The MMA thread

robdog

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw UFC 168, what the hell happened there, how did Silva's leg do that?

I know he won etc, but Weidman so excited jumping about when someone's career could be over. Horrendous. He could have had some tact. Yes he won but Silva was seriously injured.

Just saw UFC 168, what the hell happened there, how did Silva's leg do that?

I know he won etc, but Weidman so excited jumping about when someone's career could be over. Horrendous. He could have had some tact. Yes he won but Silva was seriously injured.

Father time gets the best out of everyone......

Silva had a good run, but its time for young blood to takeover... Weidman respects Silva (his idol) and winning this time around without a fluke knockout sealed his place as a legit champ, rather than a Matt Serra.

TBH, I dont think he knew Silva was injured that bad when it occurred...

I think he knew!! Where did he think he was? Or could he not hear the screams of agony. He isn't a legit champ , he won first fight because silva was too cocky messing around he wasn't fighting any of his past challengers could have beat him had he done that to them look how hard sonnen fought against him. Flukey then this, silva suffers bad injury and can't compete, so again didn't really win. We shall see when he has to fight again .

I think he knew!! Where did he think he was? Or could he not hear the screams of agony. He isn't a legit champ , he won first fight because silva was too cocky messing around he wasn't fighting any of his past challengers could have beat him had he done that to them look how hard sonnen fought against him. Flukey then this, silva suffers bad injury and can't compete, so again didn't really win. We shall see when he has to fight again .

Silva time was coming.

Sonnen was the beginning, but like GSP, Silva age is showing....

Weidman was beating Silva already in the first round and prepared for Silva legkicks all throughout his camp... This time, he was legit champ.

Its a good thing Silva didnt fight John Bones, cause Bones would of whipped him.

He isnt a legit champ, he had two very dodgy fights, it was obvious particulaly in the first fight, Silva is not passed it, he is so far superior to so many fighters, but he was bored, fight after fight he dominated, it can be boring, it was boring watching. He mucks about and took an easy shot. I think he wanted it to be over. Then Dana had clearly made him fight Weidman again to make HIM look decent, it was obvious he couldnt be bothered and bascially jobbed the loss and then by not trying got injured, a bad injury as well.

As i said Weidman will not be a legit champ till he actually beats anyone who is any good.

As for GSP that is a different story, he dodged Diaz at a time when I feel he would have been beated by Nick, by the time they actually fought Nick had been out of UFC for ages, and it was a weak fight. The last GSP fight I don't know how the hell they judged that a victory for George.

• 1 month later...

Man we let this thread die. Let's resurrect it after UFC 170. I know a lot people on this msgboard like Rowdy Ronda Rousey. Was everyone kewl w/ the stoppage of her first win other than an armbar? If you didn't see it, check it out.

Ronda_Rousey_vs._Sara_McMann_1.gif

In case if you wondering, I thought it was a good stop. McMann was down & not moving until Dean stepped in.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man we let this thread die. Let's resurrect it after UFC 170. I know a lot people on this msgboard like Rowdy Ronda Rousey. Was everyone kewl w/ the stoppage of her first win other than an armbar? If you didn't see it, check it out.

Ronda_Rousey_vs._Sara_McMann_1.gif

In case if you wondering, I thought it was a good stop. McMann was down & not moving until Dean stepped in.

I love Ronda she is awesome she has really put women's mma on the map, I can't wait for her next fight at the end of the month I am hoping for another quick KO.

What you guy think of the Silva vs Diaz match?

I love Ronda she is awesome she has really put women's mma on the map, I can't wait for her next fight at the end of the month I am hoping for another quick KO.

What you guy think of the Silva vs Diaz match?

I liked the card over all - disappointed that Spyda Silva got caught cheating though - I liked the Tate vs. McMann fight more though - yes Women's MMA is very nice to watch & IMHO Rowdy Rousey better watch out for Alpha Cat Zingano. I think this Woman will be mentally stronger than Rousey's previous opponents. The question will be if Zingano has the talent to stop Rousey hmm.gif Checkout the staredown