Daniel Sturridge

the wes

If the likes of jordan fucking henderson can be sold for 16mil, I don't see why we should settle for less than 22-25. He's English AND young so we should definitely get 20 at the very least.

Knowing our board, they'll probably sell him for 7million :doh:

We'll see nothing like that. He's only got a year left on his contract. We'll be lucky to get 8 figures for him.

Give him a new 5 year deal on current wages but with some preposterous clause, like after he plays 25 league games his wage rises to 150k, to ensure he signs it. Then send out some faxes to the bigger clubs around the continent and lets get shot of him for 25 million.

I think he lacks the professionalism and consistency to become one of the best strikers in the world, he'll probably belong to the next highest category though. I forsee a future career trajectory somewhat more like Dimitar Berbatov or Nicolas Anelka rather than Thierry Henry or Andriy Shevchenko.

We'll see nothing like that. He's only got a year left on his contract. We'll be lucky to get 8 figures for him.

If Chelsea want to keep him then they must play as a center forward for at least one game before the season ends.We have a very hectic schedule ahead of us and it would be wise to try Danny out as a center forward against a team like Wigan.

If Chelsea want to keep him then they must play as a center forward for at least one game before the season ends.We have a very hectic schedule ahead of us and it would be wise to try Danny out as a center forward against a team like Wigan.

From what I've heard, the little bugger seems to be agitating for a large contract. It's Joe Cole all over again, isn't it? He's certainly good, perhaps at the peak of his career he should be earning within 80-100k but at this age he should be on no more than 50, and if he can't accept that, Man City is that way.

From what I've heard, the little bugger seems to be agitating for a large contract. It's Joe Cole all over again, isn't it? He's certainly good, perhaps at the peak of his career he should be earning within 80-100k but at this age he should be on no more than 50, and if he can't accept that, Man City is that way.

If we can pay Torres 180k a week then he surely deserves the 80k hes asking for.

Don't think I'd actually be that bothered. I'd much prefer someone who can pass, the only reason people show patience with him here is because he is English.

Ye we would all rather that we had someone who has Sturridge's ability, pace and confidence but who also passes the ball. We don't have such a player though.

He is clearly a very talented footballer, very skillful and is probably the only player in our squad with the ability to skip past defenders on a consistent basis. His decision making is irritatingly bad, there is no denying that. Im not sure about his attitude either, it seems like every second week there is an article in a paper with Sturridge being quoted as saying how he would rather play down the centre, he is playing for a team in the quarter finals of the Champions League and a club that has been the second most successful English side of the last decade, he should play wherever the manager sees fit and be damn happy to be getting a place in the starting 11.

If the opportunity comes up in the Summer to sign a real winger with the qualities I outlined above then absolutely we should sign that player, however I think Sturridge is worth holding onto.

He has made those comments about wanting to be played up top quite a few times already this season. I've seen them 4 or 5 times at least. Idiot. Just get on with it.

Didn't know he only had another year left. Well that sucks. If he's going to be such a bitch about things then might as well sell him now for 10-15 mil rather than lose him on a free in 2013

The thing is, I honestly don't think he can play as a lone striker, not in PL at least. He is a player that thrives on spaces left by the defense and those will very hard to find down the center. For the time, he is better off on the wing.

The thing is, I honestly don't think he can play as a lone striker, not in PL at least. He is a player that thrives on spaces left by the defense and those will very hard to find down the center. For the time, he is better off on the wing.

He can play alone up top, very easily, but not with our team and our playing style. He's shown he can get off his shot almost everytime he gets the ball, good luck trying to defend against that.

He can play alone up top, very easily, but not with our team and our playing style. He's shown he can get off his shot almost everytime he gets the ball, good luck trying to defend against that.

I don't think he strong enough to be a lone striker in the PL. I think he'd get dominated by the two centerbacks. But I guess there's no way to know except by trying him there.

If there is only high crosses aimed at him he would get dominated, if you play counter attacking football or if the balls are low crosses he'd cause them all sorts of trouble due to acceleration and speed. He played as Bolton's main striker and didn't struggle too much with EPL defenders "dominating" him.

I don't think he strong enough to be a lone striker in the PL. I think he'd get dominated by the two centerbacks. But I guess there's no way to know except by trying him there.

Don't see what makes you think that he'd get dominated. He's so tricky and has so much ability with the ball at his feet. Even when he played alone up top against Blackburn this season, we passed the ball to his feet and he never lost it and always held it up very well. Of course the way we play, he's of no use because our team rarely is able to link up well with the striker unless we're sending long balls which obv he would struggle with. But in the right team, he'd be very very good.

Sturridge, alongside Mata, is the most talented member of our squad. Nothing to do with the fact he's English. We need Sturridge more than he needs us.

As almost always, I agree 100%. I can't believe there are a couple of dozens pages of hate/posts slating him while happy smiling "triers" like Kalou, Ferreira and Essien have more pages about them being underrated and criminally scapegoated.

It's like fans are more affected by smiley hat doffing faces than performances and abilities.