Oscar

themightyblue

Exactly, it's either that or him being in the double pivot, and I can't really imagine Mata AND Hazard wanting to flank Oscar, when both prefer playing in the middle. Width would have to come from our fullbacks ala under Scolari, and I think that's way too limiting, even if we did have someone like Maicon and Cole bombing down the wings. It's too one dimensional.

Yes but Mata and Hazard can always drift out wide and seeing as they would be playing the Left and Right wing respectively they wouldn't be inverted wingers. So they could stretch the defence and put in crosses. They could also switch places with each other and whoever is on the wings would drift out wide. Everyone would have their fair share of time in the middle behind Torres.

At Internacional I'd imagine D'Alessandro plays in the hole and Oscar plays deeper.

This video below shows that he likes to drop deep and be involved in build up play...

I don't think he'd be that effective on the right. Not an alternative to Hulk, more of an alternative to Modric IMO.

I remember watching this game and he played very well. Brazil played 4-3-3 on the night, so he's indeed capable of playing deeper.

Not sure he'd be great in a 2 man midfield though, 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 would suit him better i feel.

i think the best way to play all three is to just let them all drift and roam around behind Torres as they please, with none of them actually having a fixed position as such.

Sounds nice when your in possession, problem comes when you lose it and we are all bent out of shape.

Can't comment to much about him. But if this and the German lads bids are true then we've pulled the plug on hulk. And at £38 million I can't blame them.

Still very young. Looks promissing, but he has no nore than 1 year in the first team. Not worth a lot of money, imo.

He has only played 1 year in the first team? Well that is news to me... maybe we should wait a year.

so whos seen him play? would be great to get the opinion of a regular watcher, i seen him once and he played well then, but once just aint enough!

I saw him play in Brazil's recent friendlies, he is very much like a young Fabregas, but Oscar has the potential to be even better than Fabregas imo. He is by no means the finished product yet, he is still developing and looks a very promising player. He is isn't up to Hazard or Mata's levels yet though he isn't to far off. I really want this transfer to happen!

I saw him play in Brazil's recent friendlies, he is very much like a young Fabregas, but Oscar has the potential to be even better than Fabregas imo. He is by no means the finished product yet, he is still developing and looks a very promising player. He is isn't up to Hazard or Mata's levels yet though he isn't to far off. I really want this transfer to happen!

If he can perform like what he played in the friendly against Danmark, and improve gradually, he surely has a bright future.

He has only played 1 year in the first team? Well that is news to me... maybe we should wait a year.

Yeah, in fact it was only in this year that Oscar started to take brazilian media attention.

Yeah I wouldn't mind either!

Great tweets btw