Mark Stein

Wilson

I have been watching a DVD I purchased recently (Chelsea's greatest FA cup goals) and saw this fella, Mark Stein. I'm sure the DVD said he was midfielder, good passing and shooting and had a good record for his time at Chelsea. I think it was something like 25 goals in 60 games? I dunno why but just from what I heard on the DVD (small, fast, good passer and creative) reminds of Mata?! Haha, am I wrong thoug? Because being honest, I've never seen him play or heard of him before lol. I would have been 5 years old when he was at Chelsea lol. Would like to learn more about this guy, especially from the older guys on here! No offence lol!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stein was a striker. I never saw him play, but he was great for Chelsea. I know he had the record for consecutive games with a goal for a long time. I also know that his father was an anti-Apartheid activist in South Africa. http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/worldcup/mark-steins-so-proud-his-father-helped-south-africa-win-its-biggest-battle-6481608.html

Good idea for a thread. Would like to hear more about Chelsea legends from those who saw them. Chelsea do have a rich history and I think a lot of us would like to hear more about it.

Stein was one of Chelsea two main strikers (along with Paul Furlong) when I was first old enough to properly follow Chelsea. Being very young at the time my memories of him are vague, but he was a pacey and energetic finisher from what I remember. As far as I understand he's now a physio for Crawley Town.

Mark Stein was about the same height as Mata but that`s about the only similarity. he had a decent spell with us during the "coors" years. i believe he scored in something like 8 consecutive games. but was patchy and in and out of the team for the rest of his time with us.had some injuries throughout his career which didnt help. he had a brother Brian who played in the top flight of English football too..the cannon 1st division as the EPL was known at the time. apart from that hotspell with us his better years were with his bro at Luton Town. there was a time when Luton away was one of the hardest places to win at for the big clubs in the whole of England.

OMG next will be Robert Fleck.....but please NOT Sutton

Sutton....well, he did score in that fabulous massacre of ManU. The rest I have repressed. There are almost no Chelsea players I have hated but Sutton is one of them...(Bosnich and Bogarde as well perhaps)

Mark is currently the Physio at Crawley Town. whilst i stated earlier that his better years were with Luton Town on looking at his career stats it was the two year spell he had at Stoke before joining us. i remember him most as a Luton player (apart from with us obviously).

Fleck made Kalou look like Pele. :)

over £2m on him back in the day. 2k would have been a rip off. he looked good with Rangers and at times with Norwich tho..scottish strikers have been so shit in last 30 years even McCoist was when he was at Sunderland.

Fleck made Kalou look like Pele. :)

over £2m on him back in the day. 2k would have been a rip off. he looked good with Rangers and at times with Norwich tho..scottish strikers have been so shit in last 30 years even McCoist was when he was at Sunderland.

both Speedie and Durie were ok ,,,till the cunt fucked off to Spurs

didn`t we lose 5-1 at home to Watford on Gordon`s debut. with the infamous Les Fridge in goal. yioks. some things i just try to blank out. i agree tho Durie did have his moments and Speedie definately.

i was thinking about how scotland had had truly world class strikers in the past with Law and "king" Kenny. and how in the last 30 years the big hyped players in Scotland like McCoist,Robertson and to a degree Charlie Nicholas flopped in England. the ones that were lesser hyped did better it seems.

Haha you sound offended that i brought this guys name up? He wasn't that bad was he? I dunno though but from what I seen of him

(not a lot to be fair) he looked like a decent player lol. Also heard good things about him.

Haha you sound offended that i brought this guys name up? He wasn't that bad was he? I dunno though but from what I seen of him

(not a lot to be fair) he looked like a decent player lol. Also heard good things about him.

Graham Stuart scored the best goal you`ll see from a Chelsea player. if you find that goal on youtube you`d think he was as good as Garrincha.(arguably the best dribbler in post war football history) there`s worse players than Stein but for a forward 20 league goals in 4 years. we scraping the barrel here. ;) ..he had talent,just injuries and everything meant he only fleetingly done good things here. more a cult hero at best.