Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robdog

Mata & Torres partnership

Started by robdog,

I wanted to start this thread to discussion the beauty that these two players create when they are on the pitch together for both Club & Country. My favorite Mata & Torres moment came vs manure, when that superb Torres cross & Mata finished w/ an excellent one time volley into the roof of the net. Seriously, this partnership will be better than Hasselbaink & Guðjohnsen

ft_jm.jpg

BosnianLion likes this

When I saw this thread title, something popped into my head right away - Misimovic and Dzeko at Wolfsburg. Besides Grafite, they were the only real quality players at Wolfsburg, and their partnership won Wolfsburg the BL title for the first time in history, not to mention an incredible run in the CL.

Mata is obviously a much better playmaker, and Torres is a similar player to Dzeko.

This will only get better.

robdog likes this

i dont think it will be better then JFH and Eider to be fair they had a speical bond with each other not saying Mata and Torres but it wont beat them to...i hope it does for next season but cant see it

i also think they grew aolt closer throughout the euros. and i think it might be to early to put them up there with jimmy floyd and eidur. all in good time.

I wanted to start this thread to discussion the beauty that these two players create when they are on the pitch together for both Club & Country. My favorite Mata & Torres moment came vs manure, when that superb Torres cross & Mata finished w/ an excellent one time volley into the roof of the net. Seriously, this partnership will be better than Hasselbaink & Guðjohnsen

ft_jm.jpg

1. How do you know?

2. Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen were both strikers, in a striker-companionship. Not even comparable to Mata-Torres.

3. Discuss what? Mata is an awesome player, Torres has the ability but hasnt delivered.

3. Discuss what? Mata is an awesome player, Torres has the ability but hasnt delivered.

The partnership of Mata & Torres. If you don't see it, then say why you don't see it. Pretty simple thought process.

The partnership of Mata & Torres. If you don't see it, then say why you don't see it. Pretty simple thought process.

What are we to discuss? You didnt ask any questions in your post, nor provide any decent discussing-material. or should we all just post "yeaahh it will be awesome next season!!"

I think Mata should be playing behind Torres next season, not Hazard.

I was assuming that would probably be the case anyway with hazard at LW. Though they should all be pretty free flowing so the positions would be flexible.