Daniel Sturridge

the wes

If he wants to go let him go, i expect everyone here to accept it now. So try not to get mad or anything if he does leave, i know it's sad, because he's one of those rare cheap signings from us who can turn out to be world class, but we have to let this guy go. His attitude is shocking and he thinks he's it. The positive thing about it is, we can get a good amount of money for him, but known our club we will let him go for like 14 million or some shit.

His selfishness didn't matter much when he was in good form but now he's been a very frustrating player for months and I'm glad Di Matteo isn't playing him. If someone actually wants him in the summer the price is 20 mil and I'd drive him there myself. There are many players out there for that kind of money who got as much potential as Sturridge to become world class players but with a much better attitude and are actually willing to play for the team and not just themselves.

Yep at the begining of the season he was good, but he got a lot of chances on the counter attack. He didn't get much agaisnt Arsenal, but he got about 3 great oppertunities out wide and he did nothing, just took shots and was greedy. Such a frustrating player, with a big mouth and huge ego.

Sturridge's negatives have become more problematic and frustrating as his form has deserted him.

If he try's to hold the club to ransom over a new contract in the summer and Man City come in to take him back for around the £20m mark, I agree, we have to seriously consider it.

Especially considering if you sold him for £20m and could buy Hoilett AND Moses for half of that figure, both of which have similar potential to Sturridge.

Incredible reactions, I could scroll through the Torres thread and find numerous posts professing he need to be patient and now because he 'works for the team' he's accepted now into the squad. SMH.

I don't deny how incredibly bad he was today, but some of these posts about telling him to 'fuck off'. Unbelievable.

I fail to see why your surprised, its the same on here week in week out from the usual suspects

I fail to see why your surprised, its the same on here week in week out from the usual suspects

It's just awful. Sturridge is one of England's brightest prospects, and Chelsea's! Mata and himself are players that I believe are the most important and that we should be building around.

Fair criticisms of Sturridge that he is selfish and stuff, but that can all be helped by successful man management and support from the fans, if we get on the kid's back then of course he's not going to care.

Our entire 'attack' incentive today was flawed. Sturridge, Malouda, Kalou and Torres. I don't know how people can claim he's also holding us to ransom because no-one actually knows the details of the contract negotiations, there's been nothing to suggest contract talks.

Incredible reactions, I could scroll through the Torres thread and find numerous posts professing he need to be patient and now because he 'works for the team' he's accepted now into the squad. SMH.

You will also find numerous posts about him leaving in the summer...

I don't deny how incredibly bad he was today, but some of these posts about telling him to 'fuck off'. Unbelievable.

Many fans (myself included) are frustrated with Torres too but it's so obvious there's no point even whining about it anymore. That being said I want Torres to fuck off in the summer as well, if anyone even wants him...

I really do like Sturridge but I am beginning to not enjoy seeing him play a little less now. I understand why RDM benches him, his greed and selfishness is unbelievable. We really don't need that kind of player at Chelsea. I don't mind him trying and doing great skill down the right flank, but he really does take the piss. He has to start passing more, it really isn't hard and he struggles to do it.

"Fuck off" is way too harsh.

He proved a lot of potential so far. He just needs to be woke up and realize that it's not healthy for him to be this selfish. He will end up on the bench, no matter what.

He needs help. I hope RDM can educate him a little.