Our Squad is overrated

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People who find themselves disappointed with the new signings/players are often those who expects & perhaps overrates them too much at an early stage.

Indeed, like the people comparing Marin and Iniesta lol.

That is football. Result dictate everything. I remember last year when we lost to city and RDM replaced torres with drogba, even though that was a correct decision but we lost so everybody said RDM was stupid.

In final, thomas muller caused us tons of problem and RDM did not do anything but we won so everybody said RDM is genius

That's football :D

its the same with every sport.

we were going to have problems upfront without our 2 main stronglholds of last season, DD and MATA. whenever we needed anythin upfront it was either of these 2 to help us. so it is just obvious that an almost new bunch of players(marin, hazard, kdb, lukaku) were goin to have a tough time linking. plus its just the pre-season, the way people are reacting you would think we lost the cl.

Come on , stop posting idiot things that have no sense , we have surely a fantastic team , surely the best chelsea team on paper ever , we played good football today , with a team that didnt manage to play togheter , Marin needs to improve in the last pass / shoot , more lucid and Hazard is good , with Mata (Forget him ? ) and Oscar , we'll surely be great team.Stop saying bad things beacause we lost a friendly by conceding a late goal , if the ref gave us a penalty more than clear , what would you say ?

Worst post ever. The Chelsea squad is not the best ever, unless you start watching this club since 2 years ago.

People who find themselves disappointed with the new signings/players are often those who expects & perhaps overrates them too much at an early stage.

nope, I just didn't know why Marin was seen as an equal replacement for Kalou. I also don't see why anyone would pick him over Danny. But Idk much about Marin.

nope, I just didn't know why Marin was seen as an equal replacement for Kalou. I also don't see why anyone would pick him over Danny. But Idk much about Marin.

You don't know much about Marin and yet you said you don't get why people see him as replacement for Kalou and would pick him over Sturridge. For starters, he has a brain and perhaps has got that bit of end product more than Danny right now.

they (kalou+marin) are two different players, kalou suit the way we played last year under RDM but this year, it looks like we are trying to become a less direct and more attacking team so marin should fit our team better.

You don't know much about Marin and yet you said you don't get why people see him as replacement for Kalou and would pick him over Sturridge. For starters, he has a brain and perhaps has got that bit of end product more than Danny right now.

I do know he was having a bad season last year.

they (kalou+marin) are two different players, kalou suit the way we played last year under RDM but this year, it looks like we are trying to become a less direct and more attacking team so marin should fit our team better.

oh ok. Idk how you know this, but hope your right

We have good attackers, i disagree with you on that bit.

But our double pivot is serious problem, and i mean very serious.

I don't think Lampard can play it, just because he had a good 4 month playing it doesn't mean that's his new natural position and he will play well.

John Obi Mikel is embarrassing, shite player, never seen him track back once, on that 2nd goal where was he?, he was miles behind that player who scored, when really he should be marking him and tracking back. Not years away having a convo with the linesman.

That double pivot is the strength of the team, it really is, we need to get that sorted.

KDB will come good, i assure you, he is a good player. Hazard i'm actually a slight bit worried.

By "we" do you mean newcastle :ph34r:

On paper i said , we have the best chelsea team , A mixture of young players who are very talented (Mata , Hazard , Marin , Ramires) and experimented players like Essien Mikel Lampard as (Despite his age) Ivanovic Terry Cole who played over 200 games and has won trophies , in the pasts years the best chelsea team was the team that won the double , all were at their best with a team that were strong mentally with a very experimented coach ,mister Carlo Ancelloti , what i'm saying is that is a team on paper as good as the 2009-2010 squad ,the big loss is Didier Drogba who was our hitman , hope that Torres will continue on his way and comeback strong.

And sorry for my english who is as crap as Liverpool.

Danny does have an end product, he's just selfish. Watch him against Netherlands for England, he literally skinned the whole defence and whipped a great ball in but Welbeck didn't even stick a foot in.

He did the same against United, Malouda would've tapped it in but Evans ended up scoring an own goal. And he also did it against City, and passed to Meireles.

He could've got about 3 great assists against Newcastle, but he decided to shoot and hit the outside netting.

He had injury problems.

I'm ok with the Marin signing, but we can't forget he has potential thats similar to Danny. They are both young and Danny being selfish is something we can fix with good coaching.

On paper i said , we have the best chelsea team , A mixture of young players who are very talented (Mata , Hazard , Marin , Ramires) and experimented players like Essien Mikel Lampard as (Despite his age) Ivanovic Terry Cole who played over 200 games and has won trophies , in the pasts years the best chelsea team was the team that won the double , all were at their best with a team that were strong mentally with a very experimented coach ,mister Carlo Ancelloti , what i'm saying is that is a team on paper as good as the 2009-2010 squad ,the big loss is Didier Drogba who was our hitman , hope that Torres will continue on his way and comeback strong.

And sorry for my english who is as crap as Liverpool.

I disagree, our best team on paper has to be Carlo's first year here. But they were mostly older guys