Oscar

themightyblue

Excellent defensive performance; he worked incredibly hard and provided a platform for the big three (Hazard/Fabregas/Costa) to make the difference.

Didn't really do anything constructive with the ball if I recall correctly, however, so doesn't really warrant a MOTM in my honest opinion. Willian and Ramires would have probably worked just as hard and perhaps offered more going forward.

I think you got it wrong comparing oscar to willian or ramires. Hazard was our best player offensively, fabregas was best in midfield, Oscar was tactically our best player covering positions that needed to be covered especially on the right for schurrle who is weak defensively but also making super INTELLIGENT blocks (willian and ramires come short here). He did not go forward much because schurrle was expected to make those runs while he covers for him the proof of the tactics lies in the fact that oscar doesn't defend so much for us normally as he did in this game he ordinarilly presses high up front for us. If we played more defensively sound players like ramires or willian instead of schurrle oscar would have been more central and up the pitch as an attacking CAM.

Scored a cracker vs bolton, created many chances vs sportin, closes down and presses Arsenal to the irritation of wenger. Three very good games showing three very different qualities of a great tactically outstanding player.

Damn. Reading this just made me think. If oscar fulfills his potential, he could be one of the most complete and all round midfielders.

He needs to do a lot more in attack. He is a number 10, it's not enough.

And we need another number 10 next season to compete with him.

Umm...what? How many times does it have to be said our 10 isn't a traditional 10? Sheesh. He is playing amazing these last few games, enjoy it.

Umm...what? How many times does it have to be said our 10 isn't a traditional 10? Sheesh. He is playing amazing these last few games, enjoy it.

He is not a trditional number 10 because he is not good enough in terms of quality and consistency. I saw for example Ozil doing this kind of work in Camp Nou and doing well in attack.

I remember for example one game that Ozil and Kaka played together there and Ozil was absolutely amazing (it was the game he hit the bar).

He is not a defender. He needs to defend in big games but also do something in attack.

In reality the only 2 players playing really well in almost avery games were Fabregas and Costa, all the others need to improve.

He is not a trditional number 10 because he is not good enough in terms of quality and consistency. I saw for example Ozil doing this kind of work in Camp Nou and doing well in attack.

I remember for example one game that Ozil and Kaka played together there and Ozil was absolutely amazing (it was the game he hit the bar).

He is not a defender. He needs to defend in big games but also do something in attack.

In reality the only 2 players playing really well in almost avery games were Fabregas and Costa, all the others need to improve.

He's not a traditional number 10 because Jose demands different things from him than most managers. If he went to PSG, Real, Barca, etc he would shine, like Ozil did.

I'm interested in what you define as "playing well" because besides 1 match from Hazard, he has been amazing every league game.

Sorry to doubt your word, but you must be confused. I'd love a link to highlights or the whole match you're referring to. Ozil has NEVER done what Oscar normally does in terms of work-rate and pressing for two simple reasons: 1) he can't. He doesn't know how, he isn't capable of, it's not among his skills; 2) Mourinho never demanded it from him because he knew Ozil's limitations.

I'm not saying Ozil didn't do better than he's been doing at Arsenal, because Mourinho would never accept him to do what he does under Wenger, but Ozil is lazy (mostly due to low stamina, but also he's that kind of player) and slow in addition to having technical limitations to mark and pressure. I really have no idea what you're talking about...

Also people need to get a grip... Oscar was creative in both the matches against Bolton and Sporting. He created some of our best chances, he's doing better offensively. He could have ended up with more assists if we didn't miss so many goals. And he also created the chances for others to give the assist. I think he can improve his consistency, but if he keeps creating what he did in those two matches, we really don't need him to do much better. Against Arsenal he was fulfilling a tactical role he was probably assigned to. As José said he improved during the match as the time passed because as time passed he was more and more needed in the tactical function he had than being creative.

Sorry to doubt your word, but you must be confused. I'd love a link to highlights or the whole match you're referring to. Ozil has NEVER done what Oscar normally does in terms of work-rate and pressing for two simple reasons: 1) he can't. He doesn't know how, he isn't capable of, it's not among his skills; 2) Mourinho never demanded it from him because he knew Ozil's limitations.

I'm not saying Ozil didn't do better than he's been doing at Arsenal, because Mourinho would never accept him to do what he does under Wenger, but Ozil is lazy (mostly due to low stamina, but also he's that kind of player) and slow in addition to having technical limitations to mark and pressure. I really have no idea what you're talking about...

Also people need to get a grip... Oscar was creative in both the matches against Bolton and Sporting. He created some of our best chances, he's doing better offensively. He could have ended up with more assists if we didn't miss so many goals. And he also created the chances for others to give the assist. I think he can improve his consistency, but if he keeps creating what he did in those two matches, we really don't need him to do much better. Against Arsenal he was fulfilling a tactical role he was probably assigned to. As José said he improved during the match as the time passed because as time passed he was more and more needed in the tactical function he had than being creative.

This one was the one I was talking about. Every player in Real Madrid did magnificent games defensively, for example Di Maria in many games almost was a full back.

This is an incredible game of the number 10. Defending and attacking, what a great nº 10 should do even against Guardiola Barcelona in the Camp Nou (Real Madrid was eliminated in this game but Real did an incredible game, and you could smell the fear of the players and fans of Barcelona in this game).

"Un Özil extraordinario dominó de cabo a rabo el choque. El Madrid afinó la puntería tarde y sus dos goles fueron insuficientes. Pasa el Barcelona, que fue muy superior en la ida." / "An amazing Ozil domited all the game" (Marca)

http://www.marca.com/marcador/futbol/2011_12/copa/cuartos/vuelta/bar_rma/asilovivimos.html