right. Would Oscar get anywhere near the 2002/2006 squad?

I rest my case!

Edit.

I misread your post.I actually kind of agree with you