Daniel Sturridge

the wes

That's because Ben Arfa is a thousand times better.

These last few months Sturridge has been woeful, if he's not going to improve we might as well sell him.

I know, what I meant was being so predictable isn't always so bad.

Also that a pretty bleak view of a young footballer. Of course he'll improve, he's only 22 for christ's sake, people talk of him as if he's a finished product. Like DYC said before, many kids like this go through such dips in form. Welbeck went on one for a while till he struck up this partnership he's got with Rooney. He's shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere in June, unless he's real adamant on leaving. Which I don't think he will be because no top club will assure him of a CF role.

Sturridge should have shown AVB more respect. Intrusting his faith in a manager who was moulding him into the 'first team'. Rather than bemoaning to the press his favoured position, even comparing himself with Henry, further stressing his desire to be a forward. Maybe his dip in form and consequential absence from the first team under RDM, will put things in perspective for him.

I still think he'll go to the Euros. If Roy's as smart as they say, he'd want to surround himself with a new type of England squad that'll trust him because of their selection. Sturridge would be an example of the national manager taking a risk, thus Sturridge will back Roy.

The problem started since Anelka left. Nico was striker once, but here recently he played as right winger and still scored lots of goals. Danny probably admired him and listened to him, but once Nico left, Dannys form has decreased.

What if we play him on the left wing? That would make it a bit more difficult for him to shoot/cut inside all the time, as he'd be doing it using his right foot. That could force him to become more of a team player, though I don't know what's going to improve his work rate.

What if we play him on the left wing? That would make it a bit more difficult for him to shoot/cut inside all the time, as he'd be doing it using his right foot. That could force him to become more of a team player, though I don't know what's going to improve his work rate.

Most of the time under DiMatteo, he has started on the left wing, except against Arsenal and N.Castle. Ironically he scored from there against QPR. The obvious con is that he might lose the mentality of a striker, but the team is more important now at this stage.

Possibly but unless he gets to the byline a lot on that LW, he's pretty much useless playing there.

It's a shame with Sturridge really. IF he can get his attitude and mentality right, he would be starting most games under RDM.

http://www.thesun.co...a-n-Torres.html

My word. Such arrogance from someone who's scored 20 league goals in 5 years. To be fair to him, though, such confidence would be brilliant if he had a head screwed the right way, which he unfortunately doesn't.

I wouldn't read to much into that as its from the sun. There are no quotes to say he thinks he should play instead of Drogba an Torres , but from the way he acts you can tell he thinks that. Nothing wrong with confidence , just need to tone it down a little.

I wouldn't read to much into that as its from the sun. There are no quotes to say he thinks he should play instead of Drogba an Torres , but from the way he acts you can tell he thinks that. Nothing wrong with confidence , just need to tone it down a little.

Agreed, confidence is fine. The problem is he needs to play as the lone ST. Enough of this RW bullshit. It won't work. Next season will be make or break for him. He has to play as a ST and show us what he can do.

He insisted: “That’s the position I will always pick myself, centre-forward.”

And added, less convincingly: “But whatever position the manager picks me in I’m happy and right now, for the team, I’m in the wide position.

“I will always give 100 per cent and work as hard as I can to get the success we all want.”

Tbh I've never heard him moan about playing on the wing. He's just saying he's a centre-forward and prefers that position. If you put Terry in midfield I'm sure he'd say the same thing.