Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Wait a minute guys... Why are you so worried for Sturridge because of Torres ? At the moment, Sturridge is way better than Torres. Any sane coach would play Sturridge instead of Torres.

At least, in my mind, Sturridge is my striker for next season.

Are you joking or what? And you are talking about sanity.

There's the crucial word ;)

This is really disrespectful.

Are you joking or what? And you are talking about sanity.

This is really disrespectful.

Yeah :clown:

And yeah, I'm talking about sanity. I'm wrong to think you suggest that I am insane ?

ps : And why what LDN has said is disrespectful ?

I don't want Sturridge back with us if it just means we'll play him out of position on the wing in order to accommodate the 'bigger' name/s.

His time is now, he has to start more often than not, and it has to be as a striker, none of this winger bullshit.

Sturridge - Games or gone

Daniel Sturridge has warned parent club Chelsea that he will be forced to look elsewhere if he is not a first-team regular next season.

The 21-year-old striker has proven his Premier League pedigree during a loan spell at Bolton, notching eight goals in 11 appearances since his arrival in January.

That return is considerably better than the combined efforts of those still at Stamford Bridge, with Fernando Torres, Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka all struggling for form.

Sturridge, who will see out the campaign with the Trotters, hopes his efforts at the Reebok Stadium will convince Chelsea that he is worthy of a starting role in 2011/12.

It remains to be seen whether he will be granted that wish, with there still some confusion as to who will be in charge of the capital giants next term.

The England U21 international has made it clear, though, to whoever is at the helm that he expects to be given games or he will seek another move.

"I want to play first-team football regularly for Chelsea Football Club," Sturridge told Sky Sports News HD.

Important

"I love the club. I have been at the club now for a year-and-a-half and have been on loan at Bolton. I love playing football for Chelsea.

"I don't want to say I am going to leave the club, I want to play regularly, but for me next season it is very important to play first-team football.

"I want to play at Chelsea but if the chances don't come at Chelsea, then I will have to look elsewhere."

Pressed on whether he would look for another loan deal or a permanent switch, Sturridge added: "Whatever Chelsea's decision is. It's not for me to make that decision.

"The only decision I can make is that I want to play first-team football and that's the one that I choose to take. First-team football is very important for me next season."

While Sturridge has found himself deemed surplus to requirements by the Blues this season, he insists the 2010/11 campaign has been a productive one on the whole.

He said: "It's not frustrating at all. I'm enjoying my time at Bolton, it's been going great. I love playing for Chelsea Football Club and there is nothing else to say."

Another one bites the dust.

The dust hasn't been bitten... yet,

And i firmly believe that Sturridge would be given the chances if the right people were to leave in the summer. It all comes down to wether Anelka pisses off to MLS or not, imo.

Danny Boy Sturridge was kinda making a ultimatum to the club about playing first team footie. It was sorta like a line in the sand. Guess he doesn't want to end up like Borini. However w/ Chelsea you need to have a bit of tact. Just ask Ray Wilkins.

--------------------Cech--------------------

--Ivanovic-------Luiz--Terry----------Cole

---------Playmaker--Ramirez

------------------Lamps

---Studge-------Torres-------Neymar

So whats the Problem? Sturridge has no chance in hell to start as a no.9. Arnesen said the following about Studge

""We also told him he has the talent and capacity to play out wide because he is very quick, explosive and can dribble and take a man on. But he is a goalscorer and that is why I said probably it would be good for him to play on the right side because he can come in and shoot.

"Playing wide gives him more chance to play at the highest level. He will probably say he is a number nine and will play central in the future but if we need him for some reason playing wide he already knows how to play there.

"Absolutely he is a goalscorer,' Arnesen emphasises. 'He doesn't need a lot of chances and he arrives in good positions.""

Anyone else a bit doubtful about his future here , if Drogba and anelka stay there is no chance he will get in the starting 11 even though he deserves it more. I am a great admirer of Drogba but i don’t think he will accept a bench role.

Anyone else a bit doubtful about his future here , if Drogba and anelka stay there is no chance he will get in the starting 11 even though he deserves it more. I am a great admirer of Drogba but i don't think he will accept a bench role.

If Sturridge is frozen out once again because we'd rather play Anelka and Drogba, we don't deserve to have him. Simple as. Drogba and Anelka should be in the history books now while Sturridge writes new glorious chapters. His time is now.

Anyone else a bit doubtful about his future here , if Drogba and anelka stay there is no chance he will get in the starting 11 even though he deserves it more. I am a great admirer of Drogba but i don't think he will accept a bench role.

I feel sure Anelka will leave this summer.