Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

i dont think so. he ll get plenty of oppurtunities. i expect eveton to reach round of 16/QF which is 10-12 games. plus FA and Carling cup... and a odd game here and there in PL. good enough oppurtunities.

Still, do we want him only playing in smaller games against weaker opposition? I'd rather he gets 30-35 PL games at Southampton as a starter and come up against the likes of City, Arsenal, utd...etc.

Still, do we want him only playing in smaller games against weaker opposition? I'd rather he gets 30-35 PL games at Southampton as a starter and come up against the likes of City, Arsenal, utd...etc.

u actually think he ll get 30-35 games at SOTON. even without lallana he would have ramirez, do prado and ward prowse to deal with. not to mention, the new buys that soton will buy after earning close to 50mil from lallana and shaw.

and its not just weaker oppostion, he will get to have european experience which is as important.

u actually think he ll get 30-35 games at SOTON. even without lallana he would have ramirez, do prado and ward prowse to deal with. not to mention, the new buys that soton will buy after earning close to 50mil from lallana and shaw.

and its not just weaker oppostion, he will get to have european experience which is as important.

I just think if he won't be a starter, then we're better off sending him somewhere else where he'll have more responsibility on his shoulders and more playing time even if it is in a weaker league.

I just think if he won't be a starter, then we're better off sending him somewhere else where he'll have more responsibility on his shoulders and more playing time even if it is in a weaker league.

thats a little weird. you would want thorgan to play in a weaker league rather than "weaker" teams in cup competitions!

i just think more than playing time, sometimes playing at the HIGHEST level is more important. he can go to zulte and be the biggest fish in a small pond but he can learn way more playing with in everton, and with better players. plus i really think he would get decent playing time in everton.

thats a little weird. you would want thorgan to play in a weaker league rather than "weaker" teams in cup competitions!

i just think more than playing time, sometimes playing at the HIGHEST level is more important. he can go to zulte and be the biggest fish in a small pond but he can learn way more playing with in everton, and with better players. plus i really think he would get decent playing time in everton.

But that's the point. He won't be playing at the highest level if he's on the bench for the big games and only plays against weaker sides. He might as well stay at Zulte where he still gets to play Europa but also get 30+ other games in the league, or move to the Bundes Liga where he'll play better opposition than at Zulte and be a starter.

But that's the point. He won't be playing at the highest level if he's on the bench for the big games and only plays against weaker sides. He might as well stay at Zulte where he still gets to play Europa but also get 30+ other games in the league, or move to the Bundes Liga where he'll play better opposition than at Zulte and be a starter.

I'd prefer him not to go to Everton, doesn't he play the same position as Barkley? I heard Valencia want him, that is much more attractive. No Europe competition but a top league on a mid table team wouldn't be bad.

Edit: nevermind, I'd rather he play a bit limited at Everton but learn from Martinez. Great manager, that guy.

dude, its not just about playing. its about being and surrounded by better players. training with them. learning from them. if "playing time" was the only criteria of "developing" a player than the situation would have been way different. its about how well he can handle the pressure, the comptetition.

also a PL loan is a must if he has to have a future with us. he is already 21 and with no PL experience.

dude, its not just about playing. its about being and surrounded by better players. training with them. learning from them. if "playing time" was the only criteria of "developing" a player than the situation would have been way different. its about how well he can handle the pressure, the comptetition.

also a PL loan is a must if he has to have a future with us. he is already 21 and with no PL experience.

Its a balance between that and playing time..

Or else we might aswell just bring him back to Chelsea.

That's a factor, but playing time is much bigger one, imo. If it was just about being surrounded by good players and manger, then just bring him back to Chelsea and have him start 3-4 Capital One games.

That's a factor, but playing time is much bigger one, imo. If it was just about being surrounded by good players and manger, then just bring him back to Chelsea and have him start 3-4 Capital One games.

Tbf, he would play much more at Everton than here.

15-25 games, including EPL, COC, FA Cup, Europa League. He'd play plenty under a great manager, Martinez.

its about finding a balance between those 2. not just about playing time or playing with great players. it is the middle road.

Tbf, he would play much more at Everton than here.

15-25 games, including EPL, COC, FA Cup, Europa League. He'd play plenty under a great manager, Martinez.

Would he, though? If he's guaranteed 15 starts at Everton, I'm all for it. But I'm afraid that he's only going to get 3-4 starts in the cups and a hand full of sub appearances which would basically be a year wasted of his development. You never know, Martinez might even want to take the EL seriously and play his best side in it.

Its a balance between that and playing time..

Or else we might aswell just bring him back to Chelsea.

i know. thats why i said its not "JUST" about playing. it is about finding that middle road. everton seems to be the perfect team for that.

its about finding a balance between those 2. not just about playing time or playing with great players. it is the middle road.

I agree. That's why I think Southampton, if he's guaranteed a starting place there, or the Bundes Liga are his best options.