Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I think people are very harsh on Daniel Sturridge, he had a good game against Napoli, Sturridge for me hasn't had one bad game this season, he can get lost in games but that's because the midfield can't pass the fucking ball to the front 3. Sturridge showed pure quality made a great square but Drogba couldn't get on the end of it, it was too fast for him, Mata could of gotten it, but Cannavro was in the way and stopped him, they defended great. Sturridge played well he was just clumsy on the counter attack, made some bad decisions.

But he's still been quality this season, i don't think he gets enough credit from this forum, some people act like he plays like Kalou and Malouda, who constantly lose the ball all the time and produce nothing the whole game, Sturridge shows flair and creativity in most games, and that's great for a player who is a striker. Only thing i have to go mad about is his finishing, his finishing recently has been really off.

He's had many bad games, in fact he has still not had a good game (in my book) since Spurs away.

Our priority should always be to get this lad in a one on one situation with defenders, he breezes past players 9/10. When we had Robben we used to isolate defenders against him because we knew he would beat the defender, the same is with Sturridge. He went past Enrique and Evra like they were not even there on route to goal. He went past the Napoli fullback so easily. The reason why he is becoming so deceptive is because he has worked hard on his right foot. He's not a team player though, even though he has 7 assists.

Arsenal at home.

You asked for just one game right? plus i can't remember every single game he played badly in lol.

His movement was class in that game, but the final third was terrible, he made a good quality finish and slipped between the defenders when he scored offside. He also missed a sitter, it was a volley but still should of scored. I don't think he played bad though, he was poor in some departments but good in some. He's not like Kalou type who loses the ball constantly, that's when you have a bad game, and who does nothing all game.

And if you can't remember that's fine, but our attack against Arsenal were actually good, Lampard played good aswell, but the defence and the highline, we just got battered, by a team who is better at attacking than us.

His movement was class in that game, but the final third was terrible, he made a good quality finish and slipped between the defenders when he scored offside. He also missed a sitter, it was a volley but still should of scored. I don't think he played bad though, he was poor in some departments but good in some. He's not like Kalou type who loses the ball constantly, that's when you have a bad game, and who does nothing all game.

If every player is judged like this, then almost no one would have a bad game.

He had a shocker, and i think he was subbed early, can't remember.

Anyway like i said, he's had many bad games, more recently - West Brom, QPR, Norwich, Everton.

If every player is judged like this, then almost no one would have a bad game.

He had a shocker, and i think he was subbed early, can't remember.

Anyway like i said, he's had many bad games, more recently - West Brom, QPR, Norwich, Everton.

Those games where ones where no one could get the ball to him, Mata was quiet in those games aswell, it's the fact that the front 3 rarely get the ball, he doesn't play bad. I can't remember that game, Sturridge might of gotten taken off early but i remember him playing and he never had a shocker, infront of goal he did, and he should of squared the ball to Torres, but besides that he played decent. And if every player gets judged off that no one will have a bad game?, really?, tell that to Kalou and Malouda.

Those games where ones where no one could get the ball to him, Mata was quiet in those games aswell, it's the fact that the front 3 rarely get the ball, he doesn't play bad. I can't remember that game, Sturridge might of gotten taken off early but i remember him playing and he never had a shocker, infront of goal he did, and he should of squared the ball to Torres, but besides that he played decent. And if every player gets judged off that no one will have a bad game?, really?, tell that to Kalou and Malouda.

Kalou and Malouda are special :D

And "the front 3 rarely get the ball" disagree with this - The main striker rarely gets the ball, Torres and Drogba always have to come back deep to get it.

Mata and Sturridge get adequate enough touches, would be nice to see them played in behind defenders for a change, but they do get the ball.

Kalou and Malouda are special :D

And "the front 3 rarely get the ball" disagree with this - The main striker rarely gets the ball, Torres and Drogba always have to come back deep to get it.

Mata and Sturridge get adequate enough touches, would be nice to see them played in behind defenders for a change, but they do get the ball.

They get enough touches?, that's bull shit and you know it, the pundits are always going on about us not getting the ball to Mata enough, same goes for Sturridge, even on counter attack we can rarely get the ball to these players. Watch the typical Chelsea game what we've had this season. Like Wigan 1-1 for example, failing to get the ball to the front 3 enough, our best players are rarely on the ball, and that's not a good thing.

They get enough touches?, that's bull shit and you know it, the pundits are always going on about us not getting the ball to Mata enough, same goes for Sturridge, even on counter attack we can rarely get the ball to these players. Watch the typical Chelsea game what we've had this season. Like Wigan 1-1 for example, failing to get the ball to the front 3 enough, our best players are rarely on the ball, and that's not a good thing.

Mata should always be on the ball since he's probably the only one that can create :D but still he gets the ball anytime he's in the area.

Sturridge gets the ball enough also, although can you blame anyone for not passing to him, when he doesn't look to pass back?

Mata should always be on the ball since he's probably the only one that can create :D but still he gets the ball anytime he's in the area.

Sturridge gets the ball enough also, although can you blame anyone for not passing to him, when he doesn't look to pass back?

But you're lying these players aren't on the ball enough.

I think people are very harsh on Daniel Sturridge, he had a good game against Napoli, Sturridge for me hasn't had one bad game this season, he can get lost in games but that's because the midfield can't pass the fucking ball to the front 3. Sturridge showed pure quality made a great square but Drogba couldn't get on the end of it, it was too fast for him, Mata could of gotten it, but Cannavro was in the way and stopped him, they defended great. Sturridge played well he was just clumsy on the counter attack, made some bad decisions.

But he's still been quality this season, i don't think he gets enough credit from this forum, some people act like he plays like Kalou and Malouda, who constantly lose the ball all the time and produce nothing the whole game, Sturridge shows flair and creativity in most games, and that's great for a player who is a striker. Only thing i have to go mad about is his finishing, his finishing recently has been really off.

Nobody deny that Danny can take on any defender with his blazing speed but he just does not want to pass back and his dribbling skill is just ok.

When he get the ball he will try cut inside, Defender will show him to baseline, Danny will slow down and the next defender will double him from center but he still try to take on the defender

If he can cut inside, he always try to shoot even when he is like 10 yards beyond penalty box.

He should watch the way ashley young play, he always try to play one-two with mid/striker and he like to fake going back and then go forward.

This way he can use his speed more rather than relying on his dribbling skill.

I thought he played ok...he nearly got an assist when he whipped in a low cross that could have reached Drogba if not for some great defending.

Thing is, he's more effective when we counter-attack...but yesterday Napoli was the counter-attacking team so he couldn't do much.

yeah he did play ok. A couple of great crosses, notably the one for Drogba a minute after the goal.

But defensively he was poor at times. The Cavani chance before our goal (where he slid into the cross/shot from Hamsik and the ball hit the side netting) was his mistake. Firstly he tried to do a stepover kinda thing and gave the ball away. Then a few seconds later he pulled out of a challenge which allowed Napoli to counter.

He needlessly tries to do tricks sometimes and when they don't come off, they can be very costly. He'll learn though. But his attitude really needs to improve.