Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Hmm maybe a difference in footballing opinion I don't want my Striker tracking back I want him on the half-way line keeping 2 defenders occupied and stopping back passes... Mata is not a striker, he should track back!!!

Hmm lots of strikers fail to score relatively easy chances? Torres, RvP for United etc - surely you have to agree that a good player gets himself in a place to score before missing? Some players need a run of games to get match sharp, I think Danny is like that. He does create opportunities though... And as you said can score some blinding goals.

Rumours spread like crazy - if there have been no hard facts it's just rumour - probably started by Torres when he realised he might have competition for his place.

Well looks like this a moot point as every 'rumour' lol suggests he's off - I hope he isn't - Falcao showing him the ropes would be awesome...

Torres is a useless cunt BUT if you believe he started the Sturridge rumours .....WELL :fainthv9:

Cleverly is a decent player IMHO and is getting better and better season by season.

Anderson - can you really blame Fergie? If Anderson was unhappy about it, surely he would leave or at least ask for a transfer?

Don't know much about Pogba - but will say Italian league and EPL very different, more time on the ball in Serie A... Some players need that extra time to be good - some don't - maybe that's what Fergie and his assistants saw in training day in day out?

Can't polish every turd into gold :)

Hope we can with some strikers in Jan tho! :)

Two new strikers and a CM = good January!

Also on Anderson, Fergie tried turning him into a box to box midfielder I think rather than the attacking midfielder he was before, basically restricted him and he got injured a lot. Can be blamed on poor use of the player and maybe unluckiness too.

Think it won't be long before Pogba ends up back in the PL, can see someone eventually wanting him whether its United, City, us (linked with him last January actually), Arseholes or Spuds. Just depends on whether Juve dry up like Milan/Inter in recent years.

Our fullbacks were horribly exposed under AVB due to no tracking back from either Juan or Danny. This was well documented last season!

His finishing isn't great compared to a few strikers as he fails to score relatively easy chances. He put harder chances away and then fluffed easier ones.

Yes its just a rumor but one I've read several times so surely they must be repeating that for a reason no, surely he must have some sort of attitude problem? Surely their must be some sort of source or hard facts behind it!

Our fullbacks would have been horribly exposed when we had Robben; Duff; Joe Cole on the wings but the squad was balanced due to Maka and Essien being in the pivot. It's the coach is job when he has players like Sturridge; Mata and Hazard on the wings to find a way to balance the rest of the midfield in order to provide enough cover for the defense.

Pique and Rossi aswell, Fergie didn't know what to do with them and since both have turned into world class footballers.

For one Ronaldo you can name 6 example's where Fergie has fucked up with young players.

To be fair though in 25?+ years - you're going to make mistakes and its not all Fergie, there's a whole network of coaches, assistants etc providing input...

Similar to when I worked at Codies - we had the chance to sign some great games, but they got turned down, someone else snapped them up and made millions. Like I said hard to predict Potential :)

Anyway off-topic now :)

An absolute farce. Sturridge deserved his chance to have a run of games leading our attacking line. Cause call me crazy but the other English winger-who-wants-to-play-striker that certain fans want got his opportunity and is on fire right now.

It's shameful how we're selling him for a reported £12 million and buying another for £33 million more when we might not even need to. Fuck sake.

An absolute farce. Sturridge deserved his chance to have a run of games leading our attacking line. Cause call me crazy but the other English winger-who-wants-to-play-striker that certain fans want got his opportunity and is on fire right now.

It's shameful how we're selling him for a reported £12 million and buying another for £33 million more when we might not even need to. Fuck sake.

Not gonna call you crazy, quite a few people share this view... Just a waste and like Hutcho says, think him and Suarez could partner up well, both fast, tricky players and with Sterling not a bad attacking trio... #sigh :(

Our fullbacks would have been horribly exposed when we had Robben; Duff; Joe Cole on the wings but the squad was balanced due to Maka and Essien being in the pivot. It's the coach is job when he has players like Sturridge; Mata and Hazard on the wings to find a way to balance the rest of the midfield in order to provide enough cover for the defense.

Ramires and Mikel should effectively balance the team then because they play the same roles as Essien and Makalele. Ramires in Essiens role (box to box) and Mikel in Maka's role (defensive mid). You have to defend as a unit, the whole team, whether thats everyone behind the ball, pressing the other team to try and force them back and win the ball back or whatever.

Not gonna call you crazy, quite a few people share this view... Just a waste and like Hutcho says, think him and Suarez could partner up well, both fast, tricky players and with Sterling not a bad attacking trio... #sigh :(

It's a disgrace. You look at Arsenal last night and they used Walcott down the middle flanked by Podolski & Chamberlain. Podolski wasn't even that expensive and he's been bloody good. Giroud isn't that great right now, but again he's cheap so Arsenal don't care about dropping him. We're ready to spend £45m on one player when we can easily do what Arsenal did and have a combination of 3-4 attacking options that in total still cost less than Falcao.

It's a disgrace. You look at Arsenal last night and they used Walcott down the middle flanked by Podolski & Chamberlain. Podolski wasn't even that expensive and he's been bloody good. Giroud isn't that great right now, but again he's cheap so Arsenal don't care about dropping him. We're ready to spend £45m on one player when we can easily do what Arsenal did and have a combination of 3-4 attacking options that in total still cost less than Falcao.

Or we could have just signed Falcao when he had a mere £24m release clause :(

Ok, let me first say 100% agree!

But, there's always a but - we can't compare CFC to Arsenal :(

Wenger has a structure and playing style built up over a number of years and knows what roughly fits into his team, he also makes mistakes lmao (Gervinho) but as you said they ain't 50 million gambles. He invests little and often to shape a team, we go Vegas style Shit or Bust - normally Bust :(

I just don't think with the manager merry-go-round we have the stability to buy 3-4 cheap players, wean them in and offload what doesn't work, we will always buy the latest Star...

I mean look at how Marin has been treated along with Studge - poor lad deserves a run of games!!!