Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

is he a decent shot to be first team in the future? i don't think so. another one of those who rot in our academy. football is harsh

As some have said, lets just give him a chance and see how he does first. Too often in recent times that we have either write someone off before they are given a chance or completely overhyping them before they even play in the first team, consistently!

As some have said, lets just give him a chance and see how he does first. Too often in recent times that we have either write someone off before they are given a chance or completely overhyping them before they even play in the first team, consistently!

probably but i think if we are to promote attackers from the academy, piazon is first in line

probably but i think if we are to promote attackers from the academy, piazon is first in line

Agree and don't get me wrong though. Don't see the purpose and need of getting Thorgan too but guess we shall just see what happens.

Eden had said this regarding his brother joining us.

http://sulia.com/channel/chelsea-fc/f/9fb859e8-a9d8-4b18-aa46-36c5e9b371fd/?source=twitter

Eden Hazard has given his first reaction to the signing of brother Thorgan by Chelsea.

Speaking to Belgian magazine knack.be, Eden he said: “I'm happy for him and for me, becausemy 'family' are with me. Now it's up to him to demonstrate his skills and launch his career.

"We talked together for a while about the transfer. And given his situation at Lens, he was open to a something else.

“But I think he has made a good decision, though he will not go directly into the A-team.

"Whether he will train with us, I do not know. I can tell you that he has potential. He is my little brother, you know: I have absolutely nothing negative to say about him!”

Eden speaking about his brother Thorgan on TCOWS.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2866009,00.html

When Eden Hazard returns to training at Cobham this week following the pre-season tour of the United States, there will be a very familiar face to greet him.

Our June signing from Lille had two weeks to grow accustomed to his new surroundings at the training ground prior to the four-game visit to other side of the Atlantic, and while away, the club signed his younger brother Thorgan from Lens.

At 19, Thorgan (pictured below) is two years younger than Eden (pictured above) and has been continuing his pre-season preparations with our Under-21 squad. Last season was his breakthough into first team football at the French second division side, playing just down the road in northern France from top-flight Lille.

There are similarities in their story - for instance they both played youth football at Tubize in their native Belgium, but there are differences too, including playing style according to Eden.

'My brother is not the same as me because he is not someone who dribbles a lot,' he tells the official Chelsea website.

'He is more someone who has a passing game in midfield. He can play on the wings also but his best position is in central midfield, a number 10.

'Despite both of us having been at Tubize, we have never played in the same team, so I hope I can play soon alongside my brother in the national team and also for Chelsea.'

Eden kept a close eye on Thorgan's progress last year and says his brother doesn't feel he took his chance as well as he wanted when he did play for Lens, yet 14 league appearances is still a healthy return for a teenager in his breakthrough year, and neither of them lack feedback on their performances.

Their father is a former footballer and their mother played at the highest domestic level for women in Belgium.

'I had my father as a coach for one year and he also followed me after that but not as a coach, more as a fan,' says Eden. 'It was really after the game that he was talking, saying what was good about my game and what wasn't.'

Given the family background, the chance of two sons becoming professionals must have increased but in fact there are two more Hazards who could potentially take the same career path - Kylian and Ethan.

'One plays in the youth team at Lille and the other plays in Belgium, but he is still very young, he is enjoying football for the first time so we shall see,' says Eden.

So which of the four will prove to be the best play in the long run?

'We will see at the end of our careers,' he smiles. 'We will see who has won the most trophies.'

Note the highlighted part there.

So what are we gonna do with Thorgan? Perhaps, loan him out? Play him in the reserves? Keep him on the bench giving him a bit-part role?

And also what number is he gonna wear for Cheslea ?

Early suggestion is that we will be looking to loan him out. Saw a tweet on Twitter yesterday that said he was seen at Southampton BUT nothing concrete on that or anything else so far yet.