Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I would like him to have a run as a striker like Tottenham are doing with Defoe. I think Hazard and Mata will love playing behind him because of his sheer PACE. Danny won't hide he'll carry on going and he'll carry on making the run and he's actually really creative too if anyone else has noticed... he's got great vision lol.

First time I've seen creativity from Danny was when he played as a RW for England's U21 team (can't remember the game, sry). The accurate passes and the vision he showed were stunning, really looked like he could create something out of "nothing" if you know what I mean.

As some other posters already said, Dannyboy has to play. The sooner the better.

I know you try to come across as though your not being bias or that you don't like, but after seeing a few of your posts regarding this Torres situation it appears that you are indeed pretty annoyed at him. What has Danny done to warrant being the number 9 whatsoever? I'm pretty sure yesterday is the first time he's actually come on as a CF so your saying he's done enough to warrant the CF spot based on that ten minutes? Don't make me laugh mate. He's done enough to warrant a starting place in some of our next few games to see how he does over a 90 minute game. To say he's number one atm when Torres is scoring 1 in every 2 games is ludicrous imo. Let's see how he does first before making judgements like that

Why does everything have to go back to a supposed Torres agenda?

Danny gets involved in the game more and he looks much more confident, the only reason he isn't getting played is because of Torres's price tag, nothing else.

great news. and i look forward to see how it goes. Hopefully it'll be more as a striker, becuase he rarely gets time there, hopefully he plays, and if he plays well RDM keeps him there. i wouldnt complain if he were to appear on a wing, but i do hope he gets some game time in his favoured position. and then HOPEFULLY he signs a new deal. would be a huge loss to lose him on a free.

it is very exciting with the players we have available, we just need RDM to rotate the players a bit (and possibly the system) to give them all a chance and to find our real true best 11.

Why does everything have to go back to a supposed Torres agenda?

Danny gets involved in the game more and he looks much more confident, the only reason he isn't getting played is because of Torres's price tag, nothing else.

It's got nothing to do with a Torres agenda I've just noticed it whenever you comment on Torres. No....the reason Danny isn't playing is because Torres has been scoring goals. 2 goals in 4 league games to be exact. The Torres support annoys me but your not looking at it fairly. To label Danny as the number 1 striker really makes no sense

Playing Sturridge against Juventus may give us an advantage. He might provide us that element of surprise upfront against Juventus as a CF. However, it may also count against us because his selfishness play may cost us as well as his relatively lack of experience in big CL games like this.

I think he would be great against Juventus. Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci are not too fast players, and Danny's speed could be a big advantage.

He also will fight for his place if he starts, and Torres need to be benched for a few games IMO.

It's got nothing to do with a Torres agenda I've just noticed it whenever you comment on Torres. No....the reason Danny isn't playing is because Torres has been scoring goals. 2 goals in 4 league games to be exact. The Torres support annoys me but your not looking at it fairly. To label Danny as the number 1 striker really makes no sense

I do look at fairly, i have given him credit for improving but he doensn't look convincing as a number 1 forward of a club challenging for honours, if he proves me wrong i will credit him again and take as many "i told you so's" people want to throw at me.

I will offer nothing but my full support for Torres and just because i think Danny at this moment in time should play won't change that, i support every Chelsea player but i will still give my opinion. I supported Ben Haim doesn't mean i didn't cringe at his name on the teamsheet (and i don't cringe when Torres gets named btw).

I know you try to come across as though your not being bias or that you don't like, but after seeing a few of your posts regarding this Torres situation it appears that you are indeed pretty annoyed at him. What has Danny done to warrant being the number 9 whatsoever? I'm pretty sure yesterday is the first time he's actually come on as a CF so your saying he's done enough to warrant the CF spot based on that ten minutes? Don't make me laugh mate. He's done enough to warrant a starting place in some of our next few games to see how he does over a 90 minute game. To say he's number one atm when Torres is scoring 1 in every 2 games is ludicrous imo. Let's see how he does first before making judgements like that

What has torres done during his 4596 minutes of playing time for Chelsea to be our number 9?