Our Squad is overrated

We have good attackers, i disagree with you on that bit.

But our double pivot is serious problem, and i mean very serious.

I don't think Lampard can play it, just because he had a good 4 month playing it doesn't mean that's his new natural position and he will play well.

John Obi Mikel is embarrassing, shite player, never seen him track back once, on that 2nd goal where was he?, he was miles behind that player who scored, when really he should be marking him and tracking back. Not years away having a convo with the linesman.

That double pivot is the strength of the team, it really is, we need to get that sorted.

KDB will come good, i assure you, he is a good player. Hazard i'm actually a slight bit worried.

Are we talking about the same mikel that was bashed early last season and in the end of the season was praised and considered to be MOM in our UCL run ?

As long as we are going to play with a no 10 (we have 2 now in mata and oscar), we are going to play with double pivot.

So I really hope we can get one midfield in the mold of Xabi Alonso/Pirlo to help our no 10 to boss the game.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, our best team on paper has to be Carlo's first year here. But they were mostly older guys

True , but that team also has 'old' (I prefer to say Exprimented player :ph34r: ) Player , the main problem next year will be the integration of the new faces and the level of nando, we have a strong defence and a good midfield, just hope that the 4-2-3-1 formation works , because since José we played so much in a 4-3-3 formation (Sometime 4-1-2-1 when the season start , ancelloti and mourinho used that tactic but switched to a 4-3-3 formation in winter ) this 4-2-3-1 is a little bit limited when we attack , we play too much on the wings sometimes , but that is my personal tough.

Sorry for my bad English which is as crap as Liverpool

My ideal starting XI with our current players:

Cech; Cole, Terry, Luiz, Ivanovic; Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Mata; Oscar, Torres.

that's kinda why we were 6th last year

We were 5th , and we had to play Arsenal Liverpool City in their stadium , and Tottenham too at SB , that's why we finished 6 th.

we have to play them again this year too.

It depends how much you were expecting out of the season.

I think their were a few reality checks in this game for people hoping for a title win this season, for that to happen from 6th place was unrealistic anyway.

The new players will need to gel, we on the face off it are only an injury to 2 of Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Marin away from having the same stale look of the last 2 season's. That won't sort itself out overnight, we will still get the odd couple of those this season.

What these games have taught me so far amoungst anything else is that we need to sort the double pivot out, Lampard and Essien there doesn't seem to work. It has to be Mikel and someone else.

The main focus in the league this season has to be slowly blending in the new style, get top 3 (we don't want to get a taste of our own medicine by finishing 4th then Arsenal winning the CL from 5th or something :o ) and sort our record against the "lesser teams" out. Aswell as hopefully sneaking the CWC and maybe FA Cup again.

The future of this club is great, better than its ever been, but without meaning to sound like Wenger, this season is more about progression and heading in the right direction, 2013/2014 is the next time we should be looking at a massive title push again.