Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Nice to see him FINALLY get a few minutes as a striker. Should probably start against Stoke. We need to give him a chance to show what he can do and he's played well in pretty much every match he's played this season (with us and with England).

He looked better than Torres as he came on. He looked lively and I don't think he even shot once while he was on. He even layed off passes and didn't overdribble. :o Of course that may have all been because he was fresh. We'll have to see what he plays like when he starts and gets tired. He could get complacent as well. Realistically he won't start against Juve so should against Stoke.

10mins all game and he made them count. liked the cross he made with outside left foot nearly reached rambo/moses (i think). i dont see why RDM kept torres in game, he was just frustrated and the fact we got juve midweek was not very smart in my eyes to keep him that long.

Unfortunately, we will almost certainly see Torres start against Juve. But hats off to Danny who continues to fight for start place that he should have had a long time ago.

What i have always loved about Danny is his drive.

Sometimes he has taken shot's when pass is the better option (which has led to the outrageous hatred of him by some) but surely that is better than being scared to shoot, which is what we got from Nando for 18 months.

He has the will and the hunger to succeed, he scores goals. Yes he had a bit of a quiet spell last season but we should never forget how his goals in the first half off the season was single handedly keeping us in contention for top 4.

While he has said he is a number 9 a forward, the reason he was making waves about it last term is he was getting put on the wing, while Drogba (end of season big games aside) and Torres couldn't find a barn door, he would not have complained if both were scoring every week.

As far as im concerned he is number one forward until Torres performs consistently enough to make me think again.

What i have always loved about Danny is his drive.

Sometimes he has taken shot's when pass is the better option (which has led to the outrageous hatred of him by some) but surely that is better than being scared to shoot, which is what we got from Nando for 18 months.

He has the will and the hunger to succeed, he scores goals. Yes he had a bit of a quiet spell last season but we should never forget how his goals in the first half off the season was single handedly keeping us in contention for top 4.

While he has said he is a number 9 a forward, the reason he was making waves about it last term is he was getting put on the wing, while Drogba (end of season big games aside) and Torres couldn't find a barn door, he would not have complained if both were scoring every week.

As far as im concerned he is number one forward until Torres performs consistently enough to make me think again.

I know you try to come across as though your not being bias or that you don't like, but after seeing a few of your posts regarding this Torres situation it appears that you are indeed pretty annoyed at him. What has Danny done to warrant being the number 9 whatsoever? I'm pretty sure yesterday is the first time he's actually come on as a CF so your saying he's done enough to warrant the CF spot based on that ten minutes? Don't make me laugh mate. He's done enough to warrant a starting place in some of our next few games to see how he does over a 90 minute game. To say he's number one atm when Torres is scoring 1 in every 2 games is ludicrous imo. Let's see how he does first before making judgements like that

I don't think he will start against Juve, and I don't think that he should. In my opinion, RDM should start with Torres and see how he does. If he's shit, then he should replace him with Sturridge as early as possible in the second half. If Torres does okay, then probably he should give Sturridge 25 or 30 minutes.

Sturridge should start in our next league game.

I would like him to have a run as a striker like Tottenham are doing with Defoe. I think Hazard and Mata will love playing behind him because of his sheer PACE. Danny won't hide he'll carry on going and he'll carry on making the run and he's actually really creative too if anyone else has noticed... he's got great vision lol.