test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Daniel Sturridge

Started by BlueLion.,

4,150 posts in this topic

It's funny how the majority fail to realise this guy's a gem. Please give him a new contract Gourlay!

Sure, if he relents from 120k/week, that's great.

Even 70k is excessive for a guy who's scored about 25 top flight league goals in his career.

Even 70k is excessive for a guy who's scored about 25 top flight league goals in his career.

Not when we're willing to pay Hazard who hasn't played a match at Chelsea or in a top league ever and Torres who has been awful, £170,000+ a week. The problem with wage and transfer inflation is not just with making it impossible for other clubs to compete, it also drives up your own players demands and unhappiness. Is Sturridge worth 40% of Torres?

Las7 and capriccioso like this

Not when we're willing to pay Hazard who hasn't played a match at Chelsea or in a top league ever and Torres who has been awful, £170,000+ a week. The problem with wage and transfer inflation is not just with making it impossible for other clubs to compete, it also drives up your own players demands and unhappiness. Is Sturridge worth 40% of Torres?

Tell Torres to shove off and give Sturridge what he wants. Everyone's happy :)

goke likes this

I definitely don't want to see Sturridge go. But he does need to either be a) given full-striker responsibilities and/or b ) given a firm coaching hand so that he can make OTHERS AROUND HIM play BETTER (which is, as far as I'm concerned, what makes Torres still more valuable for us).

I have faith that as long as we keep him and keep RDM, we'll be in good shape :)

If Liverpool want him, they pay atleast £40m, after spending £35m on Carroll they can fuck off if they think they can have Danny for just over half that.

Liverpool wants every potential British footballer and in that case money is the least matter. :D

The problem lay when we first signed him to a professional contract, I read somewhere we started him on like £50k/week (no source here). From there it was always going to be a slippery road because that's an absurd contract for a teenager. Can't blame him for holding us to ransom tbh.

capriccioso likes this

If Liverpool want him, they pay atleast £40m, after spending £35m on Carroll they can fuck off if they think they can have Danny for just over half that.

With 1 year to run on his contract, we're not going to see much more than 15 million. I think its fairly pointless to sell him now, if Di Matteo has his heart set on selling him he would do better to give him a new contract and sell him next summer, where we can get about 25-30 million from Liverpool.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-manchester-city-tottenham-and-liverpool-887056

2 things on this story -

1. I bloody well hope rumours of a Walcott/Sturridge swap are bullshit. Sturridge has far more potential and if he went to Arsenal I can see him becoming a big success there.

2. If he does blame Chelsea and Di Matteo for not making the England squad, then that's a poor show for me. He should take it on the chin, realise the reasons why he wasn't playing and strive to make an impact next season. Robbie's choice to leave him out of the big games was ultimately vindicated. What he has got though is an opportunity next season to play games through the middle like how he has always wanted to. It's all up to him now.

capriccioso likes this

^^ that article from the mirror is quite possibly the worst but of journalism i have ever come across, if he is still in a job after that shite then im lost for words.

Blue Armour likes this

We've been hearing for months how Danny wants to quit due to lack of playing time and being played out wide when he does play. What makes absolutely no sense is that not a single destination mentioned by the dimwit journos would take care of these supposed grievances.

Citeh- take a number, they are beyond spoiled for choice at CF and SS/AM in their 4-2-3-1

Liverpool and Le Arse- He would have to play a wide role in Rodgers 4-3-3 or Whinger's 4 2 3 1

The only destination that would make any sense, cringe, would be Spuds. And if they want him, it's going to cost them a king's ransom.

With AVB rumored to be all but announced as the next Spuds manager, wouldn't surprise me at all if he wants to go there.

Of coarse, we should slap a ridiculous fee on him like the bald cunt does with his players. I'd say £70m should do it. Come get him Levy...you incompetent fuck.

Bosnian Blue, Jype and Leif like this

Only maybe considered if a swap for Modric, or swap for Bale...ah fuck it Levy and the whole football club are a bunch of vile fucks, it would have to be a swap for Modric AND Bale!

Pizy likes this

Maybe a buy one, get one free with the Spuds. They are cheap after all.

Buy a Sturridge for £50m, get a free Malouda.

They do like to think they're getting a bargain. After all Levy's reported preference in hiring AVB is believed to have something to do with no compensation to pay out!

don't see why we have to sell him though. if we do sell him, we are left with only 1 genuine striker and 1 lukaku. should hold on to him in case porto dont budge on hulk

capriccioso likes this