The MMA thread

robdog

in the end, WSOF stripped Palhares of his belt for dirty fighting :o I know it's a cage fight. I thought anything could go.

Well bugga me!

I dont like all the rules there are in fighting. We all understand the risks we take doing any form of MA. But then again just where do we draw the line?

I think maybe just no kicking between legs, no kicking in head whilst down, no fingers in eyes should be enough. Headbuts would be great!

headbut_zpswisdvnoc.gif

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well bugga me!

I dont like all the rules there are in fighting. We all understand the risks we take doing any form of MA. But then again just where do we draw the line?

I think maybe just no kicking between legs, no kicking in head whilst down, no fingers in eyes should be enough. Headbutts would be great!

In the Old UFC, one could hit/kick in the nads. Not now. Also Headbutting was legal too, but not now. However I liked it in Pride FC when fighters would use Soccer Kicks on downed opponents. I thought it was fair

tumblr_ljq0872iLs1qbng26o1_500.jpg

Tim_Sylvia_vs_Andrei_Arlovski_9.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rumble vs Manuwa & Dodson vs Mighty Mouse will be good as well.

UFC_191_event_poster.jpeg

Aye a good card. And my new batch of strawberry ciders ready Only problem I see happening is if the Mrs and her mates phones up pissed clubbing and she expects me to get them! Little does she know Ive stuck £20 in her bag for a cab! Happy days Cheers_zps19wjihtp.gif

Rumble vs Manuwa & Dodson vs Mighty Mouse will be good as well.

A couple of predictions then as its just coming on

I'll give it to Mighty Mouse as hes got to be the best pound for pound fighter there is but Dodsons got a fast left hand and hes hungry.. My heart gos with Pitbull but I think Mir the smug git might do him. Rumbles coming up against a bloomin good puncher but I think hes got him.

I dont know the others.

Got 2 out of 3 so my accumulator wouldnt have paid off.

But what a poor night. The size of Rumbles he should have just powered his way thru but he looked a bit wary of him close up. But he caught him a cracker right on the jaw. see Manuwas eyes roll back straight away? Instinct made his hands go down to brace his fall.

Was disappointed with Pitbull fight. 2 lads with their knockout power it was a bit slow. I expected it when I was Mirs gut. Ive always thought he had one of those faces you just wanted to put your foot down his throat but he was always well built.

I expected a good much closer fight for Mighty Mouse but he did it pretty easy. He throws those punches from anywher without notice.

I just see the luvly Rowdy. I know 193 is a long way off but shes got a touch of chicken wings to me.

Edited by Unionjack

A couple of predictions then as its just coming on

I'll give it to Mighty Mouse as hes got to be the best pound for pound fighter there is but Dodsons got a fast left hand and hes hungry.. My heart gos with Pitbull but I think Mir the smug git might do him. Rumbles coming up against a bloomin good puncher but I think hes got him.

I dont know the others.

Got 2 out of 3 so my accumulator wouldnt have paid off.

But what a poor night. The size of Rumbles he should have just powered his way thru but he looked a bit wary of him close up. But he caught him a cracker right on the jaw. see Manuwas eyes roll back straight away? Instinct made his hands go down to brace his fall.

Was disappointed with Pitbull fight. 2 lads with their knockout power it was a bit slow. I expected it when I was Mirs gut. Ive always thought he had one of those faces you just wanted to put your foot down his throat but he was always well built.

I expected a good much closer fight for Mighty Mouse but he did it pretty easy. He throws those punches from anywhere without notice.

I liked the fights - thought those 3 were very entertaining - IMHO Mir got robbed, but as we all know you can't let the fight goto the judges - I was impressed w/ the strength of Pitbull - there were a couple of occasions where I thought Mir would get a submission, but Pitbull used his strength to get the fight back to the feet - what about Rumble vs Manuwa? I thought it was a legit stoppage

usa-today-8785072.0.jpg

The main talking point of the night was of course Conor McGregor calling the entire 155lb division a bunch of stiffs :Goober:

I liked the fights - thought those 3 were very entertaining - IMHO Mir got robbed, but as we all know you can't let the fight goto the judges - I was impressed w/ the strength of Pitbull - there were a couple of occasions where I thought Mir would get a submission, but Pitbull used his strength to get the fight back to the feet - what about Rumble vs Manuwa? I thought it was a legit stoppage

The main talking point of the night was of course Conor McGregor calling the entire 155lb division a bunch of stiffs :Goober:

Oh of course Rumbles fight should have been stopped. The guys eyes tolled straight back as soon as he touched his chin. A proper punch.

