Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I knew from the moment we sold him to Livershit he was gonna come back and kick our sorry asses when we faced them...did really well yesterday.

I have no hate for him, still :D , he earned his shot at Chelsea 3x more then Torres yet didn't get it, so it's normal to be unhappy. If he was a kind of person to accept that kind of situation he was in, I doubt he would reach this level in his career.

I'm sorry it didn't work out...

I don't understand why people are angry about people posting about Sturridge? If you don't want to read anything positive about him why come to this thread in the first place when you know it's inevitable after he basically changed the game for Pool?

I don't understand why people are angry about people posting about Sturridge? If you don't want to read anything positive about him why come to this thread in the first place when you know it's inevitable after he basically changed the game for Pool?

I think people are taking it as an opportunity not just to bash the club for making a decision to sell a player, but also to bash fans who didn't rate this player in the first place.

Constantly living in the past and crying over spilt milk is what Liverpool fans do. We sold him, he had a good game against us but our future is bright without him. We have Lukaku.

I think people are taking it as an opportunity not just to bash the club for making a decision to sell a player, but also to bash fans who didn't rate this player in the first place.

Constantly living in the past and crying over spilt milk is what Liverpool fans do. We sold him, he had a good game against us but our future is bright without him. We have Lukaku.

Well, you know that's exactly going to happen after he has a blinder against us, it's inevitable, you can say it as many times as you want but that won't change people's opinion. Yeah, our future's bright, we've got Lukaku but selling Sturridge was a mistake and yesterday's game was a reminder. It isn't the end of the world at all but ideally he should still be a CFC; obviously circumstances regarding our striker options (Torres) didn't allow that.

People have a right to criticise the club's bad move after he had a great game against us, especially after the stick he got despite rarely playing up front and his supposed "attitude" (even though he didn't celebrate his goal and even though the CFC fans gave him stick whilst he was warming up).

People took the opportunity to trash talk about Sturridge at almost every opportunity here, so I don't see what's wrong with people acknowledging his efforts yesterday tbh.

No West Brom have Lukaku, we have Torres and Ba, Ba is an situation similar to Sturridge - "rested" for next weekend while that Ghost plays 96 minutes doing fuck all. If we had sold Sturridge while having better players in the squad to replace him I'd understand but we have the biggest flop of all time playing for us and you rationalize it with the amount we paid for him. There is no rationalizing stupidity - when you make a mistake you rectify it. You don't start a season hoping that mistake would miraculously turn into World Beater.

Sturridge has 6 goals in the League in 900 minutes TOTAL, Torres has 7 goals in the League in 2375 minutes TOTAL

Daniel has in a short time scored against us; City and United being MOTM against us and City, Torres has never been MOTM for us in the League in a big clash, this season in 2375 minutes he has one goal against a top 5 side and that was in September against Arsenal.

Well, you know that's exactly going to happen after he has a blinder against us, it's inevitable, you can say it as many times as you want but that won't change people's opinion. Yeah, our future's bright, we've got Lukaku but selling Sturridge was a mistake and yesterday's game was a reminder. It isn't the end of the world at all but ideally he should still be a CFC; obviously circumstances regarding our striker options (Torres) didn't allow that.

People have a right to criticise the club's bad move after he had a great game against us, especially after the stick he got despite rarely playing up front and his supposed "attitude" (even though he didn't celebrate his goal and even though the CFC fans gave him stick whilst he was warming up).

People took the opportunity to trash talk about Sturridge at almost every opportunity here, so I don't see what's wrong with people acknowledging his efforts yesterday tbh.

I can understand certain fans doing that.

But I also noticed that this thread has been kinda dead since February. In the intervening time he's been relatively quiet and some of the murmurings from the Liverpool fans have come close to what we said about him.

Did any of the people who criticised him laud it over the fans who praised him? No. They let sleeping dogs lie. But as soon as there's a sniff of their being an opportunity for his supporters to do the opposite the usual suspects pop up and they loved it.

I can understand certain fans doing that.

But I also noticed that this thread has been kinda dead since February. In the intervening time he's been relatively quiet and some of the murmurings from the Liverpool fans have come close to what we said about him.

Did any of the people who criticised him laud it over the fans who praised him? No. They let sleeping dogs lie. But as soon as there's a sniff of their being an opportunity for his supporters to do the opposite the usual suspects pop up and they loved it.

Don't come in here then if it upsets ya ;):)

We sold him, he had a good game against us but our future is bright without him. We have Lukaku.

Our future might be bright but our present is far from it. Our present and even future might have been, actually no, scratch that... would have definitely been much brighter with him and without the useless one. We are probably the only club in the world that prefers cancer over a potential cure.

