Daniel Sturridge

the wes

We are going to end up regretting this!

Agree if these transfer rumors are true. We are already short on strikers. Now we have the Busy Holiday Period upon us. Isn't Moses going to play in the ACN? So we will be left w/ the hit & miss Torres & unproven youngster in Piazon. Not a recipe of success IMHO nope.gif & for all you people thinking either Falcao or Llorente, both are cup-tied in the Europa Liga. Again, to me this transfer makes no sense.

Such a shame.

This bit of buisness is going to haunt us for seasons to come.

What i want to happen (but won't): we bring back Lukaku, and play him like west brom have (super sub/starts every now and then). he's a good player, and yes he's only 19, but he's better than Torres... and what better way to develop a player than to play him in the team he will be playing with in the long term...

Another thing: We buy Falcao. gooood. Sell Torres, if not he can just put up with the reduction in game time. if we do sell Torres we should get Walcott or someone else half decent on the cheap.

OR we try to buy Falcao, fail, dont recall Lukaku and panic buy an average striker for 50m.

Danny deserves gametime, but its a shame he couldnt be happy in the role he was in. (he needed ot make some sub appearances and some more starts though, the lack of game time he got was unbelievable, especially with the form of Torres...)

Agree if these transfer rumors are true. We are already short on strikers. Now we have the Busy Holiday Period upon us. Isn't Moses going to play in the ACN? So we will be left w/ the hit & miss Torres & unproven youngster in Piazon. Not a recipe of success IMHO nope.gif & for all you people thinking either Falcao or Llorente, both are cup-tied in the Europa Liga. Again, to me this transfer makes no sense.

Falcao hasn't played in the Europa League this year has he?

To me this suggests a deal for a replacement is fairly advanced.

We are going to end up regretting this!

That's what I said when Jon Harley left.

I really don't feel all that bothered by him leaving. I've seen us let plenty of players go and some have upset me but this one strikes me as a bit of good business.

The idea of Danny Sturridge is a lot more appealing than the reality and he seems to have become a world-beater in his time on the sidelines.

its a common trait with our players ,,,they become better when they don't play ....perhaps we should try Malouda ...or bring back Kalou :ph34r:

No believe me, don't read anything into that. Atletico would of had no idea we would drop into the Europa League. He is their most valuable player and they left him out of the squad altogether to save him for more important matches or the latter stages of the Europa League. They always were going to do that and their plan worked as they went through to the next round.

As long as his replacement is a proven goalscorer, I can't see how we would truly regret this transfer, as it would be an upgrade on Danny.

He doesn't want to play second fiddle to Torres/whoever else and I respect that. He's young and ambitious and that's fine, he deserves playing time and we can't guarantee that to an unproven player (which is ultimately why our youth policy fails in general) when the club demands instant success.

I don't think he'll become a world-class striker at Liverpool because they won't be competing on the major European front for at least a couple of years but he has the talent and confidence to make it as a decent PL goalscorer... The comparisons between Defoe I think are just.

Well did you at least notice Alti regulars like Turan, Godin, Courtois haven't appeared in Europa either?

I guess not

As for Sturridge? I have felt for a long time if he wants to fulfill his potential he has to leave Chelsea. Really do believe in his talent and he will do fine at Livepool.

Good luck and i hope he proves his doubters wrong.