Daniel Sturridge

the wes

What has torres done during his 4596 minutes of playing time for Chelsea to be our number 9?

This is a new season and as I've said so far this season he has 2 goals in the league and could have had more. Until Danny gets a chance to play and can show he can step up to the role of CF then Torres is number 1.

Sturridge starting against Juve would be detrimental to Nando's "confidence", but to hell with all that BS. He's had his chances.

RDM needs to put him in in the striker role and let Danny's game do the talking. I'd be disappointed if he's only getting 15-20 minutes a game and I wouldn't blame Sturridge a bit if he wants to leave.

He's too talented to be sitting on the bench and in my opinion he plays with more hunger than Torres.

Sturridge starting against Juve would be detrimental to Nando's "confidence", but to hell with all that BS. He's had his chances.

RDM needs to put him in in the striker role and let Danny's game do the talking. I'd be disappointed if he's only getting 15-20 minutes a game and I wouldn't blame Sturridge a bit if he wants to leave.

He's too talented to be sitting on the bench and in my opinion he plays with more hunger than Torres.

you got that fukin right,, Sturridge needs to see time up top and if/when he starts to score Torres will hope Jan never comes.

http://www.goal.com/...nship-with-club

Sturridge nears Chelsea exit.

I am going to be so angry if this happens he is 10 times better than Torres

Goal.com can stir a little and make stories up but if true I can understand Sturridge attitude. He deserves to start much more upfront but has not been given the chance to so far. All subsitute appearances and he should be given the chance to play more upfront which is his favoured position

Goal.com can stir a little and make stories up but if true I can understand Sturridge attitude. He deserves to start much more upfront but has not been given the chance to so far. All subsitute appearances and he should be given the chance to play more upfront which is his favoured position

Gave the comment section a piece of my mind

Seriousley, Chelsea better give Danny enough playtime and chances. They are fucking 1) ruining his career and wasting his talent 2) making things worse for Chelsea by having this false hope that Torres will turn into a goal-scoring-God.

It's egregious if you also add to the fact that Danny has proven his worth when given the opportunities and worked so hard to be where he's at now. He's excelled at Bolton and had a stellar start to the season last year. Sure he may be a defensive liability but he works a lot harder than Torres does to get the ball back, and I think his style of play would work better with Hazard and Mata. He's waited long enough to play the CF role and I'll be disappointed if Robbie doesn't start him soon. There are some politics involved with the board surrounding Torres being handed the starting job and I think that's the reason why RDM is holding back for now.

The board needs to assess this properly and consider the Torres purchase as a failure. It was clearly a panic move made by Roman and it is evident that the previous injury Torres suffered took a lot out of him. I have total respect for Fernando as he is a class act with his head at the right place, but let's all move on from this to give Sturridge the time to develop into a world-class player.

I wonder what the actual relationship has been every since RDM became assistant manager (and then subsequently as full time manager)? He does not seem to have a lot of faith in him as he was dropped as soon as RDM took over and hardly starts, even on the wings. Not happy with his attitude in training or how he conducts himself?