Oscar

themightyblue

I dont feel he has the quality to be a long term 10. Gets lost in games, lacks that decisive vision and final pass. Also gave the ball away far too easily today. Can be brilliant but very inconsistent.

I said days before the match - just after the match against Liverpool ended actually, that he should be dropped from the team today because playing 210 minutes within four days would harm his presentation because he just can't cope with this amount of football especially in the second half of the season.

I was expecting him to be really bad and he was exactly that.

BUT I don't think it's that much fair to judge him on his quality, ability, etc... given the circumstances. He already showed that he has inconsistency issues that he needs to work on and other limitations to his game, but Mourinho only played him today because he literally had no other option... Mourinho played him twice in the cups games planning on have Ramires and Cesc for this game and bench Oscar. He wasn't counting with Cesc's injury and as a result Oscar was battered and except for the last ten minutes, it looked like we played with ten because he did absolutely nothing.

Like Matic said (according to some, I didn't see post match interviews) players aren't robots, they get tired, even more players such as Oscar who aren't physically on par with the demands of the league. He struggles when he plays too many minutes in such a short streak of time. I said it before the match and I'm not surprised at all with his terrible performance.

Here we are again discussing how badly he played. He will be the one on the bench at the end of the season with Hazard, Cuadrado and Willian playing. No doubt about it. He plays almost everytime like this... but at the end he can do a good shot, a good pass and everyone forgets about the inmense amount of things that he does wrong.

He is the problem of this team. Every other player can perform regularly, can do what they are supposed to do. Oscar can't, he is a number 10 that creates nothing, can't play in counter attack, at the middle of the season he doesn't defend well ...

I can't remember the last big game he was outstanding. He should be careful not to find himself on the bench.

Hazard willian cuadrado is still a formidable attacking trio so he better step up in the big games or he won't play any one in the future

I said days before the match - just after the match against Liverpool ended actually, that he should be dropped from the team today because playing 210 minutes within four days would harm his presentation because he just can't cope with this amount of football especially in the second half of the season.

I was expecting him to be really bad and he was exactly that.

BUT I don't think it's that much fair to judge him on his quality, ability, etc... given the circumstances. He already showed that he has inconsistency issues that he needs to work on and other limitations to his game, but Mourinho only played him today because he literally had no other option... Mourinho played him twice in the cups games planning on have Ramires and Cesc for this game and bench Oscar. He wasn't counting with Cesc's injury and as a result Oscar was battered and except for the last ten minutes, it looked like we played with ten because he did absolutely nothing.

Like Matic said (according to some, I didn't see post match interviews) players aren't robots, they get tired, even more players such as Oscar who aren't physically on par with the demands of the league. He struggles when he plays too many minutes in such a short streak of time. I said it before the match and I'm not surprised at all with his terrible performance.

I think that his 'problems' have been there for the majority of the season regardless of this specific game.

I dont want to sell him, I kinda like him. But we should definately be going out looking for a good playmaker this summer because we cant rely on Oscar.

Oscar is clearly not fit to play against better sides, especially after playing 120 minutes earlier this week. He looked knackered and generally useless. He should be afraid for his place in the XI. If Willian plays as well as he played today and Cuadrado impresses(and I think he will), Oscar might be the one who is dropped. I like the lad, but it's very likely.

I think he finds it hard to play in big games because he's terrible at keeping the ball under pressure. He'll give a clumsy pass everytime in that situation.

At least willian, hazard and cuadrado would dribble out of tight situations but oscar can't. So big teams that don't give space hurts him

I think that his 'problems' have been there for the majority of the season regardless of this specific game.

I dont want to sell him, I kinda like him. But we should definately be going out looking for a good playmaker this summer because we cant rely on Oscar.

This has been clear for two years now. Beyond Oscar's initial honeymoon period the situation has become harder and harder to avoid. He's a terrific lad but he isn't good enough to be Chelsea's number ten. I've said before though that this fact is not the problem we have. Our problem is that, despite his not being of the required level, Oscar remains the best number ten we have. This simply must be fixed as soon as possible.

We can dance around this issue, say optimistic things in defence of Oscar, reel out comforting statistics and bury our heads in the sand, but none of this is going to hide the truth. Not even from those who prefer to stay hopeful about the lad's future. We will eventually find a good ten and he will blaze a light on Oscar's shortcomings in the same way that Matic has done to Mikel.

He had a bad game no doubt. But why is the openion of Willian is higher then Oscar on this forum?

Any rationale fan would conclude that Oscar has had a much better season, and it is not even close. While Oscar was a passenger tonight, Willian has been a passanger all season.

He had a bad game no doubt. But why is the openion of Willian is higher then Oscar on this forum?

Any rationale fan would conclude that Oscar has had a much better season, and it is not even close. While Oscar was a passenger tonight, Willian has been a passanger all season.

I think a rational fan would have been calling for them both to be replaced, and would have been doing it for a long time.