Daniel Sturridge

the wes

If he really is going to liverpool(fuckin scum) i dont want to see him playing for chelsea again! And i cant see him playing CF there!

I am pretty sure he is going. And i can definitely see him playing up there just in front of suarez and he will probably do really well.

Really pissed of that we are losing a big English talent. He got into double figures from a position that is not his desired spot but he produced moments of excellence last season. At this stage last season he was in the form of his life, Chelsea fans enjoyed watching him play and he was our best player along with Mata this stage last season. So disappointing. He provided numerous amount of assists as well for those who claim he is selfish. Liverpool's gain is our loss, now they have two of the brightest young English prospects in their attacking lineup in Sturridge and Sterling. DAMN!

Falcao, Sturridge, Lukaku just makes so much more sense then Falcao, Torres/new striker, and Lukaku. Sturridge is not on 170k a week and is a good player(clubs will go for him) so unfortunately (for me) the easiest one to get rid of. Also unlucky with injuries. If it weren't for injuries I'd bet he'd be starting, scoring, maybe frustrating, but all in all better then Torres.

Word on the internet (The Times) is he was due to undergo a medical today at Liverpool but it has been postponed because of a slight delay in negotiations. Find it hard to believe because we have a game today and Sturridge is likely to be there...

Don't know what to think about this transfer, should it even happen of course. On one hand this is a player nearing the end of his contract who has score only five goals in the year 2012 and has also been injured for a few months. Also, most of the time he has played his attitude has been questionable to say the least. On the other hand I can understand his frustrations because he has had to sit on the bench and watch the ladyboy playing like shit but still get picked game after game. No one can deny that Sturridge should have played more and given the chance he could have easily outscored Torres but still, £12m for a player like this isn't half bad and it allows us to invest more in the January window. I'll reserve my judgement about this sale until we know who the player replacing Sturridge is. If it's someone I have wanted for a long time, losing Danny will be much easier to accept but if we're stuck with the ladyboy I'm not happy, not at all.

So Robben's defensive qualities are underrated now, I've read all I needed to read from you. You're obviously having a laugh at my expense

Honestly stop being a cock and just shut up. You're arguing against everything I say for the sakes of it.

I don't know if you watched Chelsea in 2004-05 and 2005-06 but Robben and Duff did a lot of hard work defensively. Spike said it a few pages back that Robben was very different back in the day and he was, at Real he seemed to stay up the pitch rather than come back and then from there he didn't defend as often.

The problem with Sturridge is that, in my opinion, he's much better as a winger than as a centre forward. After last summer's signings we do have quality on the flanks, but now we need a proper striker to score those important goals. Sturridge has got a few chances to play in the middle, but his attributes doesn't suit that role.

The problem with Sturridge is that, in my opinion, he's much better as a winger than as a centre forward. After last summer's signings we do have quality on the flanks, but now we need a proper striker to score those important goals. Sturridge has got a few chances to play in the middle, but his attributes doesn't suit that role.

How much has he played as CF though? He did great in Bolton and had like 1-2 shots as CF for Chelsea this season after he was injured, so his finishing was poor but his movement was alot better than Torres'.

The problem is that he hasnt been given enough time as CF, and not enough time on the pitch at all lately, that you cannot really say that he is better as winger than as CF. In any way, he is better than Torres. I would chose Danny over Torres any day of the week, during ANY circumstances.