Daniel Sturridge

the wes

What do you mean IF? He scores lots of goals for us when he was a regular starter on the wing. He's more natural as a striker so why wouldnt he bang in goals when he gets the chances to?

Nothing is certain. He is human and prone to failure as much as anyone. You're acting like I said that he won't score, I did not say that. I said "if" which implies a chance for success and a chance for failure.

Nothing is certain. He is human and prone to failure as much as anyone. You're acting like I said that he won't score, I did not say that. I said "if" which implies a chance for success and a chance for failure.

He wont fail. It's the curse of the "relationship" Chelsea-Liverpool.

Sturridge wasn't good enough to displace Drogba/Anelka/Shevchenko/whoever else was at the club when he was from the striking role upfront. He clearly didn't play good enough on his small marginal chances he got upfront to displace Torres upfront either. Stop with the he never got a chance, because he did actually get a chance. He never showed anything great up top as a lone striker so he's getting moved on due to his persistence in wanting to play there when hes not good enough. The club obviously know more than we do.

He had that good half a season but then you remember the shit year hes had since then. Half a good season of consistent performances isn't good enough - as it isn't with Torres good 2 months then shitness for 6 months or whatever.

In a season where we finished 6th in the league and had our worst squad for years

Here come the excuses that belittle any achievement Sturridge has done. Why can people not admit that he was good? Does this mean whatever good Mata did last season is negligible? Is it really that hard to give Sturridge credit that you have to come up with all these excuses.

Some said he was only on form for 6 months - he was on form for 12. 3rd highest English scorer in 2012. Of course he wouldn't displace Drogba and Anelka when he was starting on the right, and this season, people don't seem to understand he was injured, and then act as if it's somehow his fault.

You can literally count the amount of times Sturridge has played lone striker by minutes.

At the Olympics - 3 starts, 2 goals

For Chelsea - 195 minutes(in 3 apps), 1 goal (apparently that if a sufficient range to judge someone's ability)

Playing as a striker, though not necessarily lone, for Chelsea and Bolton - 17 appearances, 15 goals.

So doing goals to appearances as any type of striker, 23 appearances, 18 goals. Not good enough, of course.