Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

• 4 weeks later...

Thorgan Hazard has had a mixed time in Germany, but leaning to positive. His loanicon1.png club Borussia Monchengladbach are very happy with the 21 year old and want him to remain with them when the temporary deal ends. However, he hasn't been getting in the Gladbach starting line-up very often. Indeed, at the weekend his start against Hertha Berlin was the second of the season, his first one being in September.

Hazard grasped his chance and hit the back of the net in a 3-2 win for Gladbach with reports of his performance glowing. Not only did hazard get on the score sheet but he also managed to provide an assist for his german clubicon1.png.

It's excited the Belgian press too with HLN saying that Hazard has arrived with his first goal in the Bundesliga. Hazard did a heart celebration which HLN say was for his wife Marie and daughter Elayna.

In November, Gladbach's sporting director Max Eberl was quoted by RP in Germany as saying "We want to win Thorgan for Gladbach. He is a boy with greaticon1.png potential. We are 100 percent sure of him. Already he has made great progress."

The young Belgian said at the time "Borussia play good football, which suits me. After the season we have arranged to meet for talks, then we'll see what happens."

Such a performance as the one at the weekend will help Hazard get more starts and from there he can impress further, seeing Borussia Monchengladbach fall even more for him.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/chelsea-get-great-news-on-player-from-germany

Belgian press is saying 'Gladbach is having talks with Chelsea about Thorgan. Apparently they want to keep him for a longer run.

Gladbach wants him on a permanent. I don't blame them he's been quite a sub for them. I think he needs to start games for them and then he might be ready for the Chelsea bench next year. However, if he can get another year at Gladbach and start for the full year I think he could be ready for a full time role at Chelsea. It will depends on how he continues to develop. He's more like Oscar than Eden.

I'm indifferent about him leaving. If we can give him a chance he should come back, but if we don't gaurantee him that he should go for sure. For the best of his career.

I don't Chelsea wants to sell. It's hard to say whether Thorgan has the chops to play at Chelsea. I think he needs a decent run of starts to see how he fares in the Bundesliga. Who knows maybe he makes the squad next season.

I think it's best if he is sold and we include a buy-back/first option clause. His position is incredibly competitive here and it would be very difficult to see him being an important part of the team in the next season or two.

i think chelsea should put a buy back clause on hazard if they do sell him

Seriously, who keeps mentioning this? Does this really happen in reality? And why would a team agree on that? If they want to buy him back, this means almost by definition that his value would be higher than the buy-back deal in the contract. :)

Ahh the mythical buy back clauses like unicorns, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster. Buy back clause only works if you sell a player to a tiny club that could never afford a player if he blows up so to speak. If Thorgan were to be sold to Gladbach Chelsea would likely get 10-12 million. Gladbach isn't a tiny club that couldn't afford that. They'd never agree to it.

I'm not sure why people are so quick to dismiss him as future possibility for Chelsea. Doesn't mean I would lay a bet on it happening, but he passed the first test by winning Belgian player of the year and helping lead Zulte Waregem towards the top of Belgian league. Now without him and Malanda Waregem is mediocre.

He's been scoring and playing quite well while getting limited minutes at Gladbach which looks to be a 2015-2016 CL side.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/thorgan-hazard/leistungsdaten/spieler/102226

In 932 minutes (8 starts of 23 appearances) He has 4 goals and 7 assists.

Averaging a goal every 233 minutes an assist 133.15 minutes and a scoring play once every 84.73 minutes.

Buy back clause only works if you sell a player to a tiny club that could never afford a player if he blows up so to speak.

Tiny club? Like us when we bought Oriol from Barcelona? :lol:

It is done all the time for young players as is a first option at a fixed price like the Fabregas case with Arsenal.

I think that the main factor in that is probably the player himself and his will to return to the club.