Wilfried Bony

milka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He proved in West Brom and Everton he is our best striker and can score 15+ in this league as 20y old, yet some people question him...

If he is our 1st choice striker next season then we are fucked.

Yes I can't but I wasn't saying he should be our 1st choice

Problem with that is:

1) he will asked to move to another club (Loan or otherwise)

2) he wont improve if he stays and sits on the bench

Problems everywhere.

Don't need him.

Rather get a younger player like Wickham for a 3rd option striker. We need to sign first option, and second can very well be Lukaku.

Bony seems like a good player, with strength and a good first touch, but Wickham has got that too and he's 19!

Problem with that is:

1) he will asked to move to another club (Loan or otherwise)

2) he wont improve if he stays and sits on the bench

Problems everywhere.

If no. 1 will happen then we should sell him because he needs to fight for a 1st spot, i still think he is capable of beign here as 2nd option(if he wants to), with possibility that in 2-3 years he can be 1st choice if he fights for it.

I wonder how long we will continue to support Lukaku just because he is young. He has no hold up play, cant win any aerial duels, terrible terrible first touch and isnt the most intelligent of players. Lets see how many of these points he can improve upon.

Dude, I don't support lukaku cos he is young, I support him cos he scores goals. 30 in the last 2 PL campaigns to be exact.

Also, u realuze we are talking about lukaku and not altidore or sagbo. With these many faults, I don't think a player can be plauing for a semi-pro team.

Lukaku's hold up play is good. He is pivotal for evertpm's ATTACKS and not just their finishing. He brings in barkley, mirallas, naismith and coleman into the game with his hold up play. Not just that, some pf his passes and lay offs coupled with his movement show that he has a good enough footballing brain. He may not be xavi/iniesta But he is quite good.

He does not win aerial duels????!!!!! What do u watch dude? Just yesterday he not only won an aerial duel against evans and jones but also headed the ball brilliantly into naismith's path who blasted his shot over.

The only thing that has not improved is his firat touch so I can't defend him there.

But the point is does lukaku need "defending". Here we have a proven goalscorer at the age of 20, leading a line for a CL fighting team but he is been compared with bony who is playing for a relegation threatened team. How is itthat when lukaku smashes 30 goals in 2 seasons, iit's only cos he is playing for a lower team (even though both of wba and everton that lukaku played in will finish above swansea that bony plays for), and yet it does seem to be a point for bony who is a. Decent striker who is maybe as good as lukaku but definitely not better.

The point of all this, we don't need bony. We don't need to spend 20mil on a 25 year old striker who has reached his ceiling specially when we have soneone like lukaku

Hope he leaves for his own sake.. The vultures will be waiting to blast his touch or technique whren they'll get the chance to. We've endured a season of borderline retarded strikers and people are complaining about one of the best young strikers in the world, smh.

And for gods sakes stop assuming he wouldn't want to be 2nd fiddle to a worldie like Costa or Cavani just because he opted to be loaned out. Bringing in a 4th striker close to deadline would make anyone ponder their future.

Hope he leaves for his own sake.. The vultures will be waiting to blast his touch or technique whren they'll get the chance to. We've endured a season of borderline retarded strikers and people are complaining about one of the best young strikers in the world, smh.

And for gods sakes stop assuming he wouldn't want to be 2nd fiddle to a worldie like Costa or Cavani just because he opted to be loaned out. Bringing in a 4th striker close to deadline would make anyone ponder their future.

Lol!

A response matching your intelligence

Thank you very much. You cant go 10 seconds in this forum without getting insulted one way or another because someone doesnt agree with you. I wonder at what age does one become an adult and not a "young striker". Lukaku is not ready to play at a big club and he is not Drogba whos first touch was sublime and created many opportunities.

Id rather have Lukaku than Torres or Ba but thats not saying much. He is overrated by our fans. Even the Everton fans have seen his flaws.

I wonder how long we will continue to support Lukaku just because he is young. He has no hold up play, cant win any aerial duels, terrible terrible first touch and isnt the most intelligent of players. Lets see how many of these points he can improve upon.

But you can't deny he's a goal scorer. He's confident in front of goal and has no trouble adapting to new teams.

Thank you very much. You cant go 10 seconds in this forum without getting insulted one way or another because someone doesnt agree with you. I wonder at what age does one become an adult and not a "young striker". Lukaku is not ready to play at a big club and he is not Drogba whos first touch was sublime and created many opportunities.

Id rather have Lukaku than Torres or Ba but thats not saying much. He is overrated by our fans. Even the Everton fans have seen his flaws.

Where was Drogba at 20y old? man, you are tough one... if you want to compare them compare them properly

Where was Drogba at 20y old? man, you are tough one... if you want to compare them compare them properly

Drogba got into football late. The fact that he got where he got is a testament to his ability.

Then reply properly instead of a disrespectful 'lol'.

Are you saying a 20 year old striker shouldn't be considered young?

Everybody knows his flaws, but why are you dismissing him as some scrub? Ofcourse he can be a part of this team, he's MORE than good enough to be second striker.

Then reply properly instead of a disrespectful 'lol'.

Are you saying a 20 year old striker shouldn't be considered young?

Everybody knows his flaws, but why are you dismissing him as some scrub? Ofcourse he can be a part of this team, he's MORE than good enough to be second striker.

I agree. But after playing week in week out for the last year and a half, he will not want to warm our bench. You can tell from his interview where he talked about staying at Everton. He isnt a Chelsea fan, just a professional who wants to play. So if the best we can offer him is 2nd, you think he will stay when other teams offer him more?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You