Wilfried Bony

milka

I agree. But after playing week in week out for the last year and a half, he will not want to warm our bench. You can tell from his interview where he talked about staying at Everton. He isnt a Chelsea fan, just a professional who wants to play. So if the best we can offer him is 2nd, you think he will stay when other teams offer him more?

I don't know, perhaps he'd love to learn from Costa or Cavani knowing he will get sub appearances and some starts, maybe not. In that case we should be looking to loan, not sell in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilfried Bony: "I want to be in a bigger club, like all young players dream" (Sky Sports) #Swansea

Bony (1/2): "I want to do Champions League now. I want to play more European games, so I feel like that because you feel it is..." #Swansea

Bony (2/2): "...good to play against the big teams. It is good to check your level." (Sky Sports) #Swansea

Wilfried Bony: "I want to be in a bigger club, like all young players dream" (Sky Sports) #Swansea

Bony (1/2): "I want to do Champions League now. I want to play more European games, so I feel like that because you feel it is..." #Swansea

Bony (2/2): "...good to play against the big teams. It is good to check your level." (Sky Sports) #Swansea

Pretty general stuff, honestly.

Im sure if three strikers leave, we will buy two strikers. Jose wont go into season with Costa + Etoo/Lukaku. He will want to have his 3rd striker. Either Bony, Immobile or Remy would do just fine. Speaking of Costa and Benzema is unrealistic, but that would be amazing.

I bought Bony in FIFA. Bony+Costa.

Bony is the kind of striker we should look after. He is a cheap striker and underrated. He has been an outstanding player this season.

I bought Bony in FIFA. Bony+Costa.

Bony is the kind of striker we should look after. He is a cheap striker and underrated. He has been an outstanding player this season.

I agree. Too bad we didn't buy him last year since we have a partnership Vitesse.

Tbh I am still surprised we didn't sign him in the summer when we were linked with him. Hes very much an allround striker, would have been ideal for us tbh.

yep. too many skeptics on the other Chelsea online forum didn't like the Bony suggestion last summer either.

He's not the greatest of strikers, for certain, but he offers more IMO than any of what we ended up with this season--which was the reason I was urging interest in him last summer. Strong and he used to be a central midfielder. has good control and vision. will play up against any center back. proved he's not afraid of any Premier League center back in his first season.

This guy that Arsenal have been linked with, Drmic at Nuernburg is certainly an interesting one too. He has a good shot with both feet and scores with every part of his body. less than 6 feet tall, but looks like he could be the next big thing (after Suarez).

Notice in this video that he scores using many different areas of his feet and notice his agility, his control. He can put a good shot on goal from any spot, with any part of his feet (reminding me of Suarez in that regard). He's only 21. Frankly, this guy should make a fan salivate with memories of Pippo Inzaghi.

• 2 months later...

Now that Lukaku is gone, Bony will be the perfect replacement.

Surely we want a striker that is starter quality?

I am a fan of his, but we need a world class CF to compete with Costa.

Surely we want a striker that is starter quality?

I am a fan of his, but we need a world class CF to compete with Costa.

Of course, ideally you want a world class CF in every position, but who are those WC strikers that are available? PSG won't sell Cavani for much less than they paid for him. Also, I doubt they'll sell him at all despite the rumours.

Falcao is the other option but it remains to be seen the state of him after his ACL injury.

We need a young 'different' striker imo. Someone like Muriel would have been good if he didn't have too many injuries last season.

Rodrigo another good option, but has gone to Valencia.

We do have Schurrle though who can at least play as a 2nd striker.

Of course, ideally you want a world class CF in every position, but who are those WC strikers that are available? PSG won't sell Cavani for much less than they paid for him. Also, I doubt they'll sell him at all despite the rumours.

Falcao is the other option but it remains to be seen the state of him after his ACL injury.

PSG HAVE to sell one of their BIG stars if they sign Di Maria, which is likely. It might be a long shot, but Cavani wants to be a CF. He won't play in his preferred position regularly as long as Ibra is there.

In relation to Falcao, a loan deal could be a wise move. He would have his chance to prove his fitness and how he would adapt to the Prem, and if all goes the Torres way; we aren't stuck with him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You