Our future might be bright but our present is far from it. Our present and even future might have been, actually no, scratch that... would have definitely been much brighter with him and without the useless one. We are probably the only club in the world that prefers cancer over a potential cure.

I would prefer if we had kept Sturridge over Torres, but the reality was that we couldn't get rid of him. Why would a club spend £20 million+ on a striker who costs at least £100,000 p/w in wages but doesn't seem able to score consistently anymore?

We had to give him chances to regain his form and that meant Danny didn't get as many chances, although he still did get chances and wasn't the world beater some seem to think he is. Add the fact that he was on an expiring contract and a team came in with a large bid for him and you have an unfortunate situation. It wasn't the worst bit of business we've done, but it's become a situation that some people are wasting too many tears on and others are wasting too much time on trying to rationalise.

It happened. He left. He moved on. We'll move on. But if he has another game like yesterday this season, I'd be surprised.

Inevitably had a good game against us, but my opinion about him has not changed one bit. He is far from a world class player and won't ever be. But he is certainly better than Torres and was treated very unfairly by the club. The lack of minutes he got this season were disgraceful. We made a mistake in selling him and keeping Torres. Bottom line is, had we sold our other striker like we should, we would have picked up 3 points yesterday.

I would prefer if we had kept Sturridge over Torres, but the reality was that we couldn't get rid of him. Why would a club spend £20 million+ on a striker who costs at least £100,000 p/w in wages but doesn't seem able to score consistently anymore?

We had to give him chances to regain his form and that meant Danny didn't get as many chances, although he still did get chances and wasn't the world beater some seem to think he is. Add the fact that he was on an expiring contract and a team came in with a large bid for him and you have an unfortunate situation. It wasn't the worst bit of business we've done, but it's become a situation that some people are wasting too many tears on and others are wasting too much time on trying to rationalise.

It happened. He left. He moved on. We'll move on. But if he has another game like yesterday this season, I'd be surprised.

It's true what you say, in a nutshell "what's done is done, move on".. but we are an internet forum, we discuss things, including the things that are done but don't agree with. Turning the other cheek or closing our eyes just because we can't do anything about it would defeat the purpose of an online community.

Anyway, Torres was given enough time to regain his "form". Talking about form, we've seen his best form, it was just before this Liverpool game. It's his ceiling, he has no class anymore.

It's pretty obvious Torres has stuck around only because of financial reasons, so it might make sense to the board to have him around, but average Joes like myself don't see it that way. We're probably naive, but we believe that shit players should be let go and better players should be kept. When that doesn't happen, there's wide discontent. Sturridge's performance reminded us what kind of potential we have lost for monetary reasons, his 45 minutes against us was better than what Torres has ever played for us.

In short, I can see your reasoning, it's cold and rational. But you have to understand that many people thrive on emotions and you can't deny that what we saw yesterday, the stark contrast between their ex-player and our ex-player, was enough to cause uproar.

Inevitably had a good game against us, but my opinion about him has not changed one bit. He is far from a world class player and won't ever be. But he is certainly better than Torres and was treated very unfairly by the club. The lack of minutes he got this season were disgraceful. We made a mistake in selling him and keeping Torres. Bottom line is, had we sold our other striker like we should, we would have picked up 3 points yesterday.

Agreed, but that was not an option... we got no offer for Torres, and will no get one anytime soon, considering his wages and form.

We did get an offer for Sturridge, who was not going to sign a new deal, unless promised a more important role, rotation/first team? I don't have the insider info though. Perhaps other reasons drove us to sell him, that tackle on Bertrand was weird...

Agreed, but that was not an option... we got no offer for Torres, and will no get one anytime soon, considering his wages and form.

We did get an offer for Sturridge, who was not going to sign a new deal, unless promised a more important role, rotation/first team? I don't have the insider info though. Perhaps other reasons drove us to sell him, that tackle on Bertrand was weird...

Agree that we're stuck with Torres, but when Danny was still here we should have chosen our main striker based on ability not reputation. Danny deserved that starting spot.

I was always a fan of Sturridge and seeing him leave frustrated me to no end.

When he played for us this season, his link up play was good, he was dangerous with his pace and showed enthusiasm. Much more than Torres has for us.

He has always been respectful towards us (and City), and the stick he got/still gets is unfair on him.

Other than Rooney, I'd place him as Englands best striker.

Lukaku > Sturridge.

Danny had a point to prove against us, and by scoring, he made it. Fair play to him for not celebrating as well, especially considering how frustrating his time with us was. He has a chance to grow as a player at Liverpool, and good luck to him.