Our Squad is overrated

'Chelsea?' just ignore some of the idiots who will try and laugh at your post to get a few daft likes and shit, Hutcho for example. You have to get used to that so just ignore them.

You do hold a point, the squad is overrated. And if we don't get this double pivot thing sorted we could be in BIG trouble.

a dynamic double pivot at that. not just a defensive one

and as for lampard, it can't be helped. he will get to play under di matteo. hopefully he is rotated like Scholes at ManU

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

O still think we are overrating our squad. Buy if Eden turns to what I'm hopping for and we sign Hulk, who knows.

Don't think any of the new players are overrated.

If any they where over hyped like Lukaku, and KDB as people where doing with kakuta.

The only overrated player is Torres.

Everyone else is fine by me! :blue scalf:

O still think we are overrating our squad. Buy if Eden turns to what I'm hopping for and we sign Hulk, who knows.

You know mate, here's the thing.

Yes, there is some overrating going on, but most of fans in the world do that. We have brought in some young players with bags of potential and most people forget the difficulties these players need to overcome here when they come. New country, city, language, teammates, private life changes, pressure, fitness...it's difficult to start performing right away. Yes, some people do it, but they are rare. You need some time to get it all sorted and for this new life to start feeling as the normal one. Naturally, there is a disappointment when a couple of bad games happen with all these difficulties and lots of times, people overreact.

Who knows, perhaps Hazard won't turn out to be as good as the whole world expect him to be. It's a very difficult thing, but you have to be something much better then a mediocre footballer to archive what he has in France with Lille.

Marin? Give the lad some time, he doesn't have an impressive season behind him and needs to get a good run of games.

De Bruyne? Yes, he is young and he will probably go out on loan. He is a promising player on already high level and for the money we brought him in, it was a great buy. It also helps to have a few Belgians in the squad that can be beneficial both on and off the pitch.

too early for this. there are problems to be sorted but the reaction to the game here is beyond nonsensical - RAWK-like as someone mentioned.

di matteo knows the task at hand now and i think he will sort out a few decisions by the Milan game - eg - sell Benayoun etc, sign Moses(?) as back-up striker and Azpilicueta at RB.

Also, i think he will change the system a bit. even he must have thought that we weren't creating consistent chances today

Are you actually kidding me? Like seriously? We don't even have our whole squad back yet and have played 3 PRE-SEASON GAMES which i highlight is mostly for fitness. I really don't mean to be harsh or rude but this is just embarrassing, like actually a joke and i'm talking Liverpool forum embarrassing. Start calling our squad overrated when we're 10 games into the season and not picking up results, not after 3 meaningless friendlies. Rant over.

What I hate even more is when people complain but don't do anything to solve their problem.

And what exactly do you suggest the people who are dissatisfied do?

The point is perfectly legitimate. The forum over the last few months really has gone down the pan. And for people who have been around for a while they are reluctant to leave because they've enjoyed the time they've previously spent here.

And just so you're aware, this is not a criticism on how the forum is run, or the staff who maintain the site. The complaints are more to do with much of the content courtesy of many new members. The amount of petty arguments, trolling and thread derailment is crazy.

And what exactly do you suggest the people who are dissatisfied do?

The point is perfectly legitimate. The forum over the last few months really has gone down the pan. And for people who have been around for a while they are reluctant to leave because they've enjoyed the time they've previously spent here.

And just so you're aware, this is not a criticism on how the forum is run, or the staff who maintain the site. The complaints are more to do with much of the content courtesy of many new members. The amount of petty arguments, trolling and thread derailment is crazy.

Forum turned shit as it usually does before the preseason starts. Quality has improved a lot in the last 2 weeks and it will keep improving. I've been really enjoying in the last couple of days.

You didn't like it so you left. Why not stay and try to improve the quality like some other members did?

Forum turned shit as it usually does before the preseason starts. Quality has improved a lot in the last 2 weeks and it will keep improving. I've been really enjoying in the last couple of days.

You didn't like it so you left. Why not stay and try to improve the quality like some other members did?

