Daniel Sturridge

the wes

In the words of a Man City fan:

"I don't see how sitting on Chelsea's bench would improve his career. Should've stayed with us"

And compete with Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Robinho and one "world-class" striker? Or have a chance at real success and possible CL?

In the words of a Man City fan:

"I don't see how sitting on Chelsea's bench would improve his career. Should've stayed with us"

And compete with Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Robinho and one "world-class" striker? Or have a chance at real success and possible CL?

Tevez too know lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I like what ive seen of him so far but he needs to learn to play the Chelsea way. In the Seattle game there were times when he could of passed the ball but he ended up losing it, over time this will come and i hope he turns into a fantastic player not just for us but for England aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Personally I'm not that impressed as of yet. Not too sure what to make of newspaper stories about him not pulling his weight in training and senior players having a word in his ear telling him to buck up his idea's.

I do want him to do well, and I have no doubts that with some hard work, he will do.

• 1 month later...

What is wrong with him now?

Injured?

He is not playing for a while.

He could be the best striker in premier league in the future.

i think anelka playing so well with drogba atm is playing on his mind..

ancelotti has stated fabio borini reminds him of inzagie, so sturridge will have to push his weight if he wants to replace either of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure link is working

From The Times January 14, 2010

Chelsea could be forced to pay up to £10 million for Daniel Sturridge

<H2 class="sub-heading padding-top-5 padding-bottom-15"></H2> samsung-585_663954a.jpgChelsea will discover at a Premier League tribunal today how much they must pay Manchester City for signing Daniel Sturridge.

City were demanding £10 million for the 20-year-old striker when talks broke down, with Chelsea offering £3 million.

Sturridge signed a four-year contract at Stamford Bridge last summer after rejecting a new deal at City, but because he received the bulk of his footballing education at the City of Manchester Stadium after arriving as a 14-year-old schoolboy, the club are entitled to a development fee.

Mark Hughes, the former City manager, had been keen to retain Sturridge, who was voted the club’s Young Player of the Year at the end of the 2008-09 season, but was unable to agree terms with the player’s representatives.

function slideshowPopUp(url){pictureGalleryPopupPic(url);return false;}

Related Links

Sturridge is believed to have asked for £75,000 a week in wages to stay at City, an outrageous demand made in the knowledge that Chelsea were standing by with an offer of £40,000.

Sturridge’s departure to Barclays Premier League rivals was viewed as a significant loss by City, who were determined to gain compensation. It is understood that City would settle for a fee of £7 million today, but Chelsea will be unhappy if they have to pay more than half that amount.

Chelsea agreed in an out-of-court settlement four years ago to pay Leeds United £5 million in compensation for Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo, the teenagers, after they had been accused of making illegal approaches to the pair. Last week, Taiwo, 19, signed for Carlisle United for an undisclosed fee.

Sturridge has made little impact since joining Chelsea, making eight appearances and starting one Premier League match this season, which the club may seek to use in their favour to secure a low settlement. Chelsea will also point out that Sturridge made only 24 appearances for City in a more modest team.

But Sturridge is enjoying his best run in the side, having scored his first goals for the club in the 5-0 FA Cup win over Watford 11 days ago.

Carlo Ancelotti, the manager, took the first-team squad for a meal last week to thank them for their efforts in finishing 2009 at the top of the Premier League. “It’s the first time since I have been playing that a manager has taken everyone out and paid for it as well,” John Terry, the captain, said.

@ Fulham Broadway;

He would be absolutely worth it in my opinion ;). But that doesn't leave me saying that it is okay, because 10 million concerning 'education costs' seems a bit out of order to me.

And a very nice move of Ancelotti btw!

Edited by Blueboy

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I just read the same thing. I think it'll be a serious mistake sending Sturridge on a loan. He is our third best striker, and loaning him out will weaken our squad. The only scenario possible for me to loan him out, is if we're going to buy another striker like for example Agüero. But I doubt that will happen the next days.

If you need a striker, take Kalou. Though I doubt anyone is dumb enough to consider him as a rescuer!