Daniel Sturridge

the wes

"I

'm here training in pre-season and looking forward to the start of the new season, where I can show everybody what I am capable of doing."

Sturridge is adamant he is happy to fight for a place and demonstrate his goalscoring ability to Villas-Boas.

He said: "It is the same in every team around the world. Every striker has got to fight for their place and it is no different here."

Sturridge added: "It is a thing every striker has got to be prepared to do. There are no guarantees in football at any club.

"It doesn't matter whether you are a star or not a star, you have to show the manager what you are capable of doing. Every season is a new season.

"The past is the past, in my opinion, so everyone has got to fight for their place."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7050520,00.html

His attitude never ceases to amaze despite being constantly dumped away by the club .

Really believe it was Carlo who sanctioned him out on loan while expertly instigating a record deadline day bid for Torres ? Carlo had 4 strings hooked on his arms and shoulders , the entire time .

Carlo didn't exactly play him during the course of the season anyway. And with another forward coming in, it made sense to send him on loan for more first team opportunities.

Carlo didn't exactly play him during the course of the season anyway. And with another forward coming in, it made sense to send him on loan for more first team opportunities.

While there have been instances I've been dumbfounded when Kalou has been picked ahead of Sturridge - who was on form during the Cup games and reserves etc , the acquisition of another central striker by the club would be deterrent to a young player's hopes . The smart thing to do then was of course , sending him on loan which worked wonders . Here's hoping he gets a run out this season . If its more of the same frontline - he's certain to go out on loan again ., that'll show Sturridge of our faith in him , even after performing well .

Would be really stupid if we let Sturridge go out on loan again! I thought he did excellently well during the Asia Trophy. However, Kalou and Anelka are ahead of him in the pecking order sadly <_<

Would love it if Sturridge could push out someone like Kalou, but I have a weird feeling that I don't see it happening

Boas just needs to play him more... give him a few games under his belt. Then Sturridge can prove to everyone that Boas was right to keep him. He reminds me of the time when we had SWP down the right. He's very quick, likes to trick defenders and isn't shy of a goal!

Would be really stupid if we let Sturridge go out on loan again! I thought he did excellently well during the Asia Trophy. However, Kalou and Anelka are ahead of him in the pecking order sadly <_<

Would love it if Sturridge could push out someone like Kalou, but I have a weird feeling that I don't see it happening

Why do you think Anelka and Kalou are ahead of him?

AVB has given no such indication from my understanding, based on preseason Sturridge has looked much better then Anelka and Kalou.

AVB has given no such indication from my understanding, based on preseason Sturridge has looked much better then Anelka and Kalou.

Totally agree :yes: just give him a chance

So happy the whole 'experience over quality' policy seems to be gone.