When did I leave?

When did I leave?

I remember you saying something that you didn't like it here and since then until recently I haven't seen you around. Now, your first post I see, it's that forum has gone to hell. No offense mate, it's just the feeling I get and what my memory puts before me. I'm happy to see you back posting. Get your brother's arse back here also :)

This is a pointless thread like I said 1 page ago, but so what? I spent 1 and a half minute reading through and writing my response. Chelsea? expressed his opinion and later on saw that he probably was wrong. No harm done. If it pisses you of just ignore it like I did with a couple...

I remember you saying something that you didn't like it here and since then until recently I haven't seen you around. Now, your first post I see, it's that forum has gone to hell. No offense mate, it's just the feeling I get and what my memory puts before me. I'm happy to see you back posting. Get your brother's arse back here also :)

This is a pointless thread like I said 1 page ago, but so what? I spent 1 and a half minute reading through and writing my response. Chelsea? expressed his opinion and later on saw that he probably was wrong. No harm done. If a pisses you of just ignore it like I did with a couple...

Don't think that was me, I just haven't been around cause it's pre season and there's not much going on. But the few occasions I have popped on things have seemed a bit grim. Here's hoping things pick up when the season starts.

Don't think that was me, I just haven't been around cause it's pre season and there's not much going on. But the few occasions I have popped on things have seemed a bit grim. Here's hoping things pick up when the season starts.

I'm pretty sure you said something like I posted, but fair enough it's not important now and honestly I don't care,. It's better to clear out things and know where we are.

Anyway, welcome back :)

Don't think any of the new players are overrated.

If any they where over hyped like Lukaku, and KDB as people where doing with kakuta.

The only overrated player is Torres.

Everyone else is fine by me! :blue scalf:

i disagree with you

torres is a world class player :)

Good players don't mean good team. Our new players need time to understand each other for the teamwork to improve. If you look at small teams with good teamwork they can beat bigger teams. These preseason matches showed me that the new players can't work together yet. Just give them some time.

I think there is a fundamental difference here between being overrated and being overhyped. I for one would say that the amount of hype surrounding this team going into next season is extremely high, but that's what you get when you are one of the biggest clubs in the world and you are the holders of the Champions League. Supporters at this club want to win games and want to win trophies, and when we buy players who are hyped as the next big thing in football, that feeds the hype to the point where expectations are through the roof every single game. That's what I think has happened here...

Yes we've bought some really fantastic players but they are all really, really young and we are only just starting to train together as a squad. Lot's of people will say that they are great players, they should be playing well straight from the go but football doesn't work like that. It's three games into our preseason, theres a lot of work still to do but we owe it to RDM to give them a bit of time to gel. We need to calm down and temper expectations IMO.

I've been hearing so much about how great our transfers have been this summer. although I like the youngsters we've signed, for the season upcoming, they are no better than last year's squad.

Marin - Not as good as Danny. He struggled in Germany but some around here act like he's supposed to turn into Jesus Navas - a speedy winger that beats his man and gets a cross in -

KDB - another name that's supposed to be helping alot. He's not ready for Chelsea yet. Nowhere near what Kalou did, or what Malouda can do. Yet because he's young and a new signing, we instantly consider him better than what we already have,(or at least a replacement)

Oscar - He's young and might take time to get used to Chelsea. We don't even know where to play him

Our midfield is nowhere near as good as our opponents'(Manchesters)

Our coaching staff has not convinced me yet either. we finished 6th last year and won cup games parking the bus most of the time last year. We certainly have the most unproven staff in compared to the Manchester clubs.

Bitch shut up, please.. Im sorry but in times like this, when we are really doing smart buys and re-buildning and going with more youth, you come with this bullshit. You seriousley piss me off. Would you like to tell us what you want? To spend 50m on 5 players each?

What a fucking embarrassment this is, how anyone can be unhappy at the minute is beyond me.

5 years of work ive put into this place and im not going to let plastic's drive all the good members away.

Next person to make a thread like this ill ban on the spot, had enough.

CLOSED