Daniel Sturridge

the wes

An excellent display from Sturridge against a big team, it had it all, showed his speed, his skill, his strenght and his positioning. A couple of his passes (both to set up Lee) were sublime by any standard, his outside the foot flick to Lee was what won the corner from which he scored, second half he then won a penalty, his hold uo play throughout was excellent too. He offers something different than anything we have, he has a trick, he has blistering speed and he can take players on. The reason why a Sturride/Torres partnership could work was on display today, he can play off the main striker, drop deep and even drift out wide and create from their and still get goal scoring opportunities, he absolutely must start next season, a hugely talented player.

I was watching the game while doing my homeworks, so I didn't watch every single minutes of the game, but I though he was brilliant today. 7 goals in 9 games, it's very good. I guess we can claim that this loan spell is a success ! Such a shame we didn't play him when we were lacking goals !

Just seen MOTD, the way Sturridge turned Djourou was class made him look like a school boy.

Can't wait to see him back at the bridge next season, if he's givin games he will score it's as simple as that.

Spot on. I just watched extended highlights and even his passes through the opposite defence are quality. That could be something for Torres.

"I think I've done the boys at Chelsea a bit of a favour. I'm sure I'll be getting a few texts.

"At the moment I'm just pleased to help Bolton but to be able to help my actual club too is great.

"I think this result makes it a two-horse race. It's between Chelsea and Manchester United now.

"It's going to be a tense four games but hopefully Chelsea will take the title."

He added: "I was delighted to see Torres get his first goal.

"I hope I can get to double figures for Bolton. It would be amazing."

full story

I am really looking forward to seeing him in Chelsea shirt again.

Spot on. I just watched extended highlights and even his passes through the opposite defence are quality. That could be something for Torres.

The only thing is that he was passing into space behind the back four, when we play it doesn't exist. Still quality passing from him though.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, If Drogba stays and we bring in Neymar, Sturridge has no chance. Instead of have him rot on the bench I would love to see him do well for an entire season at Bolton. And bring him back for the season after next to forge a front three in the name of Torres, Studge and Neymar with Kalou ofcourse as the sub ;)

Well, If Drogba stays and we bring in Neymar, Sturridge has no chance. Instead of have him rot on the bench I would love to see him do well for an entire season at Bolton. And bring him back for the season after next to forge a front three in the name of Torres, Studge and Neymar with Kalou ofcourse as the sub ;)

Sending Sturridge back to Bolton next season would be a major insult, and deflating for Sturridge.

He's proved his worth, now it’s time for the club to make some big decisions.