Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Read on twitter that Sturridge declined to go on loan to Liverpool and would only have left on permanent deal. Which presupposes he had more than a year on his contract, contrary to what many have speculated on this forum.

He was initially dropped from the squad list to complete his loan move but he stood firm and Di Mateo reinstated him. He's been a breath of fresh air whenever he's been introduced from the bench this season. His highlight yesterday was dribbling past two defenders, something Ramires hasn't been able to do all season, I still don't understand why Di Mateo still plays Ramires as a winger.

Anyway Happy Birthday, I hope you'll remain a Chelsea Blue for a long long time.

That's what you get when the manager is not in charge of transfers, when Di Mateo was quizzed about potential exits from the squad at the end of yesterday's match, he gave a frank answer that he had no clue who would be leaving before the transfer deadline.

Don't think we were ever interested in loaning him out. All media BS imho.

Hoping he starts to get some minutes as CF not a winger.

I reckon it was BS too. A loan would of been pointless as he can leave for free next summer. We need to play him as a CF to show that the club rates him and hopefully he will sign a new deal. He has potential to be a great player.

He was initially dropped from the squad list to complete his loan move but he stood firm and Di Mateo reinstated him. He's been a breath of fresh air whenever he's been introduced from the bench this season. His highlight yesterday was dribbling past two defenders, something Ramires hasn't been able to do all season, I still don't understand why Di Mateo still plays Ramires as a winger.

Sturridge is clearly a better right winger than Ramires and playing him there would allow Ramires to play in his natural CM role.

So glad he's staying, Sturridge is quality. For the haters (though I'm guessing they won't be residing on this thread) anyone noticed how hard he worked past two sub appearances? Against Reading and Atletico he worked hard, pressed, tracked back, most notably against Atletico a 70 yard full sprint track back while Luiz was spending the whole match jogging. (not Luiz bashing, I like him, but something was wrong yesterday).

I think it's very unlucky/unfair for Danny that the Torres 'confidence issue' is keeping him out of the side. I mean the man was our top scorer last season despite missing practically the whole last 3 months. I know you can't but criticize him at times, but it is unfair, in my eyes at least, that he is barely getting the odd 10-15mins out of position. Though it's only the start of the season, RDM may still, hopefully, include him in his plans.