Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Bad man-managment from AVB there methinks.

Agreed, unless the same rule applies to all and the likes of Anelka, Malouda, Bosingwa are sent packing if they don't perform well on the tour.

Edited by Madmax

Way to put pressure on him in what are essentially meaningless games. %28N%29.gif

Exactly. Have you noticed that Sturridge tries too hard to prove his quality whenever he plays for Chelsea which could explain why he flourished at Bolton as he wasn't faced with the pressure of fighting for a place with the likes of Drogba,Torres,Anelka and Kalou while on loan. he simply played without restrictions at bolton and that's the problem most of our youngsters including Kakuta faces.

What annoys me the most is not the fact Sturridge might be leaving (that still annoys me a lot) but what grates my gears is the single figure sums getting discussed (IE Stoke for £6m).

He is better than fucking Carroll so as far as im concerned if Danny leaves for anything less than £40m i will be livid.

Edited by Tomo-91

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7044847,00.html

Maybe he wants to decide if he is going to use him on that right side or whatever.

I don't see anything bad in what Andre has said.

It's the same for everyone, he has 15 or so days to make the decision about every player.

Way to put pressure on him in what are essentially meaningless games. %28N%29.gif

Disagree with you.

Don't think he's exerting that much pressure on Sturridge that isn't placed on anyone else. He's made it clear we're looking in the market at players who become available, so in a sense, everyone's place is under threat. No doubt the likes of Anelka, Malouda & Kalou will also be closely watched. But they will be watched to figure if they're leaving for good or not.

Villas-Boas praised Sturridge's future on the other hand. He realised the kid's potential and implied he's a very much part of his long-term plans. I think it's great encouragement for Sturridge.

AvB's full quotes re Sturridge and transfer activity in general :

"I am still evaluating things at the moment. It is not that I have to change things radically and I will take it step by step.

"I think it is pretty obvious that we will go into the market at one time or the other but not with radical changes to the team. The team will keep itself (together) and most of the players."

"This is one of the decisions we have to take," Villas-Boas added.

"Daniel is a very, very interesting player with a tremendous future. The individual is highly regarded by myself.

"I have 15 days in Asia to make the best decision and I need those four games to continue to assess.

"When we get back from Asia we have a week running into the Rangers game and I think from then on a decision will have to be taken to be ready for the first game of the season.

"Then again it does not mean that we won't be active after that, because the market always gets very frenetic in the last days and you never know what will happen."

Asked if the players feel that their performances in pre-season will determine their role and future at Chelsea he answered: "No, I don't think so. I think the opposite because I gave them that flexibility from the beginning.

"Normally people would expect you to arrive at Chelsea and make radical changes and we are taking everything on board and making the right decisions.

"Again our arrival is much more about freeing these players and finding their talent rather than making radical changes."