Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Torres despite being more talented player - according to you and playing up top for 46 games this season has 11 goals & 12 assists; Sturridge the "inferior" talent has 13 goals and 7 assists in 41 games.

This stat is misleading though, Torres for most of the season was 2nd choice to Drogba - and rightly so - so many of those games came from off the bench.

Sturridge started every time under AVB. And under RDM, he either started, or didn't play at all.

This stat is misleading though, Torres for most of the season was 2nd choice to Drogba - and rightly so - so many of those games came from off the bench.

Sturridge started every time under AVB. And under RDM, he either started, or didn't play at all.

Nope, those stats are not misleading Torres has 350 minutes less in the League than Sturridge yet their stats in the EPL are:

Torres: 32 Matches; 1904 minutes; 6 goals; 4 assists; 62 shots(23 on target);

Sturridge: 30 Matches; 2269 minutes; 11 goals; 3 assists; 91 shots(32 on target);

Torres had streaks of matches(beginning of season before being red carded and missing 3 games); during ANC where he was playing very regularly. His most productive games were Leicester City and Genk if you want to talk about misleading take a look at Torres stats without those two games - they are abysmal. In fact mid season I was thumping my head against a wall wondering why Torres and Drogba both were playing so regularly while Sturridge and Lukaku barely had 90 minutes up top. In the end Drogba's form and performance in big matches after the ANC helped us towards two trophies, Torres also improved but it wasn't something substantial.

Torres has done it.Sturridge is just a wannabe.In this Chelsea team Torres stats should not count for anything.Take example of Terry under AVB he was most of the time worst player on the pitch and why?He is not bad defender at all infact he is in top5 in the world atleast, but the formation and the team wasn't playing to his strengths.

Done what exactly? Failed at Chelsea is the only thing Torres has so far done that I care about - as some people say you're only as good as your last match. You ask for us to play to Torres strengths yet slate 22year old player who has never played on the right wing and tell him to fuck off in his first season as a starter in Chelsea FC.

We have given Torres a season and a half - you lot are talking about building a team around a player who most likely has his best years behind him and is quite injury prone. Its hypocrisy like this that makes me fume

Nope, those stats are not misleading Torres has 350 minutes less in the League than Sturridge yet their stats in the EPL are:

Torres: 32 Matches; 1904 minutes; 6 goals; 4 assists; 62 shots(23 on target);

Sturridge: 30 Matches; 2269 minutes; 11 goals; 3 assists; 91 shots(32 on target);

Torres had streaks of matches(beginning of season before being red carded and missing 3 games); during ANC where he was playing very regularly.

The stats prove Torres has been better when he started, than coming off the bench. Someone posted the article from whoscored.com a while ago.

And yeah he did have streaks of matches, but not like Sturridge had.

Like i said already, Drogba obviously deserved to start over him, but Sturridge in the first half of the season had more or less no competition for his place.

And this is what will happen with Torres if we don't sign another striker this summer, and we will all see how he does.

And ? For this goal i can tell u a thousand misplaced passes and row z shots with his right foot.

He has scored many great goals with his right foot, especially at Bolton. Naturally, every player has more misses than hits. You can't say he does not have a good right foot.

Really?Danny scored more goals than Torres and that too out of position.Be empathic,he's a center forward and should play in that role.Torres complains of not taking a penalty and not starting for Finals and yet you all support him.I for one,really hope he stays and gets the chance to play the role he's best at.

Torres has the right to complain, he busts a gut week in week out, he plays out of position and has a shit load of assists to show for it. Sturridge is a selfish piece of shit, he hasnt played well since December. He needs to leave.

Torres has the right to complain, he busts a gut week in week out, he plays out of position and has a shit load of assists to show for it. Sturridge is a selfish piece of shit, he hasnt played well since December. He needs to leave.

The only piece of shit is you, leave this thread because you are stinking the place up

Done what exactly? Failed at Chelsea is the only thing Torres has so far done that I care about - as some people say you're only as good as your last match. You ask for us to play to Torres strengths yet slate 22year old player who has never played on the right wing and tell him to fuck off in his first season as a starter in Chelsea FC.

We have given Torres a season and a half - you lot are talking about building a team around a player who most likely has his best years behind him and is quite injury prone. Its hypocrisy like this that makes me fume

We will build an attacking minded team even without Torres.Torres can have 20 years to prove himself but he will never do it with the service he's got so far. (I mean cmon should I even mention Malouda, Sturridge, Kalou and service in one sentence ..)And about what have Torres done ?Pre-Chelsea he was probably the most feared striker in PL, has scored half a dozen goals againt us, manu, arsenal.And about the injury issues, I don't think he is worse player then what he was before it.Injury prone.. not really he's only had 1 serious injury in his entire career.

But we should stop talk about Torres in Sturridge's thread, all i wanted to say is that Danny will never be number 1 striker here and since this is what he all wants, he can leave.

We will build an attacking minded team even without Torres.Torres can have 20 years to prove himself but he will never do it with the service he's got so far. (I mean cmon should I even mention Malouda, Sturridge, Kalou and service in one sentence ..)And about what have Torres done ?Pre-Chelsea he was probably the most feared striker in PL, has scored half a dozen goals againt us, manu, arsenal.

Pre-Injury not Pre-Chelsea, he was quite bad at Liverpool before he joined us.

Torres at club level has the same number of trophies Sturridge does

The only piece of shit is you, leave this thread because you are stinking the place up

What are you his lawyer? Truth hurts mate, Sturridge will never be a big club player with that attitude. Mid table max. And he is shit, lucky streak until December then nothing. Lol what a piece of shit :)

how does it come that „Torres” pops up in EVERY discussion??? ... anyway ... if sturridge would be the cf with the service from the sturridge from the wing i doubt he would score lot of goals ... therefore we have have no basis for comparison ... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, one might think sturridge selfish attitude is the reason for his good results in the same way as it is the reason for torres' “bad” results ...

How often does he shoot instead of pass??

how does it come that „Torres” pops up in EVERY discussion??? ... anyway ... if sturridge would be the cf with the service from the sturridge from the wing i doubt he would score lot of goals ... therefore we have have no basis for comparison ... :rolleyes:

Sturridge as CF, with Malouda and Kalou on the wings :lol:

Dont like sturridge at all.... He is too solo minded and his attitude will work and he would thrive at a mid table team, where he would be the best player.

In Chelsea his style of play simply does not work.

Even if he is to develop as a CF, i dont see him as a top top striker. He seems so good to alot of people because he is British, and yes, he is one of the best english striking talents coming up, but when you look around in the world, he wont be in the top 20 possibly, and a club like us needs a striker that will be in the top 5-top 10 in the world.

Those are my 2 cents. Sometimes, you know that a player is either a nani or a valencia. Sadly, i have come to believe he is a Nani.

Who is the one that has played out of position again?

I remember Sturridge has played exclusively as wide player this season, with the exception of the last game of the PL season. While Torres has been exclusively as a CF.

Need to come up with something better.

Who is the one that has played out of position again?

I remember Sturridge has played exclusively as wide player this season, with the exception of the last game of the PL season. While Torres has been exclusively as a CF.

Need to come up with something better.

Yes exactly. Exclusively as a winger, yet he insists on taking shots over and over. Theres like at least 20 occasions in every match he plays where he makes the wrong decision. If you aint happy we being played as a winger then do your damn duty until the end of the season then talk to the club. If nothing changes then leave.