I never thought Mir was on top tho, He only had that one try for an armbar at the end and Pitbull got up before he put it on. Mir looked very slow and fat. I know he was on the roids so maybe when he stopped it turned to fat. Shame about Broc cause Id like to see him and Pitbull even tho Broc I reckon would deck him.

I saw that with Conor. He was on form for the media. Making friends as usual. But I love the guy. I like people with egos that can back it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I never thought Mir was on top tho, He only had that one try for an armbar at the end and Pitbull got up before he put it on.

Pitbull has a retort for all of the haters of this fight.

"You know what, I just don't want to be rude, but Fuck all the people" - Pitbull Arlovski

I have to agree w/ him. I saw it as a tough fight between two opponents that had the ability to finish each other. One cannot go into a fight like that w/ reckless abandon.

So are you excited for the Bellator MMA & Glory: Dynamite 1 this weekend? If you not, you should be. There is a 4 man Light Heavyweight Tournament. You will have some kick boxing scraps included. Then the Main finale is the fight between Liam McGeary vs Tito Ortiz. I think McGeary will show the World that he is Really Legit. I seen him fight before & the guy is very talented.

Bellator_MMA_%26_Glory_Dynamite_poster.j

Pitbull has a retort for all of the haters of this fight.

"You know what, I just don't want to be rude, but Fuck all the people" - Pitbull Arlovski

I have to agree w/ him. I saw it as a tough fight between two opponents that had the ability to finish each other. One cannot go into a fight like that w/ reckless abandon.

So are you excited for the Bellator MMA & Glory: Dynamite 1 this weekend? If you not, you should be. There is a 4 man Light Heavyweight Tournament. You will have some kick boxing scraps included. Then the Main finale is the fight between Liam McGeary vs Tito Ortiz. I think McGeary will show the World that he is Really Legit. I seen him fight before & the guy is very talented.

Bellator_MMA_%26_Glory_Dynamite_poster.j

Bugga I missed this. Is there any torrents of it out? Ive never seen a 4 way fight before (in the ring/cage anyway)

Just been having a laugh over this. It reminded me of a John Wayne do at a strip show one night. 2 lads hit each other at the same time and they both went down sparko.

Bugga I missed this. Is there any torrents of it out? Ive never seen a 4 way fight before (in the ring/cage anyway)

Just been having a laugh over this. It reminded me of a John Wayne do at a strip show one night. 2 lads hit each other at the same time and they both went down sparko.

you catch the bouts on mmashare

you catch the bouts on mmashare

Cheers for that bud,

Watched a few fights. Real shame about Tito cause I like him. Hes got one of those faces and characters you either laugh along with and not take him seriously or want to slap him. I always liked watching him when I first got into UFC. All those guys did so much for MMA.

Cheers for that bud,

Watched a few fights. Real shame about Tito cause I like him. Hes got one of those faces and characters you either laugh along with and not take him seriously or want to slap him. I always liked watching him when I first got into UFC. All those guys did so much for MMA.

Did you hear about the biggest news of the night? The Return of the Last Emperor - Fedor Emelianenko

Did you hear about the biggest news of the night? The Return of the Last Emperor - Fedor Emelianenko

Aye. The guy used to be an animal but not having fought for 3 years and 2/3 months to train I'm not sure. But then again hes ...........!

Aye. The guy used to be an animal but not having fought for 3 years and 2/3 months to train I'm not sure. But then again hes ...........!

I know there were many that hoped Fedor would come over to the UFC, but let's be real here - he would have gotten Mauled in the UFC. Some real savs in the Heavyweight division. Speaking of the UFC, this upcoming weekend will be in Japan. I am looking forward to it.

COLBXzxVAAANbOd.jpg

• 2 months later...