Daniel Sturridge

the wes

'After I scored a couple of goals against Ipswich in the third round of the FA Cup the other week, I was hoping to be involved a bit more,' said Sturridge.

'But I have played just three minutes since then so I haven’t really had a fair crack of the whip.

'It’s going to be a difficult to go back to Chelsea with Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and now Fernando Torres there.

'But I believe in myself and I believe in my ability.

'I’m not worried about Torres coming. I think it’s great that there is healthy competition.'

'It was a surprise when I first heard about the move on Sunday night,' added Sturridge.

'But I’m an ambitious guy and I’m happy I’m here because the most important thing for me is to start playing regular first team football.

'It was said that Chelsea were offering me to Liverpool but that wasn’t the case. Chelsea told me from day one that I wasn’t going to be involved in any deal with Torres.

'When people were putting my name as part of the deal I was quite surprised.'

Got to feel sorry for him. He did deserve more minutes for us this season as every time he came on he looked dangerous. He's shown a good attitude though in his comments, look forward to him playing more next season.

Also lol at how he only mentioned Anelka, Drogba and Torres as competition and not Kalou. :lol:

Got to feel sorry for him. He did deserve more minutes for us this season as every time he came on he looked dangerous. He's shown a good attitude though in his comments, look forward to him playing more next season.

Also lol at how he only mentioned Anelka, Drogba and Torres as competition and not Kalou. :lol:

Danny needs to work on improving his right foot ...A winger can get away with being one footed but a striker can't. Should take the example of golfers

who work so hard on their weaknesses ... An extra hour a day just working with his right foot would make a tremendous difference. Apart ftrom that

he has so much to offer.