Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Why would he want to stay when he could not start over a shit striker like Torres. We really correct to sell him, yeah and he scores and creates and an assist while the guy who he could not crazily replace in our team, played a 90 min and was fuckin garbage.

Therefore, he was shipped out for 12m. Money were used on BA, a better striker.

Torres should have gone, not Sturridge.

Should have gone where? I don't think Liverpool came to us and said we need a striker and we'll pay what you want, and we asked if they wanted the white one or the black one.

Torres earns a lot of money. He's also not very good. Other teams see this, so why would they be in a rush to buy him? We're stuck with him for the foreseeable future so you can either let this giant drain on your resources rot or you give him EVERY chance to succeed, even if it costs you in the short-term.

Unfortunately he didn't get better. But at no point in time was it a straight choice between Sturridge and Torres as players - there are massive financial and commercial aspects involved.

Torres should have gone, not Sturridge.

How was that possible ? I hope you remember how much Chelsea paid for Torres.

The team could not off load him anywhere, then. Therefore, the choice was obvious. Much better to cash 12m then having Sturridge distracting others.

since people "seem" to be so enlightened on all the financial aspects of the club, tell me how much is chelsea going to be losing by not playing in the CL next season, by not getting high quality players due to lack of CL, one of the best coach in the world.

and compare it with exactly how much we would have lost financially had we done the right thing and sold torres.

also explain to me exactly what would have happened if we had just let torres go without thinking of the financial implications. answer is - FFP would have screwed us and we could not play CL for a season, is not that what seems most probable now?

Predicted he would score against us today and he did. So inevitable! At least he didn't celebrate the goal though.

On the other hand, this is a poor poor challenge on Bertrand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGFfJwjgFw&feature=youtu.be

Have seen so many of this lately and most have gone unpunished! :rant:

Sturridge isn't that good. Calm down, he scored so what.

Other than providing the assist for the equalizer, being generally unplayable, and hitting a shot that rebounded off the crossbar? .... :rolleyes:

Anyway, there's no point in crying over spilt milk. He's gone and he will play against us again in the future. I'm just happy he had the decency to not celebrate his goal against us.

Other than providing the assist for the equalizer, being generally unplayable, and hitting a shot that rebounded off the crossbar? .... :rolleyes:

Anyway, there's no point in crying over spilt milk. He's gone and he will play against us again in the future. I'm just happy he had the decency to not celebrate his goal against us.

So what he had a good game. Scott Sinclair had a good against us last season. Jack Cork had a good against us recently when Soton won 2-1. Players tend to play better against their old clubs to prove a point.

Sturridge was one of England's best striking prospects.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't get enough game time to showcase his skills.

I'm kinda glad he left Chelsea, he was always treated badly. At least at Liverpool, Rodgers is using him properly.

Players tend to play better against their old clubs to prove a point.

The thing is that Sturridge doesn't have to prove anything more than he already has. We all know what he is capable of and that it was a mistake to let him go. I agree though that there is no point bitching about it, just accept it, move on and just hope that our fucking useless board gets the boot.

Compared to who? Ronaldo? Messi? You might be right...

Compare him with Torres though.

On a more serious note; anyone who cannot see the potential and skill Danny has is clearly blind. Chelsea has hindered him alot, he will flourish at Liverpool and in a year or two Im sure he will be one of the best strikers in the PL