Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Short memory you have. I remember 2 of his good assists clearly.. one to Drogba in UCL against Leverkusen (or Genk?) and the other to Meireles against City. Both were very well given. Can't remember the rest though.

Short memory you say? How about a couple of oppurtunities he had to put Torres through into an open goal but chose to....guess what? SHOOT...

Short memory you say? How about a couple of oppurtunities he had to put Torres through into an open goal but chose to....guess what? SHOOT...

yep, can't praise that. but still, better decision making comes with experience.. he barely has it tbh.

Has he actually made any tackles or won any 50-50 balls this season?! His tendency to just chicken out of challenges is getting really beyond pathetic. Everytime when there is a 50-50 ball to be won, he moves out of the way and allow the opposition player to get away with it! BLOODY FRUSTRATING!!

Sturridge should have shown AVB more respect. Intrusting his faith in a manager who was moulding him into the 'first team'. Rather than bemoaning to the press his favoured position, even comparing himself with Henry, further stressing his desire to be a forward. Maybe his dip in form and consequential absence from the first team under RDM, will put things in perspective for him.

Good point, but by extension, I'd say the whole squad should have given more respect to Villas-Boas. As for the second part of your post, I am amongst those that have been hoping he would have honed his game because of his limited game time. In fact, he has purely become even more selfish.

Come on Cap. That Sun article completely twisted most of what he said to portray him as an arrogant 'world-revolves-around-me' asshole. He simply stated that without Rooney for England's first 2 games in the Euros he's an option. He said those comments about starting when Torres was on horrid form and if memory serves me correctly we all suggested the same thing.

He played better against Blackburn, he played more central against them which resulted in better decision making. He is selfish but sometimes overblown, its more to do with bad decision making and being uncomfortable out wide.

He is a CF, and deserves the chance to compete with Torres and rotate with him next season. I think he is capable of also playing along side Torres in 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Anyone noticed how he became much more of a team-player the minute someone who did stick to his attempted run stepped onto the field?

Sturridge's selfishness should partly be blamed on the likes of Torres hiding behind the defenders and taking ages waiting for the perfect run.

In a normal game he was as selfish as we've grown accustomed to Drogba being (can't say I'm bothered by his audacious attempts) , which is no wonder given his striker origins, and anyone who has ever said he lacks vision should drop complicated football related words altogether.

I think hes still done more than Kalou to get a cl final start. Whats kalou done since coming back into the team? think hes only scored 1. I know sturridge can be selfish but at least he has the ability to come up with something special whereas kalou cant do anything

Has he actually made any tackles or won any 50-50 balls this season?! His tendency to just chicken out of challenges is getting really beyond pathetic. Everytime when there is a 50-50 ball to be won, he moves out of the way and allow the opposition player to get away with it! BLOODY FRUSTRATING!!

He was the direct cause of the bin dippers first goal because of one of his continual bottling of a 50/50, my old mum is in her eighties but would put him on his arse. The one time he made a tackle he gave away a penalty.

I just watched the match vs Blackburn, and I have to say I do not understand all the criticism he got in the match thread. I thought he did very well with his dribbling and movement and was very unlucky not to get on the score sheet on several occasions. The lad is turning into the new scrapegoat :rolleyes:

I just watched the match vs Blackburn, and I have to say I do not understand all the criticism he got in the match thread. I thought he did very well with his dribbling and movement and was very unlucky not to get on the score sheet on several occasions. The lad is turning into the new scrapegoat :rolleyes:

Stulouda.

Agreed. I actually want him to start behind the striker against Bayern because he can DESTROY that backline with his dribbling. Mata can still be influential on the left wing. We can't be going to Bayern trying to park the bus and play on the counter, rather hit em hard and early. We should be trying to exploit their weakness first rather than trying nullify their strengths first and hope to get a goal on a counter. It's the CL final, you play to win.