The MMA thread

robdog

Just watched Lyoto Machida vs Ryan Bader on UFC on FOX. Lovely fight and I'm really happy to see a shotokan karate fighter have so much success in the UFC because I trained it for 10 years and will get back to it this year probably.

wBTtgf.jpg

Good shit there. I trained in TaeKwondo for a couple years & in Kuk Sol Won. Just do me one favor, don't get KTFO like Bader did on that pict ;)...BTW, I rather see Dragon Machida vs Shogun III first, before Dragon gets that title shot.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking love MMA.

Here's a list of sports I love.

Football.

MMA.

:D

Anyway, fav fighters

Cro_Cop_UFC.jpg

This guy looks suspiciously like some wrestler who used to appear in WWE as a kayfabe Russian.

Madmax, as Sh0n3x will confess, CroCop is a MMA Legend. If you are ever on the wrong side of his High Left Kick, then you will get KTFO:

Mirko-Crocop-vs-Dos-Caras-03.jpg

I am not Croatian, but I heard that he is a Larger than life in that country & that he is a member of the country's Parliament.

This guy looks suspiciously like some wrestler who used to appear in WWE as a kayfabe Russian.

He would kick you in the head if you mentioned WWE to him :D He hates it ( like I do ), especially because he had to go through blood, sweat and tears to reach the place where he is now while bunch of drama queens and actors dive around the ring and earn much more money and publicity then MMA fighters.

It's not an easy decision to make when going into MMA. You need to devote your full life to it and since it's a mix of martial arts, you need to master more then one martial art. There is not protection except those gloves which are not as good as boxing one for example so it's definitely not a sport for everyone. MMA fighters have my full respect for what they do.

Madmax, as Sh0n3x will confess, CroCop is a MMA Legend. If you are ever on the wrong side of his High Left Kick, then you will get KTFO:

Mirko-Crocop-vs-Dos-Caras-03.jpg

I am not Croatian, but I heard that he is a Larger than life in that country & that he is a member of the country's Parliament.

Mirko is huge. It's not a small thing to have an MMA fighter coming from a country as small as Croatia brake through Pride and UFC.

His left leg? Cemetary.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, best high kick in UFC history.

Unfortunately he became a punching bag for most heavyweights now.

I watched a few highlights comp of some "random" heavyweights and there is always a nasty KO on Cro Cop.

UFC 154 in Montreal, 2 of my favs: Georges St Pierre (my fav) and Stephen Thompson!

• 1 month later...

Why not? He took him down with ease in the first, and if he was more well rounded he would have won the fight. Silva will be beaten in his next 2 fights, which could take two years with his history of dodging fights.

spyda_rulz.jpg

What happened last night??? Just want to send you a reminder that you actually typed this <_< Spyda Silva is the Greatest MMA Fighter Ever!!! & he doesn't take drugs like somebody we both know does. BTW I have another reason why I like Spyda Silva

cfc_spyda.jpg

Jose Aldo is also a Chelsea supporter ,but i prefer English fighters.My favourite fighter is Dan Hardy but i also like Donald Cerrone,Jon Fitch,Frankie Edgar etc.I trained kick boxing some time before moving to Muay Thai with the same sensei as before.My job takes way too much of my free time so currently i am not doing any sports which is shite.

Jose Aldo is also a Chelsea supporter

Really??? I want photo evidence ;)

My job takes way too much of my free time so currently i am not doing any sports which is shite.

Bro I don't know how old you are, but you gotta do something. Make a habit like drinking or smoking ;)

• 4 weeks later...

anyone catch the the UFC event in Macao today? Man there was some brutal fights. Not an event for the weak heart. Props to Cung Le for that devastating KO of Rich 'Ace' Franklin. That is what I call a 'chin check'. Here in the States the event was advertised as Rude Awakening. I am sure that is how Ace Franklin felt after they gave him the smelling salts

mma_g_franklin1_sy_576.jpg

• 2 